• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 BETA invites For Europe sent out! (stop begging for keys, you dirty ponces

Rapping Granny said:
gameplay still needs some polish.
I think so too. It looks like the accuracy could be improved. It reminds me of the socom beta before the accuracy improvement patch. I could be wrong but I saw another video that showed the same thing, someone was zoomed in with there scope shooting at a wall and the bullets were spraying left right up down. I think the accuracy should be spot on when your zoomed in.

edit: actually at 5:30 into this clip it's looking very accurate.

JimiNutz

Banned
Graphics look hot, looks like it controls smoothly and doesn't look too slow or clunky. Seems like it plays a lot like COD4 with a little bit of Team Fortress 2 thrown in. I think games like this where you die very quickly/easily require far more patience and strategy than is on display in the videos. If everyone is simply running and gunning games like this can turn into a real clusterfuck where you simply spawn, kill someone, die, spawn kill someone, die. I'm surprised there's no cover system in MP.
If you get a good team communicating and working together I imagine it'd be very fun though

VaLiancY

I hope this isn't anything like Call of Duty 4. From what I see there is good recoil and the gun sways and that is something I can live with.

cameltoe

at 6:00 in that new vid a rocket hits the wall outside, and inside all this dust starts raining down from above!! Fucking little details like that....

I hope the max sensitivity is close to COD4 (I play using insane)

I also hope sprinting is more like COD 4 and nothing like BFBC

I also also hope you can shoot while in air...cause I jump and shoot like a mofo in COD4 and pretty much every shooter I play!!

Clinton514

Don't blame the game for not being accurate because we've only seen fumbling clowns providing the videos so far. :lol

Proelite

I think at this point they should just copy COD4 controls exactly. It looks over animated to me right now, but does it affect gameplay?

morlock

Proelite said:
I think at this point they should just copy COD4 controls exactly. It looks over animated to me right now, but does it affect gameplay?
This game is Killzone, not COD. It should not play just like COD4, COD5 and 6 will do that just fine... :)

How boring if all games where alike.
The animations in KZ2 makes it look like and feel like the player is part of the world instead of like in Half Life 2 (for e.g) when we are just moving around a camera on a stick. COD4 copied some animations from KZ1 and this game looks like it will perfect them.

cameltoe said:
at 6:00 in that new vid a rocket hits the wall outside, and inside all this dust starts raining down from above!! Fucking little details like that....

I hope the max sensitivity is close to COD4 (I play using insane)

I also hope sprinting is more like COD 4 and nothing like BFBC

I also also hope you can shoot while in air...cause I jump and shoot like a mofo in COD4 and pretty much every shooter I play!!

No jumping and shooting, I don't think.

Rapping Granny said:
Is it the players or does this game not look fun to play at all, looks really boring. maybe its themlow quality vidz.

Looks like a blast to play.

Have you ever watched a multiplayer game in progress without participating?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Rapping Granny said:
Is it the players or does this game not look fun to play at all, looks really boring. maybe its themlow quality vidz.
Just you. It's the same level but it definitely feels chaotic. Like a warzone. I'm sure this is not the best of the MP maps either.

Rapping Granny said:

I think that there are just those games which are really fun to play, but boring to watch.

This would be one of them I think (I don't have the beta though so can't say for certain).

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
please K2beta GAFers, make some videos - i cant watch these clowns getting killed 10 times i a row (in the same room + the same way!)

freezo

i said the same thing I'm like why does he keep going back to the same spot if he knows they have a rocket launcher:lol

Zen

Banned
One thing about this footage that annoys me (that I haven't seen mentioned) is how the players die. It's like exactly the same way that player models died in Killzone 1, they sort of look like they've been shocked and drop to the floor (Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what it looks like watching http://gostv.blip.tv/file/1310407/).

They have this great hit response ragdoll system, why not implement it when the player is impacted by the bullet that kills them. If a guy gets hit by a rocket launcher, I don't want to see him flop down in place, I want to see him go flying. If you're running and get killed, you shouldn't just flop down in place, your character should go limp and tumble forward to the ground in a way that reflects his momentum.

Maybe for the final release.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Zen said:
One thing about this footage that annoys me (that I haven't seen mentioned) is how the players die. It's like exactly the same way that player models died in Killzone 1, they sort of look like they've been shocked and drop to the floor (Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what it looks like watching http://gostv.blip.tv/file/1310407/).

They have this great hit response ragdoll system, why not implement it when the player is impacted by the bullet that kills them. If a guy gets hit by a rocket launcher, I don't want to see him flop down in place, I want to see him go flying. If you're running and get killed, you shouldn't just flop down in place, your character should go limp and tumble forward to the ground in a way that reflects his momentum.

Maybe for the final release.

i think they done that because you can be revived by a medic - your not dead your just wounded / if you press X you get respawned or you wait for a medic... thats why the "death animation" is the same everytime you get "fragt"

i like the death animations in cod4 a lot - but GG knows what they are doing, i hope

Gibb

sankt-Antonio said:
i think they done that because you can be revived by a medic - your not dead your just wounded / if you press X you get respawned or you wait for a medic... thats why the "death animation" is the same everytime you get "fragt"

to be able to reach out your hand to call for help is a great way to implement "rescue time".. and it could always be the same waving, or even random gestures..

but this happens after you fall to the ground... and that falling-to-the-ground animation seems static.. it is not extending the path of motion (like while running and getting hit and falling/sliding/stumbling some few feet further of the place where you got shot, because of the velocity)

still five months left for polish tho ;-)

Spiegel

Posted?

10o4j9h.jpg

28i2ds8.jpg

Top Bottom