• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Any word on a special Edition? Not talking about a 100 dollar special edition, but more like a 10$ + special edition with makings off and stuff.

Making offs for this game should be amazing.

Cerberus

Baha said:
Guys...I think I got a code. I did one of the twitter things and I replied to a question that Libe Goad asked and I realized after I sent the message that it was 41 mins after she asked and had already gave out the codes. I'm gonna test this right now, wish me luck.

Was the question, "Why do the Helghast wear masks in Killzone?" I saw the question an hour ago and I think it was already answered so I didn't bother trying.

Baha

Cerberus said:
Was the question, "Why do the Helghast wear masks in Killzone?" I saw the question an hour ago and I think it was already answered so I didn't bother trying.

That was the one, I answered with 'because it makes them look cool' :lol

NameIess

Well I got a Home code if anyone is willing to trade...
If you are not big into shooters give me the code, because I will definately spend some time on the beta & provide some feedback.

I hope they extend the beta considering the game is not released until Feb.

mr_nothin

Banned
Wow wtf @ the 1up impressions. That guy sucks, going by his gameplay footage.
I take out snipers all day with the standard ISA rifle. HS them bastards.

"You know...aiming the guns in this game is realistic..there's lots of recoild..and the guns shakes. The aim is realistic in a game where it's set in the future but the weapons arent realistic. But Call of Duty 4.......blah blah blah....I dont like being tactical....wah wah wah"

Baha

For the twitter, just make an account if you don't have one already and go to either one of the pages they listed on the site but w/o the '@' in front of their name. Watch for a question and then do a reply. if you're lucky you'll get something.

dfyb

Banned
Baha said:
For the twitter, just make an account if you don't have one already and go to either one of the pages they listed on the site but w/o the '@' in front of their name. Watch for a question and then do a reply. if you're lucky you'll get something.
link please. i know what twitter is -- where are the questions coming from?

mrwilt

roMonster said:
Gamedaily giving away KZ2 beta codes for residents of North America.

http://www.gamedaily.com/games/kill...atures/big-fn-giveaway-killzone-2-beta-codes/

The Rules:
- These codes are for the PlayStation 3 only.
- The contest runs from Friday, November 21 at 2PM EST until Monday, November 24 at 2PM EST.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must be a resident of North America.
- Only one entry per person. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
- Winners will be chosen at random and emailed on Monday (11/24) with their code!

Thanks. I would love to see another War of the Monsters game on the PS3.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
How do you even reply to these questions on Twitter? I just joined it to try to get a code since I've always thought they were pointless.

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out

Baha

dfyb said:
link please. i know what twitter is -- where are the questions coming from?

twitter.com & the two people to follow are libe_goad & robinyang. You can access their pages by adding them to the end of the twitter url like so: www.twitter.com/robinyang

RoboPlato said:
How do you even reply to these questions on Twitter? I just joined it to try to get a code since I've always thought they were pointless.

First log into your account, go to their page and click on Follow (should be below their picture). Then look for a recent killzone question and click on reply for that post. That's considered a 'direct message' aka DM which is what they'll ask for when asking for answers or whatever.

Can you kill people when they're in the mortally wounded stage? In all the videos I've seen, a lot of the bodies are still moving. You would think players would finish off the enemy to prevent them from being revived.

Guled

Jack Scofield said:
Can you kill people when they're in the mortally wounded stage? In all the videos I've seen, a lot of the bodies are still moving. You would think players would finish off the enemy to prevent them from being revived.
of course

mr_nothin

Banned
Jack Scofield said:
Yea, you can and I usually do.
It's funny how the medics will kill you and then use the revival piston on the enemies to finish them off. It's the ultimate bitch slap.

Alot of people will use the gun bash to finish me off sometimes but it's really funny when they get shot in the back....and i'm watching the whole thing happen. :lol

Sometimes its useful to keep the bodies mortally wounded because sometimes medics will try to revive and you can just pick them off again...just to be a dick.

Melfice7 said:
I lost track at how many times i said sorry after team killing with rockets :D

Sorry but i just unlocked Assault class :D

Hmm, that really just seems like sloppy play. So many assault users seem to care so little for the actual current dynamic of the battle and just want to shoot off their big guns. That and people who run in front of your gun when it is obvious that you are shooting someone. I for one love the fact that there are teamkills in this game, but hate that so few people actually take that into account when they play the game. Assault is for breaking the front line, not helping your closely bunched team out by firing a rocket into the mix.

Sorry for nagging, but there are so many people that rush into battle with their rockets ready and then say sorry as though they had no control over the situation. My hope is that the penalty for team killing will be more severe in the final code.

Melfice7

yep not saying it wasn't sloppy, but why so serious? :D

it was just like 3-5 team per map :p it can be a mess on blood gracht, of course none of them were intentional ;D

Jack Scofield said:

Like others have said, yes. It's also useful because you don't get their ammo until you do so.

Melfice7 said:
yep not saying it wasn't sloppy, but why so serious? :D

it was just like 3-5 team per map :p it can be a mess on blood gracht, of course none of them were intentional ;D

Sorry, I just came off a few games where I kept getitng team killed as I was going for the objective. I am afraid my forum response was more a venting of that frustration then anything against you.

Rikyfree

Im so glad to see knives in, KZ1 had the most brutal knife kills I've ever seen in a game. Also a little tip for the beta, doubt they will make it, but a call for medic button would be great, like press triangle and you call out for a medic in a 50 ft radius, you show up instead of a red or green dot on radar, you are blue.

mr_nothin said:
Wow wtf @ the 1up impressions. That guy sucks, going by his gameplay footage.
I take out snipers all day with the standard ISA rifle. HS them bastards.

"You know...aiming the guns in this game is realistic..there's lots of recoild..and the guns shakes. The aim is realistic in a game where it's set in the future but the weapons arent realistic. But Call of Duty 4.......blah blah blah....I dont like being tactical....wah wah wah"

David seems to complain about everything, aside from Gears 2. But personally, I'm looking forward to trying out killzone 2's aim. I'm interested in seeing how difficult/ different it will be to shoot with the recoil being so "realistic." Jeez, I wish I were in the beta :(

Overall, what are people's impressions?

Rikyfree

DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS
Platinum
Colerish Ribbon
Blood Ribbon
Visari Ribbon
Stuntman Ribbon
Bridge Ribbon
Survivor
Heroic Survivor
Popcorn Ribbon
Pullbarrer
Undertaker
Reaper
Field Agent
Iconoclast
Untouchable
Babysteller
Gaint Slayer
Safari Hunter
Killing Spree
Bullet Counter
Safety First
Berserker
Barrel of Death
Professional
Fragementchaint
Fragmatyer
Motorpopper
Blade Runner
Run and Gunner
Defensive Fighter
Carrier Ribbon
Valor Grand Cross
Valor Cross
Valor Medal
Valor Citation
Cross-Training Ribbon
Veteran Ribbon
Expert Ribbon
Wargod Ribbon

List of trophies there, it's not complete, still some secrets in there, simple copy/paste job. Same trophies from Clinton's vid.

Wollan

WrikaWrek said:
Any word on a special Edition? Not talking about a 100 dollar special edition, but more like a 10$ + special edition with makings off and stuff.

Making offs for this game should be amazing.
Limited Edition has been confirmed by a dev. No info on prize and content though.

ianp622

GAZERK said:
David seems to complain about everything, aside from Gears 2. But personally, I'm looking forward to trying out killzone 2's aim. I'm interested in seeing how difficult/ different it will be to shoot with the recoil being so "realistic." Jeez, I wish I were in the beta :(

Overall, what are people's impressions?

I'm the same way, I'm really excited to try out the "realistic" recoil. It seems like it's better suited for a console shooter, because on a PC, players expect their shots to be deadly accurate. I've always found it strange how guns in FPS's are always so accurate.

jmonteiro

Snipes424 said:
Kind of hard to call others on bullshit, when a lot of bullshit comes from Ellis' mouth.

There were many things that were a complete lie when he was talking about R2.

Yeah, I was like literally shouting WTF in the car while he was talking about R2. It got extremely ridiculous when he described Kraken fight as something like "they give you the pulse gun and you shoot at him 4 times and it's over". It clearly was not the same fight for me.

Immortal_Daemon said:
And I don't even have a PS3. It might be a good reason to get one though. :lol

n501862558_1288184_5400.jpg

mr_nothin said:
NOOOO...
I think servers are down right now.

Are they down for anybody else?

Yeah, got the boot from a pistols only match (still so very far from the magnum) and couldn't log in again. It wouldn't even say logging in - just retrieving universe list. Ah well, maybe tomorrow. Gawd, I love this game (beta).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom