• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man the story in KZ2 is so much better than many of the shooters this gen. After watching the 40 min video and they talked about avoiding steroid induced characters because it pulls you out of the story. I have to agree with them, developers REALLY need to get off the muscle head tip.

And this talk about beta codes......send me one please =(

Private Hoffman said:
You dont understand just how much work that is.

The DLC will be new maps, and I'm cool with that.

Thats what they'll be and I'll buy them like the Killzone whore I am.
But I'd love a co-op campaign in Killzone 2 as much fun as the one in Resistance 2

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Angelus Errare said:
Man the story in KZ2 is so much better than many of the shooters this gen. After watching the 40 min video and they talked about avoiding steroid induced characters because it pulls you out of the story. I have to agree with them, developers REALLY need to get off the muscle head tip.

And this talk about beta codes......send me one please =(
I'll reserve my judgment until I actually play the game (I know nothing about the story going into the game other than the basics), but that's a big statement in a generation which include the likes of Half Life 2: Episode 2 and Bioshock.

Ever since I made the Kool-aid GIF I've been trying to find a GIF or footage of a drop-zone style amusement ride (goes up, drops down quick) as well as a head on perspective (not POV) of people on a roller coaster so I could incorporate ISA and/or Helghast into it.

I was going to then append "THRILLZOWNED" to it, or something to that affect.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any. If any of you can help me find a clip, I'll do my best to do something epic-ish.

Kuroyume

Banned
sephiroth6 said:
Exactly four years ago, in the 25th issue of game play was the review of Killzone 1. And it had almost the same title, and the review went like this: "Our final verdict:Killzone is one of the finest FPS ever seen on the PS2 and one of top 10 shooters ever. And one of the best games this year".

Crazy talk

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Rez>You said:
I'll reserve my judgment until I actually play the game (I know nothing about the story going into the game other than the basics), but that's a big statement in a generation which include the likes of Half Life 2: Episode 2 and Bioshock.

As a "war" story for an "intense" shooter it's pretty good.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
TTP said:
As a "war" story for an "intense" shooter it's pretty good.
That's what I'm going in to the game expecting. Ain't nothing wrong with that at all. :)

edit
question, as someone who hasn't played the first KZ, will the story be easy enough to follow?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Rez>You said:
That's what I'm going in to the game expecting. Ain't nothing wrong with that at all. :)

edit
question, as someone who hasn't played the first KZ, will the story be easy enough to follow?

Yeah. This is not MGS4 ;)

-PXG- said:
Only had two. Sorry (didn't know if giveaways were still allowed) Hoffman and -CV- PM'd me first. I work at GS, so I should be able to snag some more. I will keep ya'll posted.
Cool stuff, I called my EBgames(Canada here) and they said they didn't know anything about KZ2 codes :S. They never know anything.

Dante said:
Has anybody tried to put the code in lately? You know.....Just to check? :)

The codes are only going to work when KZ2 is available for download. I just got into a closed beta for PS3 game and they aren't sending out any codes until the download is up.

Rez>You said:

I said many not all

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Private Hoffman said:
:D :D :D :D

5/5, 9/10, 10/10, 9.9, 9.7, 9.5, 20/20

Am I missing any? great scores so far

Bare in mind that several european Official PlayStation Magazines are simply localizations of the UK one. Not 100%, but they do share editorials.

fanboi

Banned
EDIT: Hey! I missed two parts! :|

EDIT2: If I import this from NTSC land, will I still be able to play with my PAL friends?

Jtrizzy

This game looks amazing, but just to nitpick...you can't go prone? that's odd. what about a crouch walk? Another thing I find strange is how often you are using iron sights. It seems like all guns would have sights in a futuristic setting.

Grayman

Jtrizzy said:
you can't go prone? that's odd. what about a crouch walk?
You could walk while crouching in the MP beta. In most firefights you would not have the time to prone for more accuracy and get back up.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
kz2review.jpg

Jtrizzy

I'm getting to the point where I need to stop watching videos or it's going to spoil the game. I did it with Uncharted and I wish I hadn't, but I can never resist.

Jtrizzy said:
I'm getting to the point where I need to stop watching videos or it's going to spoil the game. I did it with Uncharted and I wish I hadn't, but I can never resist.

How could you NOT watch Uncharted trailers? They were amazing... I still remember the chills and excitement coursing through me the first time I saw the "massive attack" trailer. Good times. :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Jtrizzy said:
It seems like all guns would have sights in a futuristic setting.

I guess Killzone 2 future is not future enough to have guns loaded with heat seeking bullets. :p

longdi

Banned
nice reviews! this is going to be my first console fps!
how is sony hyping this up? hopefully we see a good marketing blitz to sell a good game.

Daante

That 40 min video documentary with english subs was awesome!! , especially the segment where they show and talk about the technology!

ChryZ

Hazaro said:
Converted, cut, cut again, and re-uploaded the 40 minute interview onto Youtube in FOUR 10 minute segments for your viewing ease and favorites, etc. :D
Not to mention the other site was being hammered.

Killzone 2 40 Minute Interview Part 1 of 4

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-UaRN71XL0
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ummHRrA7D_Y
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFgu7nFaB9Y
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grinVmII0b4
An in-depth view of Guerrilla Games and the path that Killzone 2 has taken.
Good job! Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom