• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King County Sheriff Detective Pulls Gun on Motorcyclist During Traffic Stop

Seems he's a fan of complaining about people who find these actions by LEOs fucked up. You have to wonder why he even entered the thread. You know, besides that he's a troll on a mission..

Ah, weird.
I find that I (too) often try to see things from LEO's sides, giving them way more of a benefit of a doubt than they probably deserve.
But in this case, the video leaves no room for any kind of defense.
...well, actually, I thought this guy might not have been a real cop at all. Sad. Naive and sad.

What was the point? Why not just pull the guy over normally?

If the point was to scare him I'd be much more scared of a ticket and being late to work.

Ah, weird.
I find that I (too) often try to see things from LEO's sides, giving them way more of a benefit of a doubt than they probably deserve.
But in this case, the video leaves no room for any kind of defense.
...well, actually, I thought this guy might not have been a real cop at all. Sad. Naive and sad.

And that's why I said he's clearly a troll on a mission. Zero commentary on what is CLEARLY wrongdoing from the officer, but complain that "the same people" are in the thread. Couldn't be any more transparent..

giphy.gif

I fucking wish. That cop was hilarious.."don't turn it off so you can show your friends!"

That scared the shit out of me. There is no call for the cop to have his gun drawn like that. If he was worried about the rider having a concealed gun ( a surprising number of riders up here do), he could have had his hand on his holster, but there is no reason to provoke a situation with drawn weapon like that.

Fuck that shit. I hope he gets fired.

Malvolio

Which situation was more dangerous? Riding a motorcycle aggressively or shutting down a lane of traffic and pulling a deadly weapon on an unarmed civilian?

F34R

Honestly the way he's holding it close to his chest like that looks more to me like he's trying to hide it from view of the majority of people around. Which I'd also assume is because he knows he's not supposed to be doing this shit.

When you're that close to someone, and have your gun out, you keep it away from the person you're covering with it. That's pretty standard.

Tigress

We aren't in Seattle but a city nearby... my husband one time when he was on his bike had a police officer pull up close enough next to him to reach out and flip the kill switch on his bike while he was riding (I think on the highway even).... No, it wasn't pulling a gun on him but turning off some one's motorcycle while they are riding is just a really really bad idea that can really fuck over the motorcyclist if something goes wrong (like you accidentally hold on to the grip and pull him over or you swerve a little while trying to get that close or he swerves when he freaks out at you getting close or the fact you jsut made him lose all power on the highway so now he has way less control if something else happens).

It seems the cops here think anything goes in order to get a bike to stop (I think it also doesn't help that especially sport bikers have a reputation of running because they feel they can get away. It was actually debated on in the motorcycle forum I was in with the more responsible ones feeling it was a bad thing to do and less responsible admitting to doing it themselves - it always got to be a bit of a flamewar really. I have to say I had a low opinion of half that forum ;). That half deserved the bad reputation sport bikers got).

That's a cop?

Looks like some dude just pulled out a fucking gun.

He's not even holding it properly.

If he felt threatened, he's supposed to put handcuffs on the guy and then holster his gun and then begin the discussion for his license/registration/etc...

Looked more like an armed robbery than a traffic stop and I can't believe the detective just sticks his hands in other people's pockets.

This is monumentally stupid even by trash cop standards. He had NO way of knowing how that biker was going to react to being surprised with a gun.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Cop said:
"Take your ID out! [If] You move this bike, I'm gonna dump you"

says the alleged cop that's pointing a gun at a guy he just snuck up on at a traffic. What a fucking assclown

Yeah in the moment how the fuck is he supposed to know this isn't just some psychopath who stops people for kicks? Pretty sure you can buy similar strobe lights on Amazon or some shit. My immediate response would be "oh fuck I'm getting carjacked" based on how he just rolled up on the dude and took his wallet.

Redd

I'm not 100% sure I believe that guy wasn't actually driving aggressively or speeding (whether or not he hit 100mph) but even if all that's true, there's NOOO need for the officer to approach him with the fucking gun drawn.

Same here. That cop needs to be punished no matter what and if there's video of the guy on the motorcycle being a reckless driver he needs to be fined.

Obviously you can't take the word of the cop in this situation so the detective should need video proof or a witness to corroborate his story imo.

Top Bottom