• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King Dedede Confirmed for Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

Metal B

7Gg8rIe.jpg

There is properly a small, funny detail hidden here:
Those animations are properly both from Dedede's Jet-Hammer attack. In the first screenshot he looks in front on him, but in the other he breaks the fourth wall and looks asking at the player. Since the Jet-Hammer explodes, when charged up too much, Dedede properly gets nervous, if the player waits too long.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It reminded me of my 13th birthday party when I decided I was too cool for colors, yes.

Seriously though, let me use this comparison I stole from Google to exemplify:
mariogqzpt.jpg

Melee still used more primary color than Brawl did, which had far more muted tones. The textures, while erring on the side of realism were still stylized. Brawl just went all out with the realistic look. It was probably out of necessity for Melee to look that way thanks to limited resources, but I still think it worked better than Brawl's style.
Gotta be honest, brawl looks alot better with its colors than that shot of melee you used, maybe you just used a bad shot.

Terrell

im not the one with the grudge complex, but we literally have no confirmation one way or another. And it would be wise if people didnt make assumptions because several times people have made assumptions from smash 4 and turn out completely wrong, I know this cause I post in the thread daily.
Facts are facts. It costs money to include 3rd-party characters and Nintendo and Sakurai seem geared to give us characters that fans actually requested (see: Megaman, Sonic's return), instead of the Kojima back room deal Snake got in through.

The problem with other assumptions made about Smash Bros. is that none of them are ever the simplest logical conclusion. The simplest logical conclusion about Snake is pretty self-explanatory.

I dont mean to hate but man Wii U is so disappointing with its graphics. I've seen 360 games with better graphics. It just sucks because we get spoiled by other platforms yet i'd love to see a Metroid Prime game with amazing graphics, its just hard to imagine we will ever get that any time soon considering what games have looked like on this console so far.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Facts are facts. It costs money to include 3rd-party characters and Nintendo and Sakurai seem geared to give us characters that fans actually requested (see: Megaman, Sonic's return), instead of the Kojima back room deal Snake got in through.

The problem with other assumptions made about Smash Bros. is that none of them are ever the simplest logical conclusion.the simplest logical conclusion about Snake is pretty self-explanatory.

what facts? we have no facts, snake got into smash cause kojima asked sakurai himself, probably hardly any money at all was involved in that, saying that he isnt going to be in smash 4 now is as much up in the air as some random person saying they want snake in brawl before the first trailer was released.

FSLink

Banned
This thinking is absurd. We don't even have a release date and the roster is still growing. It's past the halfway mark to Brawl's total already. We have four newcomers revealed already, so do you really think they'll cut 5+ characters from Brawl's roster and not reveal a single new character from here on out? There is zero chance that it will be smaller than Brawl's.

Plus even if they WERE going for a smaller size, it'd be dumb of them to remove a character with a unique moveset.

I'm willing to make a one month avatar bet that Snake will return.
Some people say he doesn't fit with the characters given his background but I personally think he fits perfectly and being out of place is what makes him special perfect given the MGS series sense if humor perfectly matches that's of smash.

sinxtanx

There is properly a small, funny detail hidden here:
Those animations are properly both from Dedede's Jet-Hammer attack. In the first screenshot he looks in front on him, but in the other he breaks the fourth wall and looks asking at the player. Since the Jet-Hammer explodes, when charged up too much, Dedede properly gets nervous, if the player waits too long.

PROBABLY

the word you're looking for is PROBABLY

/anxiety attack

Im guessing it was auto-correct on his phone or something lol

3 times? You think auto-correct would catch one of them as "probably" atleast. He really must have spelt it weird.

But he does make an interesting point, the face change could possibly be from waiting to long with the charge, that'd be a really neat detail most people probably wouldnt even notice.

Kirby Triple Deluxe was released in Japan today, it was even mentioned in the update.

Reveals of characters tend to coincide with game releases. (Olimar, Toon Link, Sonic, Zelda and now King Dedede)

So the next character reveal is probably Diddy Kong on February 13th then.

Top Bottom