• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kim Jong- Chul caught on camera for the first time in 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sealda

Banned
The man, the myth, the middle child of Kim Jong Il that never makes headlines have yet again stepped out of the shadows to watch a Eric Clapton concert.

Ten years ago, he was spotted at a Clapton concert in Germany.

jongchol3.jpg

200606150446_01.jpg

kim%20son%20clapton%20fan%202.jpg

And 2 days ago, it was time again for yet another Clapton concert. This time in Singapore.

kjc_singecfeb11.jpg

20110217164445_bodyfile.jpg

“As far as I know, Kim Jong-chol did not stay in Beijing. He headed straight to Pyongyang via China from Singapore” on Tuesday, a source in the Chinese capital said, adding that Kim appears to have taken a flight by North Korea’s national airline, Air Koryo.

Kim, believed to be 30, was on a personal visit to Singapore and is believed to have spent most of the time shopping and sightseeing, including a visit to the island of Sentosa, before leaving on Tuesday, sources there said.

South Korean broadcaster KBS on Tuesday broadcast the footage of Kim enjoying a Clapton concert held on Monday in Singapore. Kim was seen with a young woman at the concert, and sources said that it was his 24-year-old sister, Kim Yo-jong. The two went to a Swiss school together in the 1990s.

And short snip from Wiki

...A similar campaign was launched in praise of Kim Jong-il's mother during the later years of Kim Il-sung's life.[2] This suggested that Kim Jong-chul, despite his youth, had emerged with Army backing to be a serious contender to succeed his father.
However, Kenji Fujimoto, Kim Jong-il's personal sushi chef, wrote in his memoir, I Was Kim Jong Il's Cook, that Kim Jong Il thought Jong-chul was "no good because he is like a little girl". Fujimoto believed Kim Jong-il favored his youngest son, Kim Jong-un.

EDIT:
Some background on the different rarities of Ils 4 children.

Light rare Nam

This fat man is widely known to live in Macau in a well known house. He quite often speaks to the media and he seems to have fallen out with the rest of the family.

Kim-Jong-nam-the-eldest-s-004.jpg

kim-jong-nam.jpg

Kim+Jong-nam.jpg

Before he actually looked more dictator-like.
Kim-Jong-nam-Caught-1.jpg

Also, his wife is kinda nice (Second woman from the right)
kjnnarita2001.jpg

Medium rare Eun
The now official successor to Kim Jong Il. Eun was previously ultra rare and the only known photos of him were from a private school in Switzerland like 15 years ago. Since then he has basically disappeared completely. Intelligence sources have constantly reported how he have risen through the DPRK ranks. Eventually, everyoen realized he was to be the sucessor and late 2010 he was finally revealed for the public and the outside world as the Crazy North Korean dictator 3.0

For like 15 years the only known pictures of Un was from when he was 5 years old or his short stay in Switzerland.
Kim+Jong+Un.jpg

After his introduction to the public this year, he has been widely photographed by the North Korean news media.

Almost, every week now there is photos of him inspecting stuff etc.

kcu_6556_jan11.jpg

zpohuk_kcisdt-81.jpg

kjikjucpv102010.jpg

Lastly.

Ultra rare Kim Sul-song
Kim Jong Ils only daughter serves as his secretary which means she plans his trips etc. Also she is known to be deeply connected with the propaganda department. Basically, she is actively working inside the core of the party. She have reportedly studied in Paris during the mid 00s. I have never seen a picture on her and i have never heard any reports on her.

Seolsong was seen by the defector wiping Kim Jong-Il's hands with a sterilized towel after Kim shook hands with factory officials on an inspection tour to a local area.
damn...

SUPREME1

Banned
He can thank dad for dem ugly genes.

Is that grandpa Kim Il Sung in the black and white photo insert? So much better looking than Kim Jung Il or any of his granchildren...

Shanadeus

Banned
However, Kenji Fujimoto, Kim Jong-il's personal sushi chef, wrote in his memoir, I Was Kim Jong Il's Cook, that Kim Jong Il thought Jong-chul was "no good because he is like a little girl". Fujimoto believed Kim Jong-il favored his youngest son, Kim Jong-un.

Fucking misogynist.

LQX

They take vacations in North Korea? And whats with all those rings on one finger. I have only seen women and pimps do this.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
X26 said:
For some reason I thought Clapton had been dead for awhile, huh. Guess not.
You're thinking of Tupac. It's easy to get the two confused.

Salmonax

It's always crazy to read about how the NK ruling class enjoys elements of the outside world even as they demonize it to their citizens.

plasmasd

Imagine if you could kidnap him. You be able to trade him for food for the NK people. Or pull an Arnold Total Recall moment.

At the very least you could put subliminal messages in the clapton music. lol

I'm sure I've just inspired the next modern warfare plot

numble

plasmasd said:
Imagine if you could kidnap him. You be able to trade him for food for the NK people. Or pull an Arnold Total Recall moment.

At the very least you could put subliminal messages in the clapton music. lol

I'm sure I've just inspired the next modern warfare plot
I always wonder what they learn in the Swiss schools.

Snake

They said I was crazy saying that Clapton is the key to the North Korea conundrum.

Sweet, sweet vindication.

SUPREME1

Banned
Battersea Power Station said:
Eh, it's likely Chul's dad is a racist asshole, so idolizing a similar musician is not that weird.

Clapton racist? Explain.

Edit: Nevermind, just read up on Wikipedia. What a dick. Wow, I'm surprised. With as much black influence he's had in his music, you'd think he'd hold them in higher regard. What a fucking douchebag. Doesn't even own up to it. Claims ignorance or denies that it's racist. Smh.

UFRA

kim-jong-nam.jpg

I declare this image to be made into a .gif with the sunglasses animated coming down from above, and it shall be the new dealwithit.gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom