• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

FFObsessed said:
I'm gonna jump straight into MP for a couple of hours then start the SP on "Veteran" then later that night play MP again, maybe we could have a GAF game or something. :)

I would love a Gaf Game tonight. I am part of the Launch Party for Friday, but I would love to play online tonight.

And I am on the last segment of the single player game on Veteran and I swear the game is harder than the demo. I have died 77 times throughout my full play through.

Granted, I have been going for trophies like killing 5 people with one grenade, kill 2 people and yourself with a grenade, stuff like that. Plus, just trying new things, I have not been concerned with dying at all.

I did have a nice moment. I ran into a group of Helghast Troops, there were 6 of them. I cooked my grenade and let it blow up in my hand. I got 3 trophies all at the same time. Kill 5 Helghast with one grenade, kill 2 Helghast and yourself with a grenade, and something like Pop off 100 Helghast Helmets. That was pretty cool getting all three with 1 grenade.

dreamer3kx said:
Am I the only one from the US in here, feels like this is Euro only.

Indianapolis here bro, but I got the game last Saturday at Meijer so I am basically partying with the Euros :D

Yeah, and as for joining Squads, I believe if you do not join or create a squad, you will always spawn back at the base. Thus, as stated before, joining squads is crucial.

Owensboro

FirewalkR

Hot damn, I just followed that round history tool link and it's freaking amazing. I'd heard about the replay feature a few days ago but kz.com was down so I hadn't got a look yet. So good. :D :D :D

basis

online experience so far:

lag -- windoze powerpoint presentations looked better than this!
bluetooth voice comms still suck -- even Resistance 2 was better than this pos3!
got disconnected twice while ingame once even from my own frakking game that i created! wtf lagzone 2 ftl.

and that menu system that jiggles (i didn't even waggle my 6asses controller) while you wait for friends... argh! my eyes! is there a way to turn it off?! its giving me a friggin headache. where's the quality control?

i wished they let us test the MP experience in the demo. please gaf, make me not regret getting this title.

bigswords

This is epic fail, super lag (played with my friend and we are not very far apart, Resistance 2 doesn't lag for us) and mic doesn't work in squad mode 80% of the time. WHY DO YOU KEEP FAILING SONY!!!!!!!!

Fuck Resistance 2 had the best voice quality among all the ps3 games, that shit should be minimum.

Multiplayer really is fun and I agree the classes are balanced , just realized that there's no engineers on my team to produce ammo and defense points :(

Shins

Banned
palmas.jpg

Cruzader

Banned
So since most of the Amazon pre-orders are gonna have release date delivery shipping, does that mean that the games will be shipped tomorrow so we all get it on friday?

Phatcorns

3rdamention said:
Indianapolis here bro, but I got the game last Saturday at Meijer so I am basically partying with the Euros :D

Yeah, and as for joining Squads, I believe if you do not join or create a squad, you will always spawn back at the base. Thus, as stated before, joining squads is crucial.

Haha, Indiana and our Meijer's always selling stuff early. That's how I got Halo 2 early.

GodofWine

Xater said:
I don't know if it's in the manual didn't read the damn thing. But it's right thee in the MP! You need to join so you squad leader can be a mobile spawn point.

You can pick spawn points right? Like Warhawk?? and not just randomly pop in like COD right? I cannot wait to trade in COD..I've learned to despise that game over time...

basis said:

bluetooth voice comms still suck -- even Resistance 2 was better than this pos3!
got disconnected twice while ingame once even from my own frakking game that i created! wtf lagzone 2 ftl.

and that menu system that jiggles (i didn't even waggle my 6asses controller) while you wait for friends... argh! my eyes! is there a way to turn it off?! its giving me a friggin headache. where's the quality control?

i wished they let us test the MP experience in the demo. please gaf, make me not regret getting this title.

Joke Post?

Madman

bigswords said:
This is epic fail, super lag (played with my friend and we are not very far apart, Resistance 2 doesn't lag for us) and mic doesn't work in squad mode 80% of the time. WHY DO YOU KEEP FAILING SONY!!!!!!!!

Fuck Resistance 2 had the best voice quality among all the ps3 games, that shit should be minimum.

Multiplayer really is fun and I agree the classes are balanced , just realized that there's no engineers on my team to produce ammo and defense points :(
:lol If R2 does fine with more players, how in the world is it Sony's fault that KZ2 doesn't do the same? You're kidding, right?

Doc Evils

basis said:

Ah joke posts. You got old in 2008.

Xater

GodofWine said:
You can pick spawn points right? Like Warhawk?? and not just randomly pop in like COD right? I cannot wait to trade in COD..I've learned to despise that game over time...

YES!

basis

Fenderputty said:
Joke Post?
sorry no. i really wasn't joking and if it gets me banned so be it. but i'm really upset that the experience OOTB ain't as great as they (Pony) hyped it to be.

i expect the MP to be fairly smooth, not a jerkfest just now. i expect to hear my team mates most of the time, not intermittently or none-at-all. i expect to have decent connectivity, not suddenly jerked out of a match that I hosted/created. i could have expected all the problems I mentioned in a 60 player match, not in a 2 player match with 6 bots!

unless someone can explain why this is happening - hey maybe the MP servers aren't up to the load.. maybe the servers caught fire, maybe the mice need to be fed. then maybe i'd understand - even then it just goes to show how inadequately prepared they were.

basis said:

4s04di.jpg

Rikyfree

basis said:
sorry no. i really wasn't joking and if it gets me banned so be it. but i'm really upset that the experience OOTB ain't as great as they (Pony) hyped it to be.

i expect the MP to be fairly smooth, not a jerkfest just now. i expect to hear my team mates most of the time, not intermittently or none-at-all. i expect to have decent connectivity, not suddenly jerked out of a match that I hosted/created. i could have expected all the problems I mentioned in a 60 player match, not in a 2 player match with 6 bots!

unless someone can explain why this is happening - hey maybe the MP servers aren't up to the load.. maybe the servers caught fire, maybe the mice need to be fed. then maybe i'd understand - even then it just goes to show how inadequately prepared they were.
Thats cute. Next.

Owensboro said:
That thing is crazy awesome. I just watched a few matches out of boredom, and was actually entertained watching dots run around the map shooting each other. I for some reason find it real tense when I see two dots barely miss seeing each other through a door.

Same here, it was Search And Destroy and there were like to areas to destroy. Everyone was fighting at one of the points, but the other one had one guy, all by himself running towards it. He got there, destroyed the point, and at that moment, you see a train of like 6 enemies heading towards him.

I was watching it with some of my 6th Grade Students at the end of class. I was explaining what Search and Destroy was. Then I said "Check out this guy, he just destroyed that point. OH NO, look kids, he is going to get OWNED!!!" As all these soldiers come towards him. Then you see him go one way, and the huge squad goes another, and they all missed him.

It was intense. And this was just dots and lines moving around. I cannot wait to get online tonight.

Xater

@basis: i don't know what game you've been palying but I experience have been fabulous so far except for the buggy server browser.

Negaiido

lol whats with the lag issue? I had a great time, played for like 2 hours. Owned some newbies, got irritated by newbies :D
Even with the US servers I didn't get any lag.

Quick Question. I was watching the Battle Replay posted earlier in this thread, and it says on the Match Settings Screen under ADVANCED OPTIONS : "Spectators Allowed"

What is the Spectators Option? Can people just watch a game without joining to play?

Or can you spectate after being killed before you choose to respawn?

I would love a spectator mode where people can watch, in at least Clan Matches, to facilitate and witness the battle.

KZObsessed

Negaiido said:
lol whats with the lag issue? I had a great time, played for like 2 hours. Owned some newbies, got irritated by newbies :D
Even with the US servers I didn't get any lag.

Clearly it's just Pony playing a trick on you, they'll release their lag fest soon when you least expect it!

Tom Penny

basis said:

A+

WTFing

Banned
bigswords said:

Holy Shit! What am I reading here between 2 deaths. It's the exact opposite of my MP experience.

HINT: Play KILLZONE2 on your 360
24dep2f.jpg

HINT: Play KILLZONE2 on your 360

basis said:

W0w, you are the only person I have read having some major online issues right now. Check out your ISP or make sure you have the ports forwarded on your router that the PSN specifically uses.

I honestly read your post and it seems like every complaint you could ever have for ANY multiplayer game were all complaints you had with Killzone 2.

lunlunqq

... this is not fair. this is ridiculous!!! why?? you guys are enjoying the game and we are still waiting for the NA launch??? this shit can be happening... :mad:

I am going to play this game nearly every evening. I cannot wait until tonight. I have been playing around with Skirmish Mode just to get the fell of online, and I cannot wait.

If you guys have not played Skirmish Mode or dont have the game, it is like an online simulation with bots. It has all the online modes and everything, only against bots. It even has a lobby and stuff.

It is a great way to practice and stuff.

lunlunqq said:
... this is not fair. this is ridiculous!!! why?? you guys are enjoying the game and we are still waiting for the NA launch??? this shit can be happening... :mad:
Where have you been?
It's been like this for like a week lol

...and I'm hoping to pop NA's cherry later today, I hear a store around my way may be getting it this afternoon.

Rikyfree

Full Recovery said:
I'm already addicted to multiplayer... I've only played 3 matches (playing with sambishop)

AFW!
I am soooo gonna play the theme song to Sanford and Son while playing this online, and have it blare over my headset!

Dun Dun Dundun, dun dun dundun dundun dundun, dundun dun dun, dundun dun dun!

womfalcs3

Banned
So is the game officially out in some countries in Europe or are some retailers breaking the official release date?

I know it should be released on the 27th in the UK.

Schrade

I am soooooo envious of you guys already playing the game :(

Granted I have to work but...grrr I can't even get the game here in the states yet :(

GodofWine

basis said:

You are the only person complaining...except for bigswords, who posted at the exact same time as you, with the exact same gripes as you (BT / R2 / Lag)...apparently people posting at 10:23am have bad luck.

cakefoo

basis said:

Go play Quake Live while you wait.

Raist

Banned
lunlunqq said:

Welcome to our world :D

Top Bottom