• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Going to go into to town later and hope some old person got confused with the dates and put it out for sale early.

Xater

The MP of this game is amazing. Works like a charm with 32 players in one game.

Blablurn whats your PSN I wanna add you as a friend. Are you doing a ONPSX clan? :D

Angst

Gibb said:
Went out for lunch.. and I got it while returning to work! =)

That helghast is gonna stare at me for the remainder of my working day =/

Same here. The unopened box is begging me to go home early. :D

Xater

McBacon said:
This is odd, I can't move up and down in the server browser. Whats up with that.

Also happened to me before. I was only able to get it working again by joining a friends game.

BeeDog

Did anyone receive their ShopTo Tin Can Edition order? Just wanted to know if the plastic cover has the awful British red-stamp Age rating, or if it's the standard European (better-looking) one.

Ummm
I think im stuck in a glitch can anybody help
I finished the tank sequence which was awesome and then Templar comes up and says something about the Visari square and then it says to defend this point and I cant go anyway
HELP!

jax (old)

Banned
wow. what an intense title. This is by far the most grueling/realistic/intense FPS yet - I'm not a genre fan but I got this today - and I just cleared the 2nd stage (playing veteran) - and its adequately tough and intense. You really have to play with cover or you'll die. and die and die. Loving the knife charge + grenade runs I do in this game. Very satisfying and the visuals are also very very good. It really does convey the sense of warfare that even MGS4 didn't manage. Love how brutal the stylin/world..etc is.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I know that is old news, but the map tutorials on killzone.com are all kind of awesome.

This sucks,
restart checkpoint and nothing. Rico and Nariko are just fuckin sittin there gettin shot! WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
untoldhero said:
This sucks,
restart checkpoint and nothing. Rico and Nariko are just fuckin sittin there gettin shot! WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

HS.PS3.jpg

DrXym

FabCam said:
No, play.com usually do next day delivery. PES2008 came 1 day afer it said it was posting and so did HAZE that I (mistakenly) ordered. You might get it tomorrow :D

EDIT: just saw you'e from Sweden. It probably will take time actually, sorry :(

I'm not from Sweden, I'm from Ireland. Post from Play.com normally takes 3-4 working days which doesn't include Saturday. If I'm lucky it will be Friday but it usually takes longer.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Suljeva Village... holy shit.

Easily the best level so far. Easily.

That was fantastic. The
desert
environment was absolutely gorgeous, the narrow hallway just before I activated the antenna's lighting looked phenomenal.

The weapons are great. Switching between the sniper rifle, bowgun (!!) and LMG made for a fantastic level. Something finally clicked, and the controls suddenly felt natural.

I think I get some of the gushing over the game now. The first few levels had me thinking "a really polished, well made game, but I don't see what all of the fuss is about". If the game keeps up this level of good design from here on out then I might just understand the gushing.

I almost want to start over now that I actually have a solid handle on the controls.

Semi-spoiler:
Oh and the boss fight in the level before was fucking stupid. Fast moving enemy mixed with low sensitivity controls wasn't fun, at all. At least it was brief.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Just played for two hours. I went from "meh" and kinda hating the MP in the first hour to fucking LOVING it in the second. Goddamn this game is fine. I love how gametype changes while you're still playing. And the desert level is HUUGGE, great for squad gameplay.

This game'll get played alot.

alba

Little is the new Big
turns out mine got shipped came here at freaking 8am and i wasn't there to pick it up now i gotta wait tomorrow :| gutted.

Gotta wait until tomorrow morning before Uni to pick it up, even then I have to go all day knowing I have KZ2 in my bag waiting to be unleashed. Aaaaand even then I have to work Friday Saturday Sunday and Monday night. Dogs.

Well, I know what I am going to be doing tonight. Hit me up with a friends request if any of you are wanting to play online tonight.

PSN ID: Filth_Flannigan

I am on the very last segment of the game, like the very last segment of the single player. I guess I will wait until tomorrow to beat the game cause I am going to play multi tonight.

Killzone.com is slammed again right now. This game is just huge right now. I hope they can get the website to run a little better.

VNZ

I'm really curious if the recorded battle data can be used for full 3D playback somewhere down the line. Or possibly, if the data right now is dumbed down for 2D playback it will be upgraded to full 3D in a future patch.

Hmm, on a closer inspection it seems that the recording is rather coarse. It basically interpolates the movements through new positions 2-3 times per second. At first the directional fire animations led me to believe the data was much more detailed.

But still, full 3D replays would be sweet and in no way unfeasible. :D

cakefoo

guggnichso said:
Yeah, people spamming grenades like CoD4 without knowing the maps just suck big time -.-
Well, all 21 came from the ISA team and the 2 I saw looked pretty intentional (they were back to back tk's with no explanation)

One of the added bonuses of the Battle Replay is that admins could crack down on those kinds of players.

I'd like to see a live stat scoreboard in the replays. Is there one and I'm just not finding it? I see the win-loss count update after each round, but kills and other stats would be nice to have too.

-viper-

Banned
Seems like I'm going to receive KZ2 tomorrow ¬_¬

I haven't received my copy today even though it was dispatched yesterday by ShopTo.

Anyone else without deliveries from ShopTo? I hate waiting.

BeeDog

-viper- said:

I haven't received my copy today even though it was dispatched yesterday by ShopTo.

Still waiting for my copy obviously, but God knows how long it will take to ship it to Sweden.

Mik2121

-viper- said:

Stop whining. I'm in Japan and my only way to get the game is via Play-Asia or any other website like that. I ordered a while ago and Play-Asia was going to send it to me two days ago but my Credit Card went crazy and didn't work for some unknown reason, and now it works but Play-Asia didn't send the game today (it's in a "Preparing Order" status since yesterday) and will most likely send it tomorrow and arrive by Friday, even though it should be arriving TODAY. So yeah.

Top Bottom