• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.
spu9mc.gif

wow

Yagharek

Just with regards to this pic posted earlier:

nci8tx.gif

Why dont they add more weight to the dead bodies? It looks a bit odd how the leg of the dead guy moves when bumped, in contrast to the great animation of the living characters.

iceatcs

RandomVince said:

Why dont they add more weight to the dead bodies? It looks a bit odd how the leg of the dead guy moves when bumped, in contrast to the great animation of the living characters.

According to my biomechanics instructor the leg weighs approximately W/7. Where W is the total body weight.

Therefore about 16 - 18 stones for this dead man.

18/7 is ~2.57 stones (16kg)

I think you can kick it like this swing dead leg. Or you could try it at home.

Schrade

Zophar said:
2nbrmol.gif

I think we have a new bailout.gif :lol
I created that GIF ages ago in the thread and mentioned it would be great for use in other threads. That "Oh shit" is awesome hehe.

Nice to see that the allgames link has it on the first page :)

Yagharek

iceatcs said:
According to my biomechanics instructor the leg weighs approximately W/7. Where W is the total body weight.

Therefore about 16 - 18 stones for this dead man.

18/7 is ~2.57 stones (16kg)

I think you can kick it like this swing dead leg. Or you could try it at home.

Your estimate seems reasonable, I would have guessed between ~15 and 20kg for an average male leg as that character seems to be. Of course, we also have to assume that Helghan gravity would be close to Earth gravity for any estimates based on living room leg kicking exercises to be considered relevant :D

I know it's nitpicking and I'm not hanging any real importance on it if its not accurate, but it was just an observation/point of interest. Ive certainly seen worse ragdoll physics in other games, so it would be interesting to see if this is accurate or not. To me it just seems *a little* off.

lupinko

I know it's an old build, but watching the preview build videos from gamersyde on my hdtv, is like so Keanu Reeves woah.

And this is just a low bitrate video too, and it already looks like a generation ahead of what other companies are doing.

:bow :bow :bow GG

The Dutch are too good, once again, this, Black Book and Miffy = dutch domination. :D

CoG

RandomVince said:

nci8tx.gif

Doug said:
Hi. Question for Ms. Bellamy. In episode 2F09, when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib twice in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is some sort of a... (sniggering) magic xylophone or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Seriously though, you're looking too close at things.

Snowden

Banned
RandomVince said:
It looks better than in some games (Gears of War really stands out with the way these manly sacks of meat turn into plastic bags once they die), but it could certainly look better, and add another layer of welcome graphical consistency in the game world.

CoG said:
Seriously though, you're looking too close at things.
You can't have your cake and eat it too, lads.

McLovin

Blu_LED said:
Plus they're not that long either? If I play them both on Normal it shouldn't take me more then 3 weeks or so. Probably even less.
Would have been awesome if they released it on PSN with the frame-rate issues tweaked out of it. But now I've got to go find a used copy somewhere :(

Truespeed

RandomVince said:

nci8tx.gif

The motion of the dead man's leg seems natural to me when you take into account the speed the back of his leg is traveling at.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Truespeed said:
The motion of the dead man's leg seems natural to me when you take into account the speed the back of his leg is traveling at.
Not to mention people like having bodies move when you interact with them.

elohel

TTP said:

probably a dumb question but....are you allowed to say when you have the final review copy?

how does that stuff work, are you allowed to say "i have a review copy" but you aren't allowed to talk about it or wut?

just curious

Fizzle

elohel said:
probably a dumb question but....are you allowed to say when you have the final review copy?

how does that stuff work, are you allowed to say "i have a review copy" but you aren't allowed to talk about it or wut?

just curious

Go back further from that quote and you'll be surprised :lol

Truespeed

elohel said:

just curious

You need to contact a GAF elder. He'll guide you from there.

Snowden

Banned
Hazaro said:
Not to mention people like having bodies move when you interact with them.
There's a difference between moving and flailing. Dead bodies don't normally flail. Luckily, it looks like Killzone 2 fares much better than other games, but I think a little more 'weight' to the dead bodies would look better.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Private Hoffman said:
damn thats strange, since a lot of people in europe got it.

are you expecting it soon? how is sony distributing it

I have no idea. AFAIK no one got it yet in the country I live/work in. Not even the local official mag.

In all honesty I hope to get the very latest build even if that means getting it in February. I hate reviewing unfinished games.

Clinton514

sykoex said:
Not sure if this is old but I found this in-depth interview with Killzone 2's soundtrack composers. There are pictures included of the music being recorded at Abbey Road Studios.

http://www.music4games.net/Features_Display.aspx?id=324

Apparently the score is 90 minutes long and Sony Music may be a publishing a Killzone 2 soundtrack album,
Yeah I posted it earlier. One of the Guerrilla dudes mentioned the game clocking in at around 11 hours.

TTP said:
I have no idea. AFAIK no one got it yet in the country I live/work in. Not even the local official mag.

In all honesty I hope to get the very latest build even if that means getting it in February. I hate reviewing unfinished games.

Who do you review for if ya dont mind me askin?

roMonster

Does anyone know if the leaked ERSB spoilers are real?

I heard about them but didn't do any research because I don't want to get spoiled.

If they are real--that's almost two months of stepping on eggshells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom