• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
DMeisterJ said:
This is so dumb.

Give the demo to everyone. I'm pre-ordering it (from GS Now :D), but it would make more sense to have it open.

I hope it's on the PS Store too.

Gamestop got a hand on this

Pre-orders are big business

This defeats the purpose of a DEMO i have to promise to buy the game before i get to try the game?

urgh

DoomGyver

~Devil Trigger~ said:

This defeats the purpose of a DEMO i have to promise to buy the game before i get to try the game?

urgh

Oh please, you're gonna buy the game regardless if there was a demo or not, admit it. :p

And you can always cancel a pre-order, it's not like you're signing your life away.

~Devil Trigger~ said:

urgh

This will likely ended in Qore. And every single demo that was given a Qore exclusivity was also released on PSN before the game was available.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Full Recovery said:
Oh please, you're gonna buy the game regardless if there was a demo or not, admit it. :p

And you can always cancel a pre-order, it's not like you're signing your life away.

oh i know I am gonna get it, but for the non-believers out there...

DoomGyver

I have a question for ex beta testers maybe eon can chime in..

Does Killzone have some sort of party system? Or any way I can get a few friends together and then play with them the entire night in ranked matches without hassle? Instead of having the problem of sending message details and then hoping they end up on my team?

Something similar to COD4's party system?

You can create a password protected game with different game modes. There's not a party system per se.

Btw, 39 posts left before New Years Eve - for media blowout thread. Can't wait to see the official thread (you know who's going to do it) :D

DoomGyver

BruceWayneIII said:
You can create a password protected game with different game modes. There's not a party system per se.

If I have all of my friends in a match on my team, will we stay together from match to match? Or does the game end and everyone is just kicked out to the menu?

Full Recovery said:
If I have all of my friends in a match on my team, will we stay together from match to match? Or does the game end and everyone is just kicked out to the menu?

I honestly can't remember all the options, however, I do know that it's possible to be together for a pretty long time depending on how you set up the matches. You can create a 'server' with several matches and where you progress seamlessly between the individual matches and game types. So, it's not just one match and a kick in the Q!W"#%¤ :)

Cruzader

Banned
BruceWayneIII said:
I honestly can't remember all the options, however, I do know that it's possible to be together for a pretty long time depending on how you set up the matches. You can create a 'server' with several matches and where you progress seamlessly between the individual matches and game types. So, it's not just one match and a kick in the Q!W"#%¤ :)

This!

When the match ends, you see match stats and everyone votes on the next map to play on. Then Match begins, everyone from last game still plays together. If you want, you can make a mini "team" while on the ISA/Higgs side.(you and 3 others can band together and it shows your buddies health/status in your own HUD incase they need your help to revive them ..etc)

KZObsessed

Full Recovery said:
I have a question for ex beta testers maybe eon can chime in..

Does Killzone have some sort of party system? Or any way I can get a few friends together and then play with them the entire night in ranked matches without hassle? Instead of having the problem of sending message details and then hoping they end up on my team?

Something similar to COD4's party system?

There is no standardised party system at the moment no. But, it was the most requested feature from Beta testers, so they said they could add it later.

There is also supposed to be some feature to do with the clan system so you can meet up with your clan quickly but it hasn't been revealed, or maybe I misunderstood.

What it does have tho is a "Join Friend" option. So when you're online there's a list of everyone on your friends list who's online and what game they're playing in, so you can jump straight into their game without having to wait for an invite.

Full Recovery said:

You stay together in a game until you choose to leave. Games just keep replaying. You can't choose which team you want to be on by default tho, due to auto balancing, but you can turn it off. You can also set up small 4 man squads within your team where you spawn on the squad leader and can voice chat with them.

DoomGyver

BruceWayneIII said:

Awesome, that's perfect. It's actually better then a party system because you can pick what you want to play and which map.

One more Q, can you join friends by just going to your friendlist and selecting a friend that is currently in a match? Or does the friend have to send you an invite?

Edit: nevermind, my question has been answered. Thank you guys, it just gets so cumbersome sometimes sending messages and whatnot. Socom is horrible, you have to tell your friend what Server you are in and then tell them what match you're in via message. It gets old.

Full Recovery said:
Awesome, that's perfect. It's actually better then a party system because you can pick what you want to play and which map.

One more Q, can you join friends by just going to your friendlist and selecting a friend that is currently in a match? Or does the friend have to send you an invite?

You can join by going to your friends list and join their game, if there's a free spot left.

KZObsessed

Dubbedinenglish said:
That's right. Everyone unass this year get to Feb.....LETZ GOOOO!!!

:lol

Boils ma blood every time!

Regarding the voice acting, I actually really like everyone except for Rico. I know it's all placeholder but I actually really like the other 3. Natko especially... there's a bit in Suljeva Badlands where he says:

"I dunno... feels like dead weight to me!"

It's awesome, he sounds like a pirate!

hulot

hulot said:
I know there are 5 objective based missions in one multiplayer mode, but are there options for straight deathmatch/flag/etc variants?
Since we're talking multiplayer again, anyone? And is there a way to queue up different maps, instead of just one or all?

KZObsessed

hulot said:
Since we're talking multiplayer again, anyone? And is there a way to queue up different maps, instead of just one or all?

Bodycount (Team Death Match)
Search & Destroy
Search & Retrieve
Assassination
Capture & Hold

You can play ALL of them in 1 game, just 1, or anything in between. Same with maps, you can have it cycle through all maps, or any variation you choose. And you vote which map comes next after the game's over.

DoomGyver

FFObsessed said:
Search & Destroy
Search & Retrieve
Assassination
Capture & Hold

You can play ALL of them in 1 game, just 1, or anything in between. Same with maps, you can have it cycle through all maps, or any variation you choose. And you vote which map comes next after the game's over.

ALL OVER MY FACE.

hulot

FFObsessed said:
Search & Destroy
Search & Retrieve
Assassination
Capture & Hold

So it was like this in the beta? You could choose to play only Team Deathmatch?

KZObsessed

hulot said:
So it was like this in the beta? You could choose to play only Team Deathmatch?

Yep, you could choose to play any of the modes by themselves. You can even choose to make a match where only people from your clan can play, so you only play with friends. There's tons of options when creating a match.

Enojado

I'm hoping the Jan episode of Qore gives Qore subscribers access to the beta. That way I can keep my Amazon preorder and rock the Home world with my Helghast outfit.

Now we just need more info on a LE of KZ2

*taps feet impatiently*

morlock

Does anyone have this image in better quality?

11r4uh4.jpg

DMeisterJ

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:

urgh

Oh I know. I was talking about it with one of my local GS employees.

If 1 million people pre-order a game a five bucks a pop, that's 5 million in the bank, collecting interest until the game comes out. Depending on how long ago the game was announced, that's hundreds of thousands of dollars in free money.

I always throw them a bone and pre-order games if I'm going to buy something, and I was gonna pre-order KZ2 from them since they're pretty good at not selling my pre-ordered copies of games, but still, the demo better be put on the PlayStation Network. It'd be dumb not to.

DMeisterJ said:
I always throw them a bone and pre-order games if I'm going to buy something, and I was gonna pre-order KZ2 from them since they're pretty good at not selling my pre-ordered copies of games, but still, the demo better be put on the PlayStation Network. It'd be dumb not to.

Sony should put this game in Kiosks around the freaking world. Even a demo for the PSN isn't enough. If they want the game to push consoles, people who don't own PS3's need to see this too.

Wollan

Too violent to be put on public kiosks.
LittleBigPlanet needs to be displayed but I believe the kiosks are updated horribly late.

I put $10 for this game at Gamestop. The guy asked me for what system am I putting this on for [Mind you i probably confused him when I was preordering other ps3/360 games] :lol

DMPrince said:
I put $10 for this game at Gamestop. The guy asked me for what system am I putting this on for [Mind you i probably confused him when I was preordering other ps3/360 games] :lol

but GameInformer said multi-plat!! KZ2 on Etch-a-Sketch in Fall 09 with exlusive DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom