• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 @ E3 2008 - ONLINE Revealed

Concept17

BruceLeeRoy said:
My day has been made it was already going good with:

Video Service
Then R2
Then Infamous
Then Motorstorm
and now
THIS!

Ahh this has been a good week so far.

I agree. And seeing something related to GoW3 was great too. Mag sounds great, but want to see it in action.

Regardless of how dissapointing people find E3... its still the best gaming event around.

Doel

It has my interest but SOCOM Confrontation is still by far my most anticipated online game.

I hope the guys have learned from their many mistakes in online with KillZone 1.

raYne

Zezboob said:
The use of the sixaxis is totally stupid.

Seriously developers should ignore this function.
If the pipe turning is what you're talking about (saw it on the G4 hands on earlier), I don't have a problem with the use, but the animation of the hands opening and closing to grasp the pipe controls look really awkward. Like it's too fast or something and then the time to the next rotation is too long. That and the arms look stiff, which only stands out more because of the awesome reload and pretty much every other animation in the game.

Hopefully they iron that out before release.

KZObsessed

The magnum kill was magnificent. Love that gun.

Trophy support confirmed of course.

I hope we find out more about the character customization, and whether or not we can choose which race to be. I'm assuming it's going to be random whether you play as an ISA troop or a helghast, but I just want one character who is "me". The helghast scout.

Concept17

FoxhoundNL said:
Looks great, but levels seem a bit empty, or is it just me? :p

Hard to say. The detail and atmosphere is there, but without knowing how it plays, its hard to say how the maps should be laid out.

Zezboob

raYne said:
If the pipe turning is what you're talking about (saw it on the G4 hands on earlier), I don't have a problem with the use, but the animation of the hands opening and closing to grasp the pipe controls look really awkward. Like it's too fast or something and then the time to the next rotation is too long. That and the arms look stiff, which only stands out more because of the awesome reload and pretty much every other animation in the game.

Hopefully they iron that out before release.
Yes, speaking about that.
The animation is indeed bad but more important for me, it's totally useless and bring nothing interesting to the gameplay.

It just look like a guy said "hey, what about using the sixaxis here ? to justify its existence !"
There is no fun or challenge.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Zezboob said:
Yes, speaking about that.
The animation is indeed bad but more important for me, it's totally useless and bring nothing interesting to the gameplay.

It just look like a guy said "hey, what about using the sixaxis here ? to justify its existence !"
There is no fun or challenge.

totally agree. I hate that feature soooo much. Just a huge waste of time.

drknite

Can't wait to eat some Kobe tubesteak
msdstc said:
totally agree. I hate that feature soooo much. Just a huge waste of time.
I thought it looked pretty cool in the vid though. You press R1 + L1 and tilt the controller at the same time to turn the wheel, let go of the buttons, and repeat. Realistic to me.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
drknite said:
I thought it looked pretty cool in the vid though. You press R1 + L1 and tilt the controller at the same time to turn the wheel, let go of the buttons, and repeat. Realistic to me.

who cares it's not fun at all... it adds nothing to gameplay.

Clinton514

Maggot9 said:
anyone know if KZ1 is still running online? I imagine Liberation is probably ruined by glitchers
Liberation is up, some glitchers but still good for the most part.

Killzone 1 has approx. 100+ or so nightly around 8pm-ish.

belvedere said:
Holy ZOMG!

Fucking awesome, I can't believe it looks that good in multiplayer.

So, any word on online co-op?

no word on co-op, but they said that they are going to be releasing new info on KZ2 every day of E3

drknite

msdstc said:
who cares it's not fun at all... it adds nothing to gameplay.
It adds realism. Obviously you and I differ in opinion, but for me it's ok because it is one of the first times I have seen good use of sixaxis :lol . You didn't like it in Uncharted for balancing on the rope?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
drknite said:
It adds realism. Obviously you and I differ in opinion, but for me it's ok because it is one of the first times I have seen good use of sixaxis :lol . You didn't like it in Uncharted for balancing on the rope?

Seriously if it wasn't there I wouldn't care at all. I thought it was stupid and gimmicky. I would much rather just tap the button or turn the analog than the controller... IMO a waste of time.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
msdstc said:
why sony didn't even bother to show this is beyond me.
No offense, but i dont know why you guys keep asking this. You damn well know if they showed killzone 2 it would have been more posts of wahh gosh 3 E3's now with killzone 2, wah stop showing us this. etc and so forth.

Surreal

FoxhoundNL said:
Looks great, but levels seem a bit empty, or is it just me? :p

Yeah, they need to have more enemies in general.

From the videos shown so far, it seriously looks like a walk through the park. Need more people pinning you down, more ambushes, no more lone soldiers getting killed before they can raise their gun. That's the impression I got from the Livewire demo. I hope raising the difficulty doesn't just turn enemies into meat shields, there should be more enemies overall.

I should be going "shitshitshitshitshitshit" in my head constantly while I play this. Trying to get behind cover, finding a ledge to jump over, trying to create distance, avoiding being flanked. Not walking through the levels. Less picking enemies off from a distance when they pop out to shoot you. Less leaving themselves wide open while they rappel down a rafter. IMO, it should feel like you're struggling to find safety. Like the scene in the warehouse that they were playing on G4, it would be perfect if Helghast came from all sides, not giving you the opportunity to sit in one place and shoot them. Think Uncharted on Crushing.

I'd make everything a more intimate affair, everyone remembers that gif where he goes inside the empty room and the Helghast is in the corner behind him. It was like the first media released, and that was perfect. They need to be absolutely crushing you as you go through these levels. The game doesn't have to be hard to do this. It just feels like the sense of urgency and real danger isn't there.

Dirtbag

drknite said:

Yeah I bet that won't confuse joe six-pack!

How many people you think will be totally lost as what to do with it.

drknite

Dirtbag 504 said:
Yeah I bet that won't confuse joe six-pack!

How many people you think will be totally lost as what to do with it.
Nobody because it tells you on the screen what to press :/

Top Bottom