• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Gibbo

Asian version is out here (Singapore) and played through the first mission. While everything looks very nice, I'll have to admit that I'm just abit disappointed by the framerate. The small pauses when you enter new sections within the level can be abit glaring after awhile as well

Nonetheless, I'm totally enjoyed what I've played so far and am just awed by the amount of shit going on in the background. The sound is also bloody awesome on by JVC SU DH1 + Senns

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Rez said:
Semi-spoiler:
Oh and the boss fight in the level before was fucking stupid. Fast moving enemy mixed with low sensitivity controls wasn't fun, at all. At least it was brief.
Err...

That fight did not require quick camera movement at all. You simply had to lure him over to those electric pylons and then shoot them. This would prevent the boss from moving for a bit which allows you to launch a rocket or two at him. How did you fight the boss?

While everything looks very nice, I'll have to admit that I'm just abit disappointed by the framerate. The small pauses when you enter new sections within the level can be abit glaring after awhile as well
Seriously? It holds a solid framerate most of the time and it never resorts to tearing. The small pauses are nothing, though. They happen in Halo, they happen in Gears, and plenty of other shooters as well.

BeeDog

I'm a bit late, but damn the stats page is great (too bad you aren't allowed to suck now :lol ), though I have two questions now:

1. How similar to the mockup concept (that was shown at some event a long time ago) is the current stats page? Anyone remember?
2. Also, is there any way to avoid having to enter your Date of Birth every fucking time you want to visit KZ.com?

EDIT: question 2 beaten. :lol

BeeDog said:
I
1. How similar to the mockup concept (that was shown at some event a long time ago) is the current stats page? Anyone remember?

2ia7tww.jpg

cameltoe

ok, I get off at noon today (chicago) and have the rest of the week and weekend OFF!! I need to find this game ASAP. GAF? HELP!!! I cannot wait until Friday....well, I could but I dont want to!!

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Snipes424 said:
Is there a way to not enter my birthdate every damn time I go to the KZ2 website?

It's annoying to say the least.

cameltoe said:
ok, I get off at noon today (chicago) and have the rest of the week and weekend OFF!! I need to find this game ASAP. GAF? HELP!!! I cannot wait until Friday....well, I could but I dont want to!!

If all else fails: get wasted. Friday will be here in no time.

KZObsessed

-viper- said:
Seems like I'm going to receive KZ2 tomorrow ¬_¬

I haven't received my copy today even though it was dispatched yesterday by ShopTo.

Anyone else without deliveries from ShopTo? I hate waiting.

Mine will come 2moro :(

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
In a Gamestop email I just got where they're whoring the new RE5 360 bundle, over in the 'Coming Soon' area, it now lists Killzone 2 for 3/3.....

I just watched that battle replay that was posted a page back, and that was about the coolest thing I have seen. It even shows bullets flying and stuff.

Totally cool. You can easily find the stud players and the noobs. I didn't know it actually showed so many stats and stuff. This was the first time I watched a battle replay.

Man, this is like the ultimate tool for clan strategies, practice, and more.

Ok, I know I know, Halo had something like this. But I never have owned an XBox and never pretended to.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
DrXym said:
I'm not from Sweden, I'm from Ireland. Post from Play.com normally takes 3-4 working days which doesn't include Saturday. If I'm lucky it will be Friday but it usually takes longer.
Ditch play.com, shopto are much better!

fever

Neo Member
yea i wish i didnt order with play.com now, when will they get with the times first class post is the way forward

WTFing

Banned
I'm IN! Finally got my copy, and tried the MP for 10mn.
My balls! It's so good. I didn't have any lag in a 32 players room!
The MP interface is simple and very effective, but I'll check that later.
aaaaaaaaaaah! GG, Thanks! That's the only thing I was afraid of.
Now I'm beginning my solo game on 'veteran'.

KZObsessed

-viper- said:
Same. Are you planning to jump right in the MP or SP first?

I'm gonna jump straight into MP for a couple of hours then start the SP on "Veteran" then later that night play MP again, maybe we could have a GAF game or something. :)

-viper-

Banned
FFObsessed said:
I'm gonna jump straight into MP for a couple of hours then start the SP on "Veteran" then later that night play MP again, maybe we could have a GAF game or something. :)
I hope the GAF game starts before 9 or 10PM. Can't play too late as I've got school tomorrow.

KZObsessed

-viper- said:
I hope the GAF game starts before 9 or 10PM. Can't play too late as I've got school tomorrow.

I should be ok playing til midnight most nights but maybe we could start at 8ish for a Euro GAF night and then I'll just carry on after that :p

Felix Lighter said:
Will there be GAF games outside of the clans?

oh most definitely.

Facism

FFObsessed said:
Goddammit nearly everyone on my list is playing KZ2. Wollan stop playing it NOOOOOW!
angry.gif

Depressing, isn't it? UK is a part of EU too, you know? Why are waiting 2 more days for a release?

Xater

Facism said:
Depressing, isn't it? UK is a part of EU too, you know? Why are waiting 2 more days for a release?

It's Europes revenge for everytime someone said UK when talking about Europe. :lol

Facism

Xater said:
It's Europes revenge for everytime someone said UK when talking about Europe. :lol

I'm already suffering Europe's revenge for that now the pound is worth exactly half a foreskin. Rock Am Ring is going to be very expensive this year :(

@ FFObsessed: you're not a man u fan are you? Thought you were Liverpool :3

KZObsessed

Facism said:
I'm already suffering Europe's revenge for that now the pound is worth exactly half a foreskin. Rock Am Ring is going to be very expensive this year :(

you're not a man u fan are you? Thought you were Liverpool :3

oh keep on insulting me why don't you!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Friday cannot come soon enough. So jealous for every thats playing the game right now. I'm going to need all the pratice I can get.

Xater

Unlocked the Medic now. I kinda would have prefered it if reviving someone would have been just pressing circle like in SP. Instead I have to first select the reviving tool. I mean the recharge on that thing takes long enough to they could have simplified it imo.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
neojubei said:
Friday cannot come soon enough. So jealous for every thats playing the game right now. I'm going to need all the pratice I can get.

Pffft, old news. Get with the times Grandad!!!! I finished KZ2 on Monday :)

The wait will be worth it once you get playing. It's a fantastic game. Need to get home and try the MP.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
fever said:
yea i wish i didnt order with play.com now, when will they get with the times first class post is the way forward

Play.com aren't based in the United Kingdom. They don't use Royal Mail.

WTFing

Banned
Facism said:
That's why I cancelled my preorder from shopto.

The MP is much 'faster' than the SP.
And it's seems like the controls are a bit different from demo to retail. It's like the controls are more precise, but since I'm playing on 'veteran', I die even on the demo stage :lol
Awesome!

Owensboro

Xater said:
Oh and people really hvae to learn to join squads. It's kinda important...

Please, enlighten those of us that won't have the game until Friday and want to learn. Is that information in the manual? (I have this weird habit of having to read the entire manual before I play a game. It's why to this day I have yet to actually play a Flight Sim game.)

Facism

Eighthours said:
"Network Error Code: -954" for the review copies at present. Nice one, Sony. :rolleyes:

Didn't someone buy a review copy of Ebay recently? Tempy laughed at his prospects of actually being able to play online with it when the servers were turned on.

Xater

Owensboro said:
Please, enlighten those of us that won't have the game until Friday and want to learn. Is that information in the manual? (I have this weird habit of having to read the entire manual before I play a game. It's why to this day I have yet to actually play a Flight Sim game.)

I don't know if it's in the manual didn't read the damn thing. But it's right thee in the MP! You need to join so you squad leader can be a mobile spawn point.

Top Bottom