• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
lowrider007 said:
R2 is a dam fine game, and it ended up with a dam fine meta score also (87), I really don't know what peoples problem is with R2 on this board, that game got alot of love from many game review sites, one of my top games from '08. What does my head in is for a game like R2 '87' is an average score and nothing to really shout about, but in a thread like this people will defend a score like that to the death proclaiming it's a 'Great' score, I genuinely think it's great score, but not just for this game, any game.

It's a great game, but I didn't love it. I loved the first one, as did all my friends. We used to play all the time. The 2nd one nobody could really get into.

That being said, there is nothing you can do to justify it being called 3 games in one. If that were the case then you'd be counting SP and competitive as 2 games. That means just about every shooter in the past years is 2 games in 1. Yeah the co-op is different, but it's not different enough to call it a different game.

Quick summation of the review from Gameplayer:

+Eyeball searing graphics
+Intelligent, reactive A.I.
+Innovative FPS cover system
+Solid, addictive multiplayer
-No co-op, 'meh' voice work

Super slick presentation and a rollercoaster ride to boot. Killzone 2 is a must buy title.

Cat in the Hat said:
Tormentoso seemed pretty mad to me, i didn't miss a thing

Actually you did because i say that 88/100 wasn't a bad score at all,and that giving a lower score to game even if the score is not bad at all isn't good.:D

Is the horrible way they use to give that score what make me mad.

andycapps said:
What's funnier is people like you that try to deny most of the press having a preference for the Xbox platform. Listen to some of the podcasts of the ex-EGMers now that they don't have to pretend to be unbiased and you'll find that a lot of them don't even own PS3's and spend all of their time on the 360. Some of them admit that Microsoft did a good job with giving most journalists free 360's, live accounts, and obviously free games. Pretty sure Sony wasn't giving any PS3's away to these people.

Not saying it is some grand conspiracy, but most of these people do enjoy the 360 more because that's where all their fellow journalists/friends are. A good indicator for how often they actually turn on their PS3 (after talking about how they play Horde mode every day in GoW2) is that they mention every time they turn it on they have to download a firmware update.

It has been pointed several times,from comment like "" Resistance suck since all we want to do is play Gear or War"",to do crappy and unfair comparisons like the Halo 3 vs Killzone 2 AI comparison,made with an early demo of Killzone 2 and a finished version of Halo3.

The problem is that many journalist have preference which is ok,since we all have them,but when you are going for a review on a site,you most put those away,other wise the score sill suffer,it could work out in 2 different ways,either a mediocre or regular game getting a score higher,or a great or good game receiving a bad score,things like this should not be tolerated,but since the industry is under the pay who will say sh**,in fact one of the things i complain about was that MS did send a tons of Halo 3 paraphernalia to the media who was doing reviews,is not ethical to do this by any company it ruins the integrity of the Review,after all those reviewers are pay with money and all have 360's,is not like they obligatory need a Halo special edition 360.

Returners

PjotrStroganov said:
No, any dev can build it into the game itself.

Yes I know they can. But for the 360 the devs don't need to do anything...

So... inherent feature of console = 0.1 higher?

Of course I'm rambing... but its not hard to see the preference here.

oneHeero

Cat in the Hat said:

Super slick presentation and a rollercoaster ride to boot. Killzone 2 is a must buy title.

WTF? How the fuck is this not a 9.8? 1 negative only?

What site is gameplayer? Is it legit?

Doc Evils

andycapps said:
What's funnier is people like you that try to deny most of the press having a preference for the Xbox platform. Listen to some of the podcasts of the ex-EGMers now that they don't have to pretend to be unbiased and you'll find that a lot of them don't even own PS3's and spend all of their time on the 360. Some of them admit that Microsoft did a good job with giving most journalists free 360's, live accounts, and obviously free games. Pretty sure Sony wasn't giving any PS3's away to these people.

Not saying it is some grand conspiracy, but most of these people do enjoy the 360 more because that's where all their fellow journalists/friends are. A good indicator for how often they actually turn on their PS3 (after talking about how they play Horde mode every day in GoW2) is that they mention every time they turn it on they have to download a firmware update.

WAT!

"Actually you did because i say that 88/100 wasn't a bad score at all,and that giving a lower score to game even if the score is not bad at all isn't good.:D

Is the horrible way they use to give that score what make me mad."

:lol whatever dude, their words matched what the score was. 8.8 is a great score

Thrakier

@the EGM-"Bias"

I don't want to say that they are biased, I don't judge that, but as private persons they play their 360 obiously a lot more. Like they said XBL is like a social interface for gaming journalists. Some of them said that they have like two or three persons on their PSN-friendslist which seems to be a bit strange in comparison...

However, these were just some US-journalists and they are still able to judge PS3-games for their real quality I guess. But I'm sure that it's is not a disadvantage for MS to make journalists dedicated XBL-users...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
roMonster said:
And this time, you've cleared them with the Sony ninjas, right?. :lol

oh yeah. Blimblim got them approved. So, 3 short videos coming. Tried my best to show as much as I could of the game in so little time space.

Truant said:
8 is a great score.

7 is a good score

6 is above average

5= below average
6= Average
7=Above AVerage
8= Good
9= Excelent
10= So goo you're going to cry from joy

At least that's how I've always seen it. Still .. I don't see why anyone really cares what a random German site is giving the game. Especially with an 8.8

Chinner

Banned
Fenderputty said:
5= below average
6= Average
7=Above AVerage
8= Good
9= Excelent

At least that's how I've always seen it. Still .. I don't see why anyone really cares what a random German site is giving the game.
5 is average bro.

Fenderputty said:
5= below average
6= Average
7=Above AVerage
8= Good
9= Excelent

At least that's how I've always seen it. Still .. I don't see why anyone really cares what a random German site is giving the game.
So whats the poin of 1 2 3 4? Why not just go out of 5 instead of 10?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
In regards to reviewer biased, I actually agree it strongly exists and most of the time it's anti-sony. It almost makes a mockery of the video game industry, in that it's so apparent just about everywhere. Like the famous quotes and what people say... "subtle beauty" give me a break.

That being said I never go ahead and say "lost credibility" unless they truly have been slacking. I love it when a bad review comes out and immediately that source is no longer credible, yet weeks later they'll give a good review to a game and all of a sudden they count again.

Truant

Returners said:
You tell me. IGN AU gave Skate 2 0.1 higher on the X360 just because it has the option of custom soundtrack (its a feature of the OS, not the darn game)

Is this a joke post?

Anyway, the reviews should be coming up soon, so hopefully all gaming sites should be checked clear untill the next Sony exclusive looms on the horizon. I for one, cannot wait.

deepbrown

Fenderputty said:
5= below average
6= Average
7=Above AVerage
8= Good
9= Excelent

I agree....10= So goooo *I splurged*

Negaiido

Fenderputty said:
5= below average
6= Average
7=Above AVerage
8= Good
9= Excelent

WoW you cry from joy? first time I see someone doing that, it makes you kinda gay don't you think?

@ Tormentoso

You do realise that the very tone of your posts will likely encourage those seeking to criticise Killzone 2; you are doing yourself and the game no favours. I suggest you actually play the game and return back with valid opinions.

gantz85

Banned
Thrakier said:
@the EGM-"Bias"

I don't want to say that they are biased, I don't judge that, but as private persons they play their 360 obiously a lot more. Like they said XBL is like a social interface for gaming journalists. Some of them said that they have like two or three persons on their PSN-friendslist which seems to be a bit strange in comparison...

However, these were just some US-journalists and they are still able to judge PS3-games for their real quality I guess. But I'm sure that it's is not a disadvantage for MS to make journalists dedicated XBL-users...

Wait.. how do you know they're still able to judge PS3 games for their real quality? Because they're from the US? Because their scores can be matched up to other review sites, who presumably have been given the same treatment by Microsoft? :lol It's all a mess.

I think at the end of the day, Sony hasn't done enough ass kissing, mooching, hyping and all that shit. Microsoft with cathelmets and shit did a hell lot of good.

Orlics

I find that that the portrayal of game journalists as opportunistic loyalists who commit entirely to one company because of some 'shwag' they received in the mail a bit unfair.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
msdstc said:
In regards to reviewer biased, I actually agree it strongly exists and most of the time it's anti-sony.

How can you say that when, in aggregate, the gaming press unquestionably preferred Sony games more than 360 games?

Sure, there may be jabs at Sony here and there. There are also jabs at MS. But at the end of the day all that matters are the aggregate review scores and awards. The gaming press declared Sony the winner.

Returners

Truant said:
Is this a joke post?

Anyway, the reviews should be coming up soon, so hopefully all gaming sites should be checked clear untill the next Sony exclusive looms on the horizon. I for one, cannot wait.

You should check it out, I am not joking.

IGN AU said:
PS3:
Sound: 7.5 If you’re playing this on PS3 then you’re out of luck if you – say – only liked about five of the tracks on the soundtrack, like we did. Commentary and cameraman annoy.

X360:
Sound: 8.0 A few good soul and hip hop tracks on the soundtrack, but overall not to our tastes. Comp commentary and your cameraman get pretty annoying. Excellent sound effects.

anyway, 33mins!

Cat in the Hat said:
"Actually you did because i say that 88/100 wasn't a bad score at all,and that giving a lower score to game even if the score is not bad at all isn't good.:D

Is the horrible way they use to give that score what make me mad."

:lol whatever dude, their words matched what the score was. 8.8 is a great score

Yep their word matched the score,the way they bring together those games to bring down the score are retarded,using multiple games to downplay one,is retarded and that where my complain is,that way we can bring any shooter down in score,because there is no shooter that simply feature the best part of every single thing,like story,graphics,animation,art,multiplaying,gameplay,in fact i dare say the closes now is Killzone 2,at least on 3 or more things is the top dog at least on the console market.

Opus Angelorum said:
@ Tormentoso

You do realise that the very tone of your posts will likely encourage those seeking to criticise Killzone 2; you are doing yourself and the game no favours. I suggest you actually play the game and return back with valid opinions.

Fair enough.

So this apply also to the ones who actually stand behind the magazine or the score.

GodofWine

Cat in the Hat said:

Meh voice work would have been a non-issue if Rico said "time to die"....(or did that get back into the game??)

jett

D-Member
TTP said:
oh yeah. Blimblim got them approved. So, 3 short videos coming. Tried my best to show as much as I could of the game in so little time space.

What's the spoliler rating on them vids?

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Returners said:
You tell me. IGN AU gave Skate 2 0.1 higher on the X360 just because it has the option of custom soundtrack (its a feature of the OS, not the darn game)
WFT! If that is the case they should have marked the PS3 up as it is better value (you don't have to pay to play online).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom