• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.
roMonster said:
Gamedaily giving away KZ2 beta codes for residents of North America.

http://www.gamedaily.com/games/kill...atures/big-fn-giveaway-killzone-2-beta-codes/

The Rules:
- These codes are for the PlayStation 3 only.
- The contest runs from Friday, November 21 at 2PM EST until Monday, November 24 at 2PM EST.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must be a resident of North America.
- Only one entry per person. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
- Winners will be chosen at random and emailed on Monday (11/24) with their code!

Yes thank you for the heads up - However doesn't the beta end soon? Thought I read that somewhere...Oh well - entered anyway. I would kill for at least a days worth of playtime!

Thanks again!

Halvie

Banned
Dante said:
From David Ellis?? Really? Once I saw him on the screen I knew exactly what was coming.

Oh, and I answered Sly Cooper to the contest Question :D

Yeah...forgot to up the 1up show in the post. Why did you assume it was going to be negative? Don't know much about him or his opinions on certain franchises.

roMonster said:

http://www.gamedaily.com/games/kill...atures/big-fn-giveaway-killzone-2-beta-codes/

The Rules:
- The contest runs from Friday, November 21 at 2PM EST until Monday, November 24 at 2PM EST.
- Winners will be chosen at random and emailed on Monday (11/24) with their code!
Thank you roMonster.

Dante

Halvie said:
Yeah...forgot to up the 1up show in the post. Why did you assume it was going to be negative? Don't know much about him or his opinions on certain franchises.

He is generally pretty negative or indifferent towards PS3 exclusives, like most of the staff there.

NeoUltima

Fenderputty said:
I can't watch the 1up show from work. Anyone have a recap? Negative?
David Ellis complained about the realistic controls(recoil, etc). Other than that they said how it was the best looking console shooter.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Fenderputty said:

Ellis no like "realistic" controls
Ellis misses the CoD4 Noob-Tube
Ellis has low hopes...

Graphics are Holy

Dante

Fenderputty said:

Not that negative as the 1up Show would lead you to believe. Ellis had some complaints about controls. The other dude really liked it.

Igo

Dante said:
Not that negative as the 1up Show would lead you to believe. Ellis had some complaints about controls. The other dude really liked it.

The other dude felt it was a 'solid shooter' or something. I went for the Getaway even though I know it was cancelled.

roMonster said:

The Rules:

ARGHHGHHGGHHH

GIVE ME ONE!

Fizzle

I wasn't thinking right. I said Legend Of Dragoon.

plank300qr8.gif

jmonteiro

I don't get David Ellis... he says he wants to like KZ2 but his words do not show it at all. This dude is a fanboy and it pisses me off that he is now part of the 1Up Yours podcast, the dude is pretty biased.

Anyway, 1up Yours is still totally worth it, Garnett, Shane and JOHN :D

Acid08

Banned
jmonteiro said:
I don't get David Ellis... he says he wants to like KZ2 but his words do not show it at all. This dude is a fanboy and it pisses me off that he is now part of the 1Up Yours podcast, the dude is pretty biased.

Anyway, 1up Yours is still totally worth it, Garnett, Shane and JOHN :D
You have a problem with Ellis but you think Shane is a-okay nonbiased?

Are you fucking retarded?

jmonteiro

Acid08 said:
You have a problem with Ellis but you think Shane is a-okay nonbiased?

Are you fucking retarded?

Shane is a fanboy too but at least he admits to it. And no I'm not retarded. How about you?

Acid08

Banned
jmonteiro said:
Shane is a fanboy too but at least he admits to it. And no I'm not retarded. How about you?
When has Shane ever admitted to it? It's just so blatantly obvious that everyone takes it as fact.

jmonteiro

Acid08 said:
When has Shane ever admitted to it? It's just so blatantly obvious that everyone takes it as fact.

Exactly, it's obvious with Shane but Ellis is like "I really want to love this game" (regarding KZ2) when he really means "I hope this game fails".

I don't like the dude, that's all. Anyway, I'm done discussing it with you. You seem to like Ellis and that's perfectly fine with me. I just can't stand him.

So basically what I would expect from 1up. :lol

Funny ... everyone playing and previewing the game loves it, but EGM and 1up have a hard time with the controls. :lol

At least they did give it props for the amazing graphics. Probably hard to say otherwise though without looking like a total douche bag.

jmonteiro

Fenderputty said:
So basically what I would expect from 1up. :lol

Funny ... everyone playing and previewing the game loves it, but EGM and 1up have a hard time with the controls. :lol

At least they did give it props for the amazing graphics. Probably hard to say otherwise though without looking like a total douche bag.

They're not used to the PS3 controller :lol :lol :lol :lol

Acid08

Banned
jmonteiro said:
Exactly, it's obvious with Shane but Ellis is like "I really want to love this game" (regarding KZ2) when he really means "I hope this game fails".

I don't like the dude, that's all. Anyway, I'm done discussing it with you. You seem to like Ellis and that's perfectly fine with me. I just can't stand him.
I think him in the sense that he's like John because he calls others on their bullshit.

LyR

Banned
roMonster said:

The Rules:

damn it, they block me since I've an european IP

but for someone with a KZ2 beta code, I've still 2 Home Beta codes (japanese)
... just saying

Spoo

I chose ZoE3. I don't know if that's coming or not, but it'd be cool to see.

Thanks for posting the news about the contest. I want in SOOO BAD... but I don't stoop to begging for fawkin' codes. No offense to those who do -- just not my bag.

Acid08

Banned
Spoo said:
I chose ZoE3. I don't know if that's coming or not, but it'd be cool to see.

Thanks for posting the news about the contest. I want in SOOO BAD... but I don't stoop to begging for fawkin' codes. No offense to those who do -- just not my bag.
Yeah I said ZoE also.

Private Hoffman said:
You know, that's probably the closest thing to the truth.

I'm gonna choose to give them the benefit of the doubt and say it's that as well. If it isn't, it would have to be bias. Wait ... if they only play on 360's ... :lol

KZObsessed

I'm pretty tired but I have the KZ2 urge, anyone want to set up a GAF game? I want to play with Kittonwy sometime too :(

Guled said:
how do I join the gaf clan?

Just need to have "aj2good4you2", "Foil" or me send you an invite.

Snipes424

Acid08 said:
I think him in the sense that he's like John because he calls others on their bullshit.

Kind of hard to call others on bullshit, when a lot of bullshit comes from Ellis' mouth.

There were many things that were a complete lie when he was talking about R2.

Baha

Guys...I think I got a code. I did one of the twitter things and I replied to a question that Libe Goad asked and I realized after I sent the message that it was 41 mins after she asked and had already gave out the codes. I'm gonna test this right now, wish me luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom