• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

DigiMish

That's cool, I AM going for that elusive 1% this week, so the more people that log in over the weekend the better - you guys should all just log in and play a few games just to elevate me heh:D

DigiMish

alr1ghtstart said:
I wonder if there are any noobs left, or everyone left is good.
Nah, plenty of noobs left just like everywhere. One of my favorite things to do is go into pistol games, and totally kick ass with the revolver. Cause a lot of people are in the Pistols Only games to get the ribbons for the revolver, so they have a measely pea shooter compared to my gun hehe.

KZObsessed

DigiMish said:
That's cool, I AM going for that elusive 1% this week, so the more people that log in over the weekend the better - you guys should all just log in and play a few games just to elevate me heh:D

I'll log on with my 3 accounts and do my part! *salutes*

DigiMish

FFObsessed said:
I'll log on with my 3 accounts and do my part! *salutes*
Right on :D

Kinda annoying though - I was aiming for 7500 - 8000 points, but now with Double XP weekend, there's no set number to aim for anymore and I just have to watch the leaderboards and do simple math.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I still need that 1%. I spent 2 weeks overdosing on KZ2 where I barely missed it.

I hate these kinds of achievements.

Schrade

Tempy said:
I still need that 1%. I spent 2 weeks overdosing on KZ2 where I barely missed it.

Who was responsible for those multiplayer ranking achievements at your workplace anyhow?

BeeDog

Tempy said:

Seriously, can't you convince someone to make a temporary "get 1% for free" hour/day or whatever? It's one of the worst trophies ever conceived, and royally pissed me off. :p

Tempy said:

I won't ask you for any codes, but I really hope that you'll convince your co-workers to NOT include such a ridiculous trophy in your next game (use shotgun if necessary).

Thanks.

Kittonwy

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Seriously, kittonwy would claw their eyes out...

Yeah.
Indifferent2.gif

Minamu

Any point in the double exp if you've already unlocked all classes? I doubt it would help towards the percentage trophies, right? That dlc pack for 9.99$, is that ALL maps or just two packs in one?

KZObsessed

I was playing a 32pl game on Radec and the other team was so bad they were pushed back from the start. So I just stood back and picked people off. S&D attack begins and I realise I'm 33-0 and could break my killstreak record! :O

So I slowly approach the door and cook a grenade. "There's like 5-6 guys in there I'll definitely get a couple" I think. I throw the grenade... at the exact moment a teammate walks right in front of me, bounces off his head and explodes in my face. Suicide.

That one can go straight into the Hall of FAIL.

:(

At least Rick joined the game later, to sooth my pain.

Finished the game with a respectable 166-30.

KZObsessed

Ardorx said:
Serious Question: If I jump in this now, will I get my shit rocked hard online or will I stand a chance?

Completely depends on your team. Have you played before? There's a offline Bots mode where you can play on easy and get used to the objectives and the map layouts and such. Play a few games of that and you should be fine.

Might also want to try some Body Count only games at first, but sure give it a go.

DigiMish

I was playing exclusively on Corinth yesterday, and every time we would push them all the way to their base, both on the top, mid, and lower levels. I was an Engineer, and man Corinth is one of the few maps where turrets do shit, especially if you place them at the top - that way they get easy headshot kills.:D

ZeroRay

DigiMish said:
I was playing exclusively on Corinth yesterday, and every time we would push them all the way to their base, both on the top, mid, and lower levels. I was an Engineer, and man Corinth is one of the few maps where turrets do shit, especially if you place them at the top - that way they get easy headshot kills.:D

Turrets get more and more dangerous the less the player count in a game gets.

KZObsessed

DigiMish said:

I really miss my Engineer's Turret + Air Drone combo. I loved to defend the objectives, especially S&D. But I always have to be Tactician in every game otherwise it's just too frustrating.

Tho the upside of that is that I get to constantly use the awesome ISA Rifle rather than the awful shotgun. So easy to mow people down with the rifle.

Man, after playing some halo 3 multi for the first time, I seriously don't get why people rag on this game's controls. With HP mode on it feels just as fluid as halo. Hip firing is a lot more accurate in killzone. I can actually crouch and shoot for increased accuracy. I can run. About the only things that feel better in halo is jumping and melee.

And then there is the actual online gameplay. After large warzone games, it's hard to go to 4 vs 4 team death match. Gets old quickly. Even with some of the balancing issues regarding assault, the job system is godly. And I like that I get to choose whichever server I want in killzone instead of being forced in matchmaking. And I think I actually like the ps3 controller more, which I didn't expect.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
H_Prestige said:
Man, after playing some halo 3 multi for the first time, I seriously don't get why people rag on this game's controls. With HP mode on it feels just as fluid as halo. Hip firing is a lot more accurate in killzone. I can actually crouch and shoot for increased accuracy. I can run. About the only things that feel better in halo is jumping and melee.

And then there is the actual online gameplay. After large warzone games, it's hard to go to 4 vs 4 team death match. Gets old quickly. Even with some of the balancing issues regarding assault, the job system is godly. And I like that I get to choose whichever server I want in killzone instead of being forced in matchmaking. And I think I actually like the ps3 controller more, which I didn't expect.

KZ2 having shitty controls and the PS3 controller not being suited for FPS are two of the biggest misconspections of this gen.

Glad you appreciate both coming from Halo 3.

DigiMish

The Engineer is pretty awesome. I can't imagine the Tactician + Engi combo of turrets and air drones - that must net you points like crazy, especially during objective mode.

Yeah, to date (after ~250 hours) I still haven't got the top 1%...but two of my clan members have been ranked no. 1 in the world for "last 24 hours" on the leaderboards before. :D

I know I'll be shockingly bad because I was trying to shake the KZ2 out of my system for MW2...hopefully the muscle memory will kick in sooner or later. :lol

KZObsessed

DigiMish said:
The Engineer is pretty awesome. I can't imagine the Tactician + Engi combo of turrets and air drones - that must net you points like crazy, especially during objective mode.

Yeah it's awesome :D

Best maps for it are Saluman Market and Corinth Crossing. Pyrrhus Rise too I guess.

On Saluman Market, during S&D (defence especially) if you have a couple of turrets on the raised pavement near the wall, you get a bunch of headshots, and not just on the planters. Combined with a air drone or two in the air and it's deadly. Especially as the turrets are hard to destroy being so near the wall and not out in the open.

Same goes with Corinth Crossing S&D as well. Though turrets are much easier to destroy there. Tho you can get tons of air drone kills during body count and C&H if you stick to the top level.

Yeah, it was an awesome defensive combo. Had a lot of fun with it. <3 But nothing compares to the ISA rifle. :)

Top Bottom