• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomGyver

TTP said:
My god. Preview code looks almost like pre-alpha compared to final.

Every minor issue I had with the game has been addressed with chirurgical precision.

Almost feels like a GG dev was hidden behind the sofa taking notes at every "mmh" of mine during my preview code run.

And there are quite a few differences in how things unfold so it feels fresh despite having played this early stages to death.

Let the hype engulf you.

Hey TTP, is the option to toggle zoom in that build? How does it feel?

TTP said:

Every minor issue I had with the game has been addressed with chirurgical precision.

Almost feels like a GG dev was hidden behind the sofa taking notes at every "mmh" of mine during my preview code run.

And there are quite a few differences in how things unfold so it feels fresh despite having played this early stages to death.

Let the hype engulf you.

how long have ypu been playing?

dammit... i wish i could do a time warp

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Holyshit I had no idea so many people here were ex-Yugo. Now we just need Fafalada to sign in stat :-D

Full Recovery said:
Hey TTP, is the option to toggle zoom in that build? How does it feel?
That was one of his complaints, and I'm 99% sure it was confirmed to be addressed by someone the other day.

FirewalkR

I said I wouldn't come back to this thread till launch but I've peeked from time to time like yesterday with the rumours of early European launch (is it confirmed?) and now I just had to quote this again because it deserves to be:

Dot50Cal said:
Bro, I totally agree with you. I have the same exact problem. I made some gif's to illustrate my issues with the Dual Shock 3 vs the 360 during actual gameplay.

PS3
ps3.gif

360.gif

Kudos and CitizenKane.gifs to you, sir!!! :lol

Also, this means that I'm weak and can't get away from this thread while BruceLeeRoy seems to have gotten stronger because I'm not seeing posts from him.

Lastly:

TTP said:

Let the hype engulf you.

You lucky BASTARD!!!!!!!

PS: On a more serious note, since some people with big hands seem to have some trouble with Sony controllers, it seems likely that some people with small hands could have trouble with MS's (like with the original Xbox iirc), wouldn't it be in their best interest to make 2 versions of the controllers? Again, iirc, after the remodelled Xbox controller came out the old ones disappeared, right? Perhaps they could have both in the market at the same time. I have no problem with either controller, luckily.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Shadow780 said:
NDVD_003.jpg

Wow this is the first time I've seen ppl holding the controller like that, DS or 360.

Sorry back to topic

Me too. It seems to awkward. And I have far better control on both 360 and Ds3 by using the tips of my thumbs (the thumbprint) on the grip, not the first joint...

You guys hold the controller weird.

Az

Lord Error said:
Holyshit I had no idea so many people here were ex-Yugo. Now we just need Fafalada to sign in stat :-D

That was one of his complaints, and I'm 99% sure it was confirmed to be addressed by someone the other day.

Killzone ex-yugo clan. Make it happen. :lol

WTFing

Banned
happy.jpg

Let the guys who have KILLZONE2 review code talk/share about it. Nobody cares about your hands size, nobody. Why do you trolls don't understand? Why?

A.R.K

Dot50Cal said:
Bro, I totally agree with you. I have the same exact problem. I made some gif's to illustrate my issues with the Dual Shock 3 vs the 360 during actual gameplay.

PS3
ps3.gif

360.gif

:lol :lol :lol .. you made it so clear for all of us which controller is superior !! :D :lol
best gif of the year so far, bravo Dot50Cal :D

To all who posted pics of their hands claiming they are BIG..they are not big..they look a bit bigger than avg. hand size but not huge like some of my very tall friends have. And they don't seem to have any problem playing with a DS3.

andycapps

TTP said:

Let the hype engulf you.

Just went from a maybe pre-order (definitely picking up the game day one) to definitely pre-ordering. I don't care if I hate the concept of pre-orders and giving Gamestop my money, they can haz it!!!!1111

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
AndyD said:
Me too. It seems to awkward. And I have far better control on both 360 and Ds3 by using the tips of my thumbs (the thumbprint) on the grip, not the first joint...

You guys hold the controller weird.

Well in Dot50Cal's pics, he uses his thumb tips on the 360 controller, but his... knucklepits on the DS3.. I CALL SHENANEGINS

Hilarious gif tho.

tiddles

TTP said:

Dude, you really need to clean behind that sofa.

A.R.K

TTP said:

Let the hype engulf you.

OMG ... ITS TRUEEEEEEEE!!!!! HYPE +1/0 :D :D :D

TTP give us more .. mooooorrrreeee (of course w/o breaking NDAs)

andycapps

gamerecks said:
I have giant hands and never had a problem with the Dualshock, and I have never held it as goofy as in that gif.

Me either, I have hands larger than all the pictures/gifs I've seen posted thus far. Think it comes down to how you hold it and how long you've been using it. I've been using a Playstation controller since the PS1 so I'm used to it. The 360 one bothers me because I'm not used to it, doesn't mean I couldn't get used to it.

____

McBacon said:
Well in Dot50Cal's pics, he uses his thumb tips on the 360 controller, but his... knucklepits on the DS3.. I CALL SHENANEGINS

Hilarious gif tho.

Read a few pages back to see why he did that :lol

tiddles

Obviously it depends how you personally hold them, but the main difference is that the grips of the PS pad are designed to be supported by the fleshy pads you have where your fingers join the palm, whereas the grips on a 360 pad actually nestle into the palm itself.

If you hold the PS controller like this you should have relatively little difficulty positioning your thumbs directly on the sticks, even if you have quite big hands, but if you have the grips of the PS controller nestling in the middles of your palms then you will have problems with the sticks.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Creamy said:
Why the hell every line on the gamesplot live blogging is a stupid thing like : 'This suxxs, im so awesome to be here, SONY suxx, everyone suxxs'
And i mean every single line is this guys whinning and bitching about how all sucks.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
CitizenCope said:
Tell me you are joking.
He has to be joking. he wrote U instead of You ,no one does that. He is joking.

ps3.gif

Kuroyume said:
That's exactly my fucking problem with the DS3 and I have small hands! Wtf? Why are they so against releasing a suitable controller for FPS that's not a mouse?

seriously, you guys are complaining about the Sonys controller? Its no doubt the best controller imo. Its funny how you use the ps controller as a wheel in the gif and the 360 controller as a controller, come on man.

Azzwanker

Banned
dreamer3kx said:
ps3.gif

seriously, you guys are complaining about the Sonys controller? Its no doubt the best controller imo. Its funny how you use the ps controller as a wheel in the gif and the 360 controller as a controller, come on man.

You are my friend..... love you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom