• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.
11r4uh4.jpg

Oh shit, bitch!

Rikyfree

I love going on gametraiilers.com and reading all the comments of the haters of the game. Hell there is a thread talking about what will be the next "Haze", and a whole lot of them are saying KZ2. I just can't help but to laugh at it.

Nizz

dork said:
I plan on taking a stack full of demo codes from work
You go!!

DMPrince said:
I put $10 for this game at Gamestop. The guy asked me for what system am I putting this on for [Mind you i probably confused him when I was preordering other ps3/360 games]:lol
My god, wtf at Gamestop employees sometimes? I remember when I was pre-ordering Far Cry 2 for PS3, she had to ask "is this coming to PS3 too?" Then when I went to pick up the game, they were handing me the 360 copy of the game. I guess they assume it's always 360. They really do seem clueless to PS3 sometimes. For that.......

FAIL...

243437001230606528.gif

SSM25

Fizzle said:

The official Playstation Magazine, ironically.

EDIT: I have been watching a lot of the gamersyde MP videos on Youtube, I see a lot of PSN names like reburro, golpes, el eric and so. Is there a lot of latin gamers on gaf?

YoungHav

Banned
This is dumb, they should move the release date up. Demo being given away with preorders nearly 3wks before the game drops, reviews 3wks before the game drops, media blow out 2 months prior wtf.

iceatcs

I'm making Dreamscene one of the trailer clip where the chief overview the battle. Almost done but still need more polisher to make it loop smooth.

Also plan to make other one when red nuke at the end (hard one cos dust falling).

SSM25

YoungHav said:
This is dumb, they should move the release date up. Demo being given away with preorders nearly 3wks before the game drops, reviews 3wks before the game drops, media blow out 2 months prior wtf.

I remember a couple of games that released earlier than the official date, was it uncharted?, or ratchet and clank?.

zeloe326

Do anyone notice that not that many game media sources are claiming this as their most anticipated game for 2009? After listening to 1up last week with Jeff G and Ryan from Giant Bomb, and this week 1up fm, and Giant bombs bombcast. No one seems to be looking foward to Killzone 2, when asked what game they are looking foward to in 2009. Same goes for IGN's podcast beyond, and Gametrailers Bonus Round. Seems as no one in the media wants to say Killzone 2 is their most anticipated. As if the Hype is so high, that claiming it most anticipated would be some sort of bad wagon jumping. Instead they name games that either aren't even announced yet, are games that haven't even been given a release date yet. Seems a little weird.

I want to pre-order Killzone 2 from amazon but I was wondering does amazon charge your credit card right away for a pre-order or do they wait until the game ships?

SSM25

zeloe326 said:
Do anyone notice that not that many game media sources are claiming this as their most anticipated game for 2009? After listening to 1up last week with Jeff G and Ryan from Giant Bomb, and this week 1up fm, and Giant bombs bombcast. No one seems to be looking foward to Killzone 2, when asked what game they are looking foward to in 2009. Same goes for IGN's podcast beyond, and Gametrailers Bonus Round. Seems as no one in the media wants to say Killzone 2 is their most anticipated. As if the Hype is so high, that claiming it most anticipated would be some sort of bad wagon jumping. Instead they name games that either aren't even announced yet, are games that haven't even been given a release date yet. Seems a little weird.

good observation, but I don't care for them.

SSM25

AmericanNinja said:
I want to pre-order Killzone 2 from amazon but I was wondering does amazon charge your credit card right away for a pre-order or do they wait until the game ships?

they charge your card when the game ships.

Snowden

Banned
AmericanNinja said:
Charges when ships, if I recall correctly.

edit: well there you go

zeloe326

SSM25 said:
good observation, but I don't care for them.

I don't care for them either. I was in the beta, and that pretty much sealed the deal for me. This game could get less than stellar reviews and I will still buy it. I was just wondering if anyone else noticed.

lupinko

SSM25 said:
I remember a couple of games that released earlier than the official date, was it uncharted?, or ratchet and clank?.

Those were street dates broken by retailers, but only by a week ahead.

I remember, because my Futureshop broke the street date for Uncharted by one week before launch, man that was one amazing weekend of gaming bliss. :D :D :D

YoungHav

Banned
zeloe326 said:
I don't care for them either. I was in the beta, and that pretty much sealed the deal for me. This game could get less than stellar reviews and I will still buy it. I was just wondering if anyone else noticed.
It's cuz instead of being impartial, these "professionals" are fanboys in their own right at times.

SSM25

zeloe326 said:

I noticed, but I also noticed that the media for some reason HATE Killzone. Maybe it's because the first one was bad, maybe because they are going to eat their words because the GFX actually hold up against the E05 trailer, maybe because is a sony exclusive. For once I'm going to ignore Reviews, good or bad.

SSM25 said:
I noticed, but I also noticed that the media for some reason HATE Killzone. Maybe it's because the first one was bad, maybe because they are going to eat their words because the GFX actually hold up against the E05 trailer, maybe because is a sony exclusive. For once I'm going to ignore Reviews, good or bad.

Er, nothing much has changed in the media's perception of KZ2 since 2005. There is a still a reluctance to admit that the game has not only matched but surpassed the original CG trailer and more pathologically, an unwillingness to say they were wrong about Sony and Guerrilla.

lupinko

Manberg900 said:
Who really gives a fuck about what the fucking media thinks about a video game? Fuck them. They get paid to play and talk about games.

While they are dumb, the casuals and general populous that play games frequently do take what they say on things, sadly.

Anyone who is going to legitimately pay attention to what the media has to say about this game at this point probably never had an intention of buying the game in the first place.

KZObsessed

zeloe326 said:

It's just because the first one was so hyped up and didn't deliver, people don't want to get hyped about this one. Even though it's the best looking game on a console, which normally would be enough, or the fact that it's a lot of fun, it just has this air of negativity around it I agree. People being overly critical and nit picking when other games get a free pass when it comes to the same issues. Is it fair on Guerrilla? Not really when it's all Sony's fault :lol But come February, Guerrilla will deliver and the quality can speak for itself.

The only reason I care about what the media think is because I want Guerrilla to get the respect that they're due with this game. For me personally, I couldn't care less about scores. I've put ~125 hours into that Beta, more than every other online shooter combined this gen. It is the BEST FUCKING online shooter ever. I'm gonna be playing it for years. It's day 1 no matter what.

I also want to give Guerrilla props for keeping the controls the way they wanted them, and ignoring those monkeys who said "Just make it like CoD4 so it's easier for me!" KZ2 controls are what make it fresh and unique, and make it feel better than other shooters. No game has come as close to KZ2 in making you feel as if you're actually a guy with a gun.

The single player is the only question mark, the presentation is unbelievable, it's just looks like the complete package in that regard, and the core gameplay looks so fun. The hit response and enemy animations are beyond every other shooter on console or PC. I just don't know if I'm going to finish the game feeling satisfied... my expectations are so high, but we'll see come February!

I will say tho that IGN have been VERY positive on it. Jeff Haynes, Greg Miller, Sam Bishop have all raved about it.

Nizz

SSM25 said:

EDIT: I have been watching a lot of the gamersyde MP videos on Youtube, I see a lot of PSN names like reburro, golpes, el eric and so. Is there a lot of latin gamers on gaf?
I'm latin... And as far as this game, the beta also sealed the deal for me. It's as good as bought...

FFObsessed said:
It's just because the first one was so hyped up and didn't deliver, people don't want to get hyped about this one. Even though it's the best looking game on a console, which normally would be enough, or the fact that it's a lot of fun, it just has this air of negativity around it I agree. People being overly critical and nit picking when other games get a free pass when it comes to the same issues. Is it fair on Guerrilla? Not really when it's all Sony's fault :lol But come February, Guerrilla will deliver and the quality can speak for itself.

The only reason I care about what the media think is because I want Guerrilla to get the respect that they're due with this game. For me personally, I couldn't care less about scores. I've put ~125 hours into that Beta, more than every other online shooter combined this gen. It is the BEST FUCKING online shooter ever. I'm gonna be playing it for years. It's day 1 no matter what.

I also want to give Guerrilla props for keeping the controls the way they wanted them, and ignoring those monkeys who said "Just make it like CoD4 so it's easier for me!" KZ2 controls are what make it fresh and unique, and make it feel better than other shooters. No game has come as close to KZ2 in making you feel as if you're actually a guy with a gun.

The single player is the only question mark, the presentation is unbelievable, it's just looks like the complete package in that regard, and the core gameplay looks so fun. The hit response and enemy animations are beyond every other shooter on console or PC. I just don't know if I'm going to finish the game feeling satisfied... my expectations are so high, but we'll see come February!

I will say tho that IGN have been VERY positive on it. Jeff Haynes, Greg Miller, Sam Bishop have all raved about it.

Also flashback to E3'07. KZ2 was going to be "the final nail in the PS3's coffin" if it didn't deliver. The big climax to all the uindelivered promises at that point. The press did see some footage at GDC but they hinged on that calling that the game couldn't live up to the first teaser....The problem was, GG did. KZ2 managed to stuff crow in the mouths of so many hinging on the first screenshot and the anti-hype of the PS3'ws downfall. I think a lot of people (journalists too) are still a bit upset and being wrong about the game, so they go in sedating their eyes to presentation, writing off as given to "it looks good" and proceed to try to dig as far as possible to find points of contention. Are there some very valid points raised, of course; but are most of them the same complaints the other series build their frame on (looks a COD series).

zeloe326

FFObsessed said:

My only problem is that these knuckle head reviewers are part responsible for how games sell, wether we want to admit it or not. And its sad when you have guys like Jeff Gert (whatever his last name is) from Giant Bomb already claiming that the PS3 is dead by June 2009, if they don't have anything good in the Pipeline. These are guys that have serious followings, and Its just fucked up that many people might not be able to experiance a great game because you got reviewers from many game media outlets already ignoring most if not all of PS3's software lineup. Maybe, I'm just paranoid.

Rikyfree said:
I love going on gametraiilers.com and reading all the comments of the haters of the game. Hell there is a thread talking about what will be the next "Haze", and a whole lot of them are saying KZ2. I just can't help but to laugh at it.
Me too.

I use to go on there and man it's :lol
Feel sorry for Haze but to use it for an insult :lol

To much trolling goes on there and none of them gets banned at all.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Ballistictiger said:
Me too.

I use to go on there and man it's :lol
Feel sorry for Haze but to use it for an insult :lol

Sucks for Haze, but if it looked like the screens it would have been fine. The smeared mud blurry mess it turned out to be was such a far cry from the screens that it was almost a different game.

Schrade

SSM25 said:

I think those Gamersyde videos were taken by TTP who is Italian. So he probably mostly played on Euro servers. Maybe a lot of Latin people were playing on the Euro servers...

iceatcs

Vista Users,

I have done first one (Helghast Chief) for Dreamscene. Look great and loop extended almost smooth, but it does have fadeout in between with the title on it because it is so short in original.
I will upload soon and make preview small gif what it will look like on the desktop background.

The mushroom cloud is getting there. I'm trying to get loop without fadeout.

Nizz

SSM25 said:
I'm latin too, that's why I was asking this.
Are you here in the US? I'm in Florida...

Rikyfree said:
I like going to Gametrailers to look at gameplay/trailers for games, but I can't bear to go to that forum. No offense if there are older people posting there, but it seems like the average age of posters over there must be about twelve. Reading some of those posts hurts my brain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom