• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Callibretto said:
all this gif really make me think, just like how Burnout popularize sparks, Killzone will totally popularize dust, ashes, and maybe rubble. expect to see this stuff in any future fps:lol (with varying degree of success of course)

Seriously ... the fact that dust and shit affects the lighting is kinda blowing my mind. It's the freaking multilayer.

dwin45

Couple questions (that I could easily find the answers to on my own):

What different classes are there in multiplayer?
Is there co-op?

Pojo

Banned
I am buying this game based solely on the graphics.

I said it. And I don't care.

It's great when you can be blown away and pleasantly surprised at the same time (if it turns out to be a great FPS, that is.) :D

alr1ghtstart said:
28b7221.gif

This is madness!!

mr_nothin

Banned
I just had the most frustrating match ever.
Idiots teamkilled me 7 times...with no enemies around.
Tacticians were retards, they would throw portable spawn points at our spawn.
And people kept getting in my line of sight when I was a sniper. I mean they would just get in front of me and try to shoot people way across the map, with an assault rifle.

I was playing wiith Lilsciz from the NGAF clan. He teamkilled me too.

Kittonwy

Banned
mr_nothin said:
I just had the most frustrating match ever.
Idiots teamkilled me 7 times...with no enemies around.
Tacticians were retards, they would throw portable spawn points at our spawn.
And people kept getting in my line of sight when I was a sniper. I mean they would just get in front of me and try to shoot people way across the map, with an assault rifle.

I was playing wiith Lilsciz from the NGAF clan. He teamkilled me too.

LOLZ. Maybe friendly fire needs to be off.
Indifferent2.gif

Tom Penny

People can't answer a simple question as is friendly fire optional? I see tons of morons shooting there own teamates. Whats the deal.

Ploid 3.0

I remember a match in Killzone 2 where a guy thought he was on our team and he could hear our team, but he was on the other team, and had their gear. But to him he was in our gear and spawned near us. So maybe that glitch got you? (I'm not sure the glitch went exactly like this and it was a older version)

Tom Penny said:
People can't answer a simple question as is friendly fire optional? I see tons of morons shooting there own teamates. Whats the deal.

It's not as frequent as yo might think. I've teamkilled a few times, but it was due to people crossing in front of my while I was firing.

mr_nothin

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
I remember a match in Killzone 2 where a guy thought he was on our team and he could hear our team, but he was on the other team, and had their gear. But to him he was in our gear and spawned near us. So maybe that glitch got you? (I'm not sure the glitch went exactly like this and it was a older version)
Lol, no...i got killed by 3 different people. It was 7 times from the same three. I would see them shoot at the other team too and even run with a group of our teammates.

Yea, the Friendly Fire doesnt happen that often. That match was just surreal though.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
Maggot9 said:
oh my god fuck resistance 2
So cold
but true

I'm buying Resistance 2 when it gets released here at the end of the month but Killzone 2 is the big one. February is going to rock so hard, Killzone 2 and SFIV:D

J-Rzez

One of the few times when you hear "This game is more than a full step ahead of anything else visually on consoles", it's true. Nothing on consoles is close. And, even more impressive than the heaviest visual PC game out there, which maybe due to incredible art, the incredible settings, or the insane attention to detail. Remember, it only looks better on your HDTV than these gifs/vids. Throw in the 2nd to none audio with incredible gameplay, and from the haters doing a full about face with the SP they played, this will be the new measuring stick/standard of FPS games.

Kittonwy

Banned
Maggot9 said:

Oh come on R2 is still pretty good. Warzone reminds me of skirmish done right, I think R2 streamlines the objective games too much by telling the player to go to one spot and stay there, sometimes it's just better to just give the players an objective, let them form squads on their own and let things play out instead of restricting what they should be doing, or how the player can navigate the environment.
Indifferent2.gif

Snipes424

Maggot9 said:

I don't get this mentality. I see this a lot, where people who like killzone 2 cannot like R2 and vise versa. Why can't people like them both? I think if you are a shooter fan and own a PS3, you doing yourself a disfavor if you do not buy both of these games.

Snipes424 said:
I don't get this mentality. I see this a lot, where people who like killzone 2 cannot like R2 and vise versa. Why can't people like them both? I think if you are a shooter fan and own a PS3, you doing yourself a disfavor if you do not buy both of these games.
I, for one, can only afford one of these games, and so far Killzone looks superior in every way IMO. Fully depending on how single-player turns out of course, but going by the lacklustre response to the SP campaign in R2 I'd say than in the worst case scenario it’ll be a toss-up between the two in that area.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Snipes424 said:
I see this a lot, where people who like killzone 2 cannot like R2 and vise versa. Why can't people like them both?
Because one of them is good and the other one isn't? Simple as that for me

Flunkie

Banned
KZ2 MP is so good, I honestly don't even care if the SP is crap on a stick.

I know it's not going to be, but still.. that's ow much I love the multiplayer.

kevm3

Is there the prone (laying down) posiition in this game, or is it strictly stand and crouch? And is the crouch where you have to hold it down to remain crouched or is it more like COD4 where you push it once, and you do a crouching sort of walk?

kenta

Has no PEINS
kevm3 said:
Is there the prone (laying down) posiition in this game, or is it strictly stand and crouch? And is the crouch where you have to hold it down to remain crouched or is it more like COD4 where you push it once, and you do a crouching sort of walk?
No prone, just stand or crouch. In the beta it's a hold-to-crouch, in the final game they will give you the option to make it a toggle

kevm3

kenta said:
No prone, just stand or crouch. In the beta it's a hold-to-crouch, in the final game they will give you the option to make it a toggle

A bit disappointing that there is no prone, but I'll live.

Grayman

Snipes424 said:
What about people who just don't like one or the other. Based on the demos I would not take either Resistance game if offered them for free.

lulz, was trying to get SolidSnakeX to join us in LBP to do some 4 player story levels while he was playing Killzone 2.

He denied :( I would have done the same :p

Oh god this needs to get opened this weekened Sony.

Celebrate your shitty NPD numbers by opening this beta up.

Kittonwy

Banned
Snipes424 said:

I think R2 does bring alot to the table with its co-op campaign, because it's incredibly fun to play with friends, but when you compare MP competitive of R2 (skirmish/TDM/core control) to that of Killzone 2 (Warzone/body count/search and retrieve/search and destroy), and in terms of how the game controls, the amount of freedom the player has and the quality of the level design, the difference is pretty apparent.

Billen

Banned
Did I miss something, or did people always take loads of damage in these videos? Was watching this video, and it struck me that I had never noticed that one could take three shotgun shots, half a clip etc.

Then again, the shotgun hits are hardly headshots.

Dementia

Billen said:
Did I miss something, or did people always take loads of damage in these videos? Was watching this video, and it struck me that I had never noticed that one could take three shotgun shots, half a clip etc.

I think that's largely because the person playing never zooms in, which is much less accurate.

Snipes424

Kittonwy said:
I think R2 does bring alot to the table with its co-op campaign, because it's incredibly fun to play with friends, but when you compare MP competitive of R2 (skirmish/TDM/core control) to that of Killzone 2 (Warzone/body count/search and retrieve/search and destroy), and in terms of how the game controls, the amount of freedom the player has and the quality of the level design, the difference is pretty apparent.

Well I'm not trying to say which game is better, after playing Killzone 2 it is mindblowingly amazing and I hope it sells 5million copies, but I just hope R2 does well too.. thats all I'm trying to say :).

Billen said:

If you don't get a clean shot with the shotgun it'll take more than one shot to drop them.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Billen said:

Yeah, every once in a while you scratch your head at how much damage a dude takes before he goes down. The shotgun is (waaaaay more often than not) a one-hit kill. At least it is if you're wise about it and only shoot at close range. There also might be some kind of reward/medal which increases your body armor or something, I'm looking into that right now

Kittonwy said:

KZ2 is in a completely different league than any shooter I've played this gen. It is soo damn addicting. Typically there's some things that I hate about every shooter I play, but I absolutely love every single element KZ2 brings to the table. It is so polished. Here's how I'd rank the big ones:

KZ2 >>> Halo 3 / CoD4 > Gears 1/2 > Resistance 1/2 in terms of competitive multiplayer play

The graphics are the best on any console and by a huge margin, the controls are so damn fluid and awesome (good luck trolling the DS3 for this game, it works beautifully), the class system adds a new layer of depth to a major console shooter, the map designs are brilliant and the best I've seen in a console shooter with tons of diversity and verticality, the weapons are just ridiculously amazing with a realistic sense of weight.

Such a visceral experience all around. I have logged in 50 hours before they reset the stats, and im probably at about 20 right now after they reset them. And that's WITH ONLY 3 MAPS! I can't get enough. This is the first shooter on the PS3 that I can take seriously from a competitive and team play standpoint.

I kind of wish this were releasing now to push PS3 sales because KZ2 is a system seller and it would have definitely lifted sales this season. But, whatever, that's sales-age talk; I'm glad they'll be having even more polish for the final release, and as a gamer that's more important.

kenta said:
Yeah, every once in a while you scratch your head at how much damage a dude takes before he goes down. The shotgun is (waaaaay more often than not) a one-hit kill. At least it is if you're wise about it and only shoot at close range. There also might be some kind of reward/medal which increases your body armor or something, I'm looking into that right now

Please note that Assault Classes have body armor, which I think gives them twice the health. That may be what you're seeing occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom