• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
spwolf said:
where is this Yugoslavia? Answer quick, or you will not be allowed to vacation here anymore :D
Hehehe, ok i did post all italian food.
I dont know anything about Yugoslavian food :s
Ok, silly question, Yugoslavia and Croatia are the same territory? v_v Sorry for the ignorance

Burekma

You could use wikipedia, but just so you know, Yugoslavia doesn't exist anymore.

Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia and Kosovo were all part of one Yugoslavian nation. Not anymore though. They are separate countries now.

dfyb

Banned
EazyB said:
Those gifs are hilarious, but it does seem like a lot of you just looked at the pics, were intimidated by the written words, and didn't bother to read them. I clearly state that I don't (simply can't) hold the DS3 controller like I do the 360 one (griping the arms and letting my hands wrap around them). I instead have to cradle it a ton, which is passable but it'd be much better if the arms formed to my hands. The way they ergonomically design things like computer mice.
i read the entire post. i was replying not only to the way you want to hold it, but the way in which you try to hold it to compensate. it looks like you have your wrists at an extreme angle, while i have shown a way to comfortably hold the controller without any sort of sacrifice.

BeeDog

Burekma said:
You could use wikipedia, but just so you know, Yugoslavia doesn't exist anymore.

Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia and Kosovo were all part of one Yugoslavian nation. Not anymore though. They are separate countries now.

Mmmmm, burek... (the yugo's here should know what I'm talking about)

DeadGzuz

Banned
EazyB said:
As you can see my thumbs don't need to do a damn thing to align perfectly with the analog stick :p

Um yes they do, the controller is not symmetric, you need to have your thumbs at different angles, which is clear in your own pic.

As to the other post and pics holding the DS3, you are clearly holding the controller wrong, you must know this. The DS does not rest in your palms, it rest on your fingers. Once you master this trivial brain twister then thumb positions fit as they should, with the tips on the sticks, not the middle of the thumb.

So either your are being disingenuous or you really don't know how to use the controller. It may be you just spend too much time with the 360 controller in with Halo 3 (see your post history) or your 360 love makes you troll a KZ2 thread.

BTW I go back and forth between controllers fine and I have hands that belong to a 6'4" man. There is nothing wrong with the size of either controller, in fact the 360 one has worse ergonomics, as you palm the controller it makes you rotate your wrist unnaturally (unless you game with your elbows at your side). But I won't go into this, I don't have time to make cool pics blurry pics.

tiddles

Rikyfree said:
I could have sworn that they said crouch is on toggle as well. In fact I am damn sure they have, is that in the review code?

There is a crouch toggle option in multiplayer, but not in singleplayer (because of the way the cover system works).

EazyB

Banned
dfyb said:
i read the entire post. i was replying not only to the way you want to hold it, but the way in which you try to hold it to compensate. it looks like you have your wrists at an extreme angle, while i have shown a way to comfortably hold the controller without any sort of sacrifice.
Yeah, like I said, that pic was exaggerated in that my palms/wrist are turned more inward. And I'd just like to say I appreciate you being civil about this.
DeadGzuz said:
BTW I go back and forth between controllers fine and I have hands that belong to a 6'4" man. There is nothing wrong with the size of either controller, in fact the 360 one has worse ergonomics, as you palm the controller it makes you rotate your wrist unnaturally (unless you game with your elbows at your side).
I generally let the controller rest on my lap while my elbows fall to my sides. Not sure how you're holding it but I can't see how it'd break your wrists if you have decently sized hands.
DeadGzuz said:
So either your are being disingenuous or you really don't know how to use the controller. It may be you just spend too much time with the 360 controller in with Halo 3 (see your post history) or your 360 love makes you troll a KZ2 thread.
How am I trolling KZ2? Like I said it's my most anticipated shooter this year, is that not enough?

I'll let it die here, keep my mouth shut and eyes peeled for a decent 3rd party controller. I feel like once the game's released I'm going to have to kick some of your guys' asses to show you that while I still think the DS3 is uncomfortable, I can get by well enough to headshot :D

skulpt

Dot50Cal said:
Bro, I totally agree with you. I have the same exact problem. I made some gif's to illustrate my issues with the Dual Shock 3 vs the 360 during actual gameplay.

PS3
ps3.gif

Good lord! I'd hate to see some of you use a cell phone newer than 2003. I have a solution for you people:

dynatac.jpg

Seriously guys. I'm 6'3 and can palm a basketball, and my hands rarely do that. I do like the size and feel of the 360 controller better, but it's nothing like that. Do you guys have Scottie Pippen hands or something? How the heck do you manage with an iPod or Cell? LOL It's like you're trying to grab the front of the controller with that GIF. Keep your hands pulled back and it's fine. LOL

DeZimatoR

Banned
Rikyfree said:
I could have sworn that they said crouch is on toggle as well. In fact I am damn sure they have, is that in the review code?

I'm pretty sure the same button is used for crouching and to get into the cover system. So you could tap L2 to crouch and hold it near cover to latch onto said cover. I could be wrong though...

P.S. I agree with Dubbedinenglish, we need a Quore subscribe to share the Killzone love :D

Edit: Guerrilla Games Says Killzone 2 SP Campaign Will Be 10 Hours Long

Dot50Cal said:
Bro, I totally agree with you. I have the same exact problem. I made some gif's to illustrate my issues with the Dual Shock 3 vs the 360 during actual gameplay.

PS3
ps3.gif

360.gif
:lol If someone actually holds it like that I feel bad for them.

Paracelsus

SolidSnakex said:
Killzone 2 Qore footage is o_O

Wait to see the real deal. The only thing that comes closer to that is the IGN Insider video.

I won't tell who let me see it and try it, dunno if it's under NDA or shit like that. I just wanna say:

zvpeo2.gif

iceatcs

ttp://www.gamesradar.com/f/stabbing-through-killzone-2/a-2009010813215751020
Oh no, Gamesradar going to rip it out badly.

I did that Gears of War with my chainsaw all the time.

EDIT: I think it is fake, because it might be trail and error. Cut into video only success part.

DeadGzuz

Banned
EazyB said:
I generally let the controller rest on my lap while my elbows fall to my sides. Not sure how you're holding it but I can't see how it'd break your wrists if you have decently sized hands.

I play on a recliner and my arms are at an angle around 45 degrees while the wrist are probably around 80 degrees, this sometime makes my hands numb (hurt circulation). The wrists using a DS3 can be at any angle you like (parallel with the arms for best circulation) because it just sits on your fingers.

dfyb

Banned
iceatcs said:

EDIT: I think it is fake, because it might be trail and error. Cut into video only success part.
i have a feeling this breaks their NDA

BeeDog said:
What is shown?

Some snippets of the intro that people have been praising, and a combination of locations we saw in December single player blowout. It just makes a huge difference when you're watching it on your TV in proper HD.

~Kinggi~

Banned
iceatcs said:

eek, that video is what killed the first killzone, minus all the tech hiccups.

Ploid 3.0

I use the sixaxis where my thumb tips are on the analogs. Even if there was way too much space for them I wouldn't use the middle section of my thumbs like that. The tips are used for the 360 controller in the gif.

If the gifs are used as a joke my bad.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
It’s hard to be sure at this point, especially considering that the “tactic” is an excellent way to get killed while fighting the tougher, smarter enemies later in the game. Whatever the case, it’s just brutally gratifying enough that we’ve decided we don’t really have a problem with it.
Also "Lets goooooo" :lol

Ploid 3.0 said:
I use the sixaxis where my thumb tips are on the analogs. Even if there was way too much space for them I wouldn't use the middle section of my thumbs like that. The tips are used for the 360 controller in the gif.

If the gifs are used as a joke my bad.
I think it is and yeah I think that's the correct way to use it.

I do the same.

lupinko

iceatcs said:

They didn't even need that, they are already going to shit on it just because it's too "gamey". :lol

~Kinggi~

Banned
KernelPanic said:
Gamesradar is really trying hard aren't they ? :lol
If that knife thing isnt some type of glitch in the game i'd say that is pretty bad.

I mean it took one slice to kill them and they freaken just stood there and took it. If GG were smart they would add some attack for them for CC combat which would knock you back quickly upon approaching them.

I hope they fix this before they release.

iceatcs said:

Um. I see him getting shot at, just not KILLED...

What's the problem with this? He's playing it on an easy setting.

Let's see if he can try and do that on the harder difficulty settings.

What a dumb article.

~Kinggi~ said:
If that knife thing isnt some type of glitch in the game i'd say that is pretty bad.

I mean it took one slice to kill them and they freaken just stood there and took it. If GG were smart they would add some attack for them for CC combat which would knock you back quickly upon approaching them.

Uh, I've seen the Helghast attack plenty of times using CC combat.

~Kinggi~ said:

Unless you plan on playing on Normal so you can be a bullet sponge, then it shouldn't be an issue.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm not worried about it, you can do the same thing in Halo 3 on Normal and even Heroic if you know what you are doing.

They said later it stops working, but god forbid some people read that far.

Hazaro said:
They said later it stops working, but god forbid some people read that far.

I read that part.

It sounds almost intentional, if enemies later on are smart enough to kill you for melee rushes.

Although it'd be neat if the AI learns your playstyle and adapts.

Maybe on the harder difficulties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom