• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexor0717

I s'pose I have been a member of the R2 Defense Force for too long. I never played KZ2 so I don't have much to say about it, but damn I want it so bad.

Kuroyume said:
From the beta I think it's a really good shooter, but it's not the top shooter. I'm eager to play it more.

Shooters are more diversified then ever, sure many elements are similar but each one plays a different way. I do not think there can be a top shooter anymore. If you mean the top played shooter thats different but in terms of gameplay there is no top shooter.

At least that is my view. Play any shooter for a few weeks then change to another, you cannot play it the same way. Perhaps you can with games in a series like COD, but even then many games change quite a bit between entries R1 is nothing like R2. KZ1 seems radically different from KZ2 also.

The Chef

Azzwanker said:
Found this on the i-net looks great :) I think Bill Gates is walking in the line of fire :lol
mbtsbd.gif

Niiiiiiiccceee!!!!!

One thing I absolutely loved about GoW1&2 is how incredibly satisfying it was to get headshots. The sound it makes and their bodies standing for a moment before toppling over it just so rewarding. :lol

I LOVE that Killzone 2 has that same feel.

Thrakier

Just played the first two levels of Killzone. The framerate is horrible and makes the game almost unplayable. Shame on Guerilla for releasing such a poor performing game.

However, despite that I think it's great for a PS2 Ego-Shooter. Iron-Sights, running, squads, all that stuff which is standard today - KZ had it. Were they the first?

bdouble

FFObsessed said:

:eek: quite possibly the coolest headshot I have ever seen and it wasn't even the player doing it. Do want. Fam is picking up a HD set in the next few days and I might spoil myself and play KZ2 on it as my very first PS3 game. Now just have to find that BC console.

FFObsessed said:
Azzwanker said:
FFObsessed said:

My favorites. :D

Thrakier said:
Just played the first two levels of Killzone. The framerate is horrible and makes the game almost unplayable. Shame on Guerilla for releasing such a poor performing game.

However, despite that I think it's great for a PS2 Ego-Shooter. Iron-Sights, running, squads, all that stuff which is standard today - KZ had it. Were they the first?

My eyes must suck, I don't see the framerate issues in Killzone 1. Maybe at a few spots (the beginning is one I think) but most of the game looks like it runs fine to me, the SP at least.

Do you means dips or just overall constant like it is running under 20fps?

Enojado

Wollan said:
There was only a closed public beta (30k invited I believe). Nothing remains now but the actual game launch.

My impression from beta: Best playing multiplayer shooter so far this gen. The feel is absolutely spot on.

I was in the Beta and was blown away by the experience. It was already so polished. The feel of the guns, the movement, the sound and the strategy of combining certain classes and abilities.

Clinton514

Thrakier said:
Constanty around 20 to 25 I guess. It's horrible and the whole aiming is broken because of that.
Come on, the frame issues do not break the game to the point where can't aim. The aiming is a whole different issue all together. It's very manual. Turn the sensitivity down really low to get a good feel for it.

Nizz

Enojado said:
I was in the Beta and was blown away by the experience. It was already so polished. The feel of the guns, the movement, the sound and the strategy of combining certain classes and abilities.
That's a great addition to MP, imo. I want to go crazy mixing and matching different badges. The biggest downer I had was that I had unlocked the tagging ability for the Sniper just as the beta ended. :(

Nizz

Clinton514 said:
Come on, the frame issues do not break the game to the point where can't aim. The aiming is a whole different issue all together. It's very manual. Turn the sensitivity down really low to get a good feel for it.
Have you tried turning the aim assist on for K1? When I played it, it felt a little loose to me at the default sensitivity. But when I turned aim assist on, it felt tighter.

Alias03

Clinton514 said:

I see what your saying Clinton. Some people make the framerate in KZ1 seem like it runs at 12 fps. I recently played though the entire game less than 3 weeks ago and had no problems what so ever aiming. I did turn down the sensitivity because I felt it moved too fast for my taste but once I found the setting I liked I had zero aiming problems.

iceatcs

iceatcs said:
Vista users joy! :/

I finally uploaded 2 DreamScene clips on zip.

First one is the chief:
KillzoneDreamsceneV1.gif

And the another one is the nuke one:
Killzone2Nuke-1.gif

Sorry only 720p because of original source is 720p but it does look really nice on my 24inch desktop background. Some hips but still almost smooth loop.

DOWNLOAD:
Rapidshare (only 10 downloads I think)
Megaupload
In case if anyone missed it some pages while ago. (Esp PAL people might have missed it)

BlacKMaRK

Banned
let me get this right, gamestop.com will be emailing codes out beginning 2/3/09 but the demo codes aren't valid until 2/5/09?

just wanna make sure before i pre-order from an actual gamestop store vs. gamestop.com and have to wait an extra weekend to play. BTW, is there any info on what the demo will actually include?? single player only, online only, mixture of both?

I am thinking of grabbing the gamestop pre order bonus. Only so I can show the demo off to friends who have been on the fence about buying a ps3. It should convert them easily!!

rSpooky

none of the stores around here had the codes.
i will try later this week. I dont trust any of them to pre-order now and hope i get the code.

Kolgar

-xBerserker- said:
Stopped by my local Gamestop, all the Killzone 2 demos are gone :(

My closest Gamestop here in Madison, WI hasn't even received the codes yet. Told me I could bring in my receipt when they do arrive.

Rikyfree

Kolgar said:
My closest Gamestop here in Madison, WI hasn't even received the codes yet. Told me I could bring in my receipt when they do arrive.
Ya, Im gonna go get another code, and before you bash me for it here is why. The code I got for it, when I scratched it off, I must have been too strong or something because I scratched the second set of numbers off (weight lifting bites me in the ass). So I'm going to go to gamestop, show them the card, and get another one. I know, Rikyfree= epic fail.

-viper-

Banned
Wollan said:
I wish we could choose the night time version of Radec academey seen above (mp version is bright). Very moody.
Probably a stupid idea but I'll say it anyway; could GG patch in day/night versions for all maps?

AndyD

aka andydumi
-viper- said:
Probably a stupid idea but I'll say it anyway; could GG patch in day/night versions for all maps?

Why stupid idea?

I dont know how their engine is, but some games have pre-baked shadows/textures for night time or daytime. In other words, its not a real time lighting situation and simply turning the sun on/off is not the way to get night time.

So if they have an engine that supports it, I don't see why they would not have day/night/dawn/dusk versions of maps.

Another thing that games rarely do is flip maps left/right. This would be a good way to keep something slightly fresh, much like car games have mirror tracks.

NUZ TIME!!!!!

OPM Review score 5/5

Details from ZBOX of Xbox forums
http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=607190
Killzone 2 - 5/5

"The buddies alongside you in each battle have been expertly tuned to provide just enough cover and support to actively get your back on occasions, while never making it feel like they could acchieve every objective alone."

"...the believability and consistency are hallmarks of the Killzone 2 expereince. None of the circumstances, weapons you find, locations you visit, or frankly any of the details in the world feel arbitrary. The world is consistently realized in its unappealing flavor."

"...filled with moments that can handily be described as inspiring awe"

- bots in offline multiplayer "perform pretty well"

"Without a doubt Killzone fans, action, and shooter fans of any stripe will isntantly tag this sequel as a powerful contender for teh best game of 2009"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom