• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
This is not a dish but I'm interested in more fighting games now. I would like to know what it is that appeals so much to fans of King of Fighters? What are the main forces of the series? What sets it apart from the competition? I'm sincerely just curious. :)

For one, as hard as people say SNK motions are to come to grip with... the fact the characters share a LOT of universal tools (Rolling, hopping, Blowback attacks, command normal attacks that combo out of normal hits, full running) helps one feel less helpless when playing a variety of characters. Even the big guys have obvious aggression tools, and even those without invincible Dragon Punch style moves have an obvious "GET OFF OF ME!" move, or a quick escape.

There's also no varied health meters, like in other games. So your big defensive bruiser takes the same damage as your skinny magical girl.

There's no characters that are "designed to suck", either! "Joke" characters still have solid tools, the comedy is derived from their animations and actions, rather than giving them pathetic tools, or bad frame data.

The characters also constantly refresh between entries. They keep some iconic tools and personalities, but they also gain entirely new tools, change and update outfits, often tied in with the storylines. Some Examples:

• Kyo's change from a normal fireball / uppercut character into one that has chain punches and more destructive abilities, all came about from him being disappointed with his strength VS his foes, and wanting to get stronger.
  • Kensou was losing aspects of his powers, and had to develop / train in new techniques to replace them. When his power started to show up again, he mixed his old and new tech, to come up with another variation of abilities.
  • Leona has a crazy "evil" form, and almost killed those around her because of it. Instead of this ALWAYS being a thing for her, she's actually learned to control it, and funnel that energy into her Super attacks.

The fact characters are always changing, growing, and actually affected by those around them, brings a unique interest that many other fighters have rarely attempted to tap into.

Rocky model would be godlike! Now that's 3D they can do tons of outfits, model swaps. I hope they do.
They could go completely nuts with costumes if they want, since EVERYONE has been updated in one way or another. With 50 characters, I don't expect them to do much out of the box, costume wise... but I'd love to see team-related costume sets. Especially if they had unique animations and voice work applied to them.

Lots of things to love so far. I'm not really a fan of Leona's new outfit overall, but I've liked her since 1999 or so, so she's in. Terry and Billy too. Then I'm pretty sure I'll play Geese, as long as he has his awesome gi outfit. And Kim is always given. On top of those, lots of promising character concepts and Nakoruru might be fun.

I'm happy to see the graphics improving and doubters/hecklers shutting up. KoF was always the rough series graphically (I never really liked the sharp shading, compared to stuff like Garou, Last Blade or SamSho), but now at least it's clean and distinct, and they seem to have recreated the personality of the fighters.

qcf x2

Still hella butthurt at no Rock Howard or Rugal.

This isn't King of Blonde Fighters XIV
Would trade 3 blondes for one brunette with a whip who is named after her weapon of choice.

Negative, but it is looking better. I'm more wanting to play KOF14 now that Sam Sho has a chance of coming back. If these games are semi successful, it could a resurgence of SNK fighters. Maybe even a new Fatal Fury or Last Blade...

It would be awesome if you did a series on KoF. 98/2002 are the two most played games on Fightcade if I'm not mistaken, and a lot of viewers have probably only ever heard of the series, which is understandable but a bit of a shame since it provides some refreshingly different gameplay than the average Capcom-esque fighter.

Not sure if I've roster begged in this thread yet, but: Mary, Whip, Vanessa. Get them in, SNK!

Fandangox

For the Ralf moving in flames, I keep imagining him attacking with a grand Bareback Vulcan style DM, with the last hit blowing away everything in the area. From the flames of total destruction, he's the only thing that "survived", walking out with that "Mission accomplished!" mumble.

5mhROpE.jpg

Finally becoming canon

Loona

So wouldn't that leave her inhuman strength unexplained? Would she just be like Hinako then?

I don't recall Angel having some particularly impressive feats outside the range of the series' grapplers and other generally strong folk.

For me, the differences in the jump mechanics, chaining/rushing attacks, multiple play-styles in EX/Adv, the continuous story line and the fact that the cast is incredibly grounded in reality to make them very believable, layered characters.

Well, the Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting games that inspired the series are more grounded, in a way - you could tell most of their stories without relying on superhuman abilities, mystic arts or science fiction (well, they're in continuity with the Last Blade series, which has more of the supernatural stuff, and Sokaku and the Jins in FF carry some of that with them).

For KoF, however, the fact that you usually use 3 characters against a single boss tends to require a higher power curve to justify the teamwork against the threat at hand, instead of the 1-on-1 conflicts of the other series, so you get primordial forces like the Orochi and high tech like NESTS's.
Not to mention KoF protagonists tend to have special abilities like fire wieldling, and that tends to affect its story a lot - but there are still some pretty human stories under that.

I always main the fatal fury team so im good but i would love to see Rugal show up as a secret character... one of my favorite designs... a complete 90's throwback villian out of a karate flix.

Rugal in a way is a blend of the principles that made Geese and Krauser work before him, but he manages to work well on his own.
I keep this faint hope that based on the tech involved in his boss form from 95 he might actually be behind NESTS and that boss fight was an actual clone - with Adel and Rose around turning a new leaf compared to his path, he could work were he to return to a story game, but appearing in a future dream match game seems more likely (same as Ash, really).

If Rugal retuns, as in OG Rugal, not his boss form, just give him the bloody suit snk.

When I think OG Rugal I think his 94 self, without no 98 long hair, no 98 postore or stupid musclehead grin, no nonsense and no jacket - just good old-fashioned brutal efficiency:

rugal-kof94-bust.gif

He could keep his 94 jacketed version's block damage on standing hard punches during an EX mode or something though.

Do we still expect the new hero to have an alternate color flame motif, like past heroes? K' has darkness within his flames, Ash had Green Flames.. what could be next? Yellow? Blue? A whole new element?

I hope they give the flames thing a rest though - with the likely china focus, maybe some interesting use of chi, or maybe something based on the Chinese 5 elements system (fire, wood, metal, water, earth) - which could match a character each, some maybe to be left for a following game in the story arc.

For the Ralf moving in flames, I keep imagining him attacking with a grand Bareback Vulcan style DM, with the last hit blowing away everything in the area. From the flames of total destruction, he's the only thing that "survived", walking out with that "Mission accomplished!" mumble.

Maybe they're going for something like Dynamic Kills in the Super Robot wars games, where if a special attack finishes off an opponent, the animation changes considerably for dramatic effect.

So of the lore is what is really attractive, do I just start from the first game and play the arcade/story mode of each game? Do I really have to play 14 games to be up to date?

No need to be that drastic, even if you subtract the dream match games (although some have nice nods, like the 98 intro between Chizuru and Kyo where she briefly show her Yata mirror) - the KoF anniversary site covers a lot of backstory if you check the Team Story sections for the applicable games:
http://kofaniv.snkplaymore.co.jp/english/history/index.php

For the older titles, between sites like the VGMuseum's Endings section and Youtube you can find some story bits, and there's also the SNK wiki. as a secondary source.

Occasionally stuff from outside the KoF games themselves gets mentioned, for example, in the XIII pre-match dialogs if they involve the FF or AoF cast, so if something intrigues you it's a matter of looking up info on the characters involved - look up the ones that catch your attention and it can branch from there, and feel free to ask if something's not quite clear.

Either that, or she's a sleeper agent of some sort, still working freelance with Foxy & Diana's NESTS reconstruction efforts. Which would make it pretty interesting, considering Ramon is a freelance agent, himself, that aligns himself with Vanessa's current bosses over on the Ikari side.

After the NESTS arc K' and the gang still seem to be on speaking terms with Diana, and both her and Foxy weren't exactly on good terms with NESTS's management (mostly seen in the 2000 ending) - they seem to have a more benign view of the organization than the likes of Igniz and Zero did, so even if Angel is still involved with her, that wouldn't necessarily make her a villain.

Ramon, however, has a pretty lax work ethic (XIII's story mode shows this clearly), and for all we know all he's been doing is just to stay close to Vanessa (can't blame the guy for having good taste, but he should know when to call it quits).

Krauser is a very unpopular character. He might as well be in team usa.

I don't recall major character rankings pointing in that direction - most of the distaste for any KoF character I've seen over the years has been pointed at Bao...

The characters also constantly refresh between entries. They keep some iconic tools and personalities, but they also gain entirely new tools, change and update outfits, often tied in with the storylines. Some Examples:

• Kyo's change from a normal fireball / uppercut character into one that has chain punches and more destructive abilities, all came about from him being disappointed with his strength VS his foes, and wanting to get stronger.

In Kyo's specific case, he fought Goenitz before the KoF96 tournament and lost, which drove him to revise his moves: http://kofaniv.snkplaymore.co.jp/english/history/kof96_story/index.php?num=hero

This played into the gameplay design shift between 95 and 96, where projectiles were deemphasized in favor of more mobile and close-up combat, so making sure this applied to the protagonist was a good way to drive the point across, and using the narrative to reinforce it helped the whole package.

They could go completely nuts with costumes if they want, since EVERYONE has been updated in one way or another. With 50 characters, I don't expect them to do much out of the box, costume wise... but I'd love to see team-related costume sets. Especially if they had unique animations and voice work applied to them.

If they give Terry and alternate Garou look, they'll certainly have to replace that cap-shifting animation from the trailer - it's a matter of if they'll go that extra mile this early on in their 3D experience...

Ash is forever trapped in the Phantom zone along K9999 and those chumps from kof97. Saiki was a better Ash anyway.
RIP Saiki btw

The 97 guys killed themselves to try and preserve Orochi, which may be why they didn't return when Vice and Mature did.

But nobody's deeper in the phantom zone or the SNK locker room of oblivion than Syo Kirishima, who got replaced by Kyo before the first KoF game was ever released.

5mhROpE.jpg

Finally becoming canon

Metal Slug 6 already did it when it made him the only character capable of getting up after an attack - everyone else in that game is a 1 hit point wonder. And there's the bit in KoF95 where the Ikari team is the only one that doesn't get knocked out by the gas Rugal uses to bring the tournament winners to his HQ.

Loona

I always loved how iirc that was the in-universe explanation in the KoF 97 comics for why his Galactica Phantom is strong as fuck; he does it with the arm he punched a nuke with.

Hong Kong comics, right? Those things are so over the top they can't really be taken seriously, much less as canon, but they do have their moments.

So Art of Fighting team will be Ryu and Robert. But will the third member be Yuri or Takuma? Seeing her not in the Women's Team makes me worry!

Yuri will be back with Ryo & Robert while Takuma will go back into retirement from fighting.

King & Mai will be having someone new in their team.

Hong Kong comics, right? Those things are so over the top they can't really be taken seriously, much less as canon, but they do have their moments.

Yuuuup

Remember the time they made Kasumi Kyo's love interest in 96 only to have Goenitz kill her off? lol

Loona

Yuuuup

Remember the time they made Kasumi Kyo's love interest in 96 only to have Goenitz kill her off? lol

It's funny enough to simply remember that SNK introduced Kyo's girlfriend Yuki in 97 (and apparently in the KoF: KYO RPG, Athena was sort of leaning toward him too), so the comic's writers didn't check anything with SNK themselves.

Not to mention Kasumi kinda degenerated into a really weird complex about looking for her dad that probably overrides any interest in guys by now

I thought he "just" used grenades?

Still metal as hell.

In a XIII pre-match dialog with Kyo Clark mentions the grenades on him are empty and just for show, likely the same for Ralf - he just punches people that hard, which in a setting where people toss around flames and electricity from their bodies, end up translating into literally explosive force.

TreIII

After the NESTS arc K' and the gang still seem to be on speaking terms with Diana, and both her and Foxy weren't exactly on good terms with NESTS's management (mostly seen in the 2000 ending) - they seem to have a more benign view of the organization than the likes of Igniz and Zero did, so even if Angel is still involved with her, that wouldn't necessarily make her a villain.

Ramon, however, has a pretty lax work ethic (XIII's story mode shows this clearly), and for all we know all he's been doing is just to stay close to Vanessa (can't blame the guy for having good taste, but he should know when to call it quits).

Hey, if Kensou can bother to keep trying with Athena after all these years, I say Ramon has no reason to not follow suit~!

But yeah, you're right. Even in this scenario, Angel wouldn't have to be "evil". But then again, considering Tizoc/KoD is probably only playing the part of a Rudo for the time being, and Ramon isn't what I consider to be a villainous character, I'm guessing Team Mexico is probably going to be a rather chill bunch. Hopefully, they'll have some good parts in XIV arc.

The 97 guys killed themselves to try and preserve Orochi, which may be why they didn't return when Vice and Mature did..

But even there, wasn't all the Orochi stuff in the Ash Saga pretty much a big hint that Goenitz and the CYS squad can (and probably will, sooner or later) come back, some day? Not to mention what all the paradoxes may have inadvertently caused. Besides, all Four Kings regularly place highly on popularity ranks, even though they haven't had new canon appearances in ages. Think it's only a matter of time before they and perhaps the remnants of the "Those From The Past" find their way back into the mix.

Loona

But even there, wasn't all the Orochi stuff in the Ash Saga pretty much a big hint that Goenitz and the CYS squad can (and probably will, sooner or later) come back, some day? Not to mention what all the paradoxes may have inadvertently caused. Besides, all Four Kings regularly place highly on popularity ranks, even though they haven't had new canon appearances in ages. Think it's only a matter of time before they and perhaps the remnants of the "Those From The Past" find their way back into the mix.

Goenitz kills himself in most 96 endings and CYS kill themselves on their own, so that might be a factor (well, along with the fact that Vice and Mature are easier to model off a common base).

IIRC Orochi presented itself as a spirit of the Earth kind of entity, and TFTP were not only messing around with time itself, but also trying to reduce Orochi to a power source to fuel their time displacements, which is why Vice and Mature got to return to try and stop them - having been murdered in a Riot of Blood incident instead of willingly taking their own lives, perhaps they were simply easier to dispatch than the suicidal four kings - there may be hope for them, but I don't expect them to be focused on until a story arc peaks by its 3rd game, as it happened for Iori's team mates.

That still leaves Leona's dad Gaidel, who didn't really care about the whole Orochi thing, and died a decade earlier, and Yamazaki, who's still alive but doesn't care at all.

Adnor

Banned
So I have a question about the lore of the series:

How canon is Takuma countering a satellite laser using his fireball? I love how stupid that scene is.

Flowmoney

No Seth Vanessa Blue Mary Whip or Heavy D etc sucks :(

Said this in the other thread though it wasn't roster thread.

SNK could at least do boxing team with Vanessa , Heavy D and someone else. Those were like the two coolest boxers in fighting games for me.

No Seth Vanessa Blue Mary Whip or Heavy D etc sucks :(

Said this in the other thread though it wasn't roster thread.

SNK could at least do boxing team with Vanessa , Heavy D and someone else. Those were like the two coolest boxers in fighting games for me.

There's 50 characters I'm sure you will find some new character you might like, and there's the dlc future characters and what not.

If this list ends up being true, it's going to be hard to know where to start for mains. Already have set teams from previous years ready to go, but K.O.D. and Angel, Southtown Team, Kim's Team, just a lot of tempting characters to start off with. Despite 50 characters, this could end up being a game where I won't be so hesitant to pick randoms.

For all the players feeling like they're missing vital characters to get interested in XIV, I hope you find yourself pleasantly surprised with someone out of the main roster, if your favorite doesn't end up as some sort of DLC.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Finally becoming canon
This is always what I think about in situations like that, ha, though I often forget which KoF it's from. I really like how everyone felt in 99's saga; there was something fresh and unique about the dark nature of the game's menus and surroundings, and I rather like the AST version of a lot of the themes, too.
I always loved how iirc that was the in-universe explanation in the KoF 97 comics for why his Galactica Phantom is strong as fuck; he does it with the arm he punched a nuke with.
Sounds reasonable, haha. Ralf is our super anime Rambo, turned up to 11. In a world where young street fighters can be hella tough, it makes sense that someone who'se seen real war is on a crazy overdone level.
Not to mention Kasumi kinda degenerated into a really weird complex about looking for her dad that probably overrides any interest in guys by now
The In-universe player of the classic "Where's Ryuhaku" game! I actually like the fact that, unlike most fighting game characters with father issues (Siegfried, Dan), her situation seems to be more of a comical misunderstanding.

I never seem to catch the part of the HK comics where Kasumi is killed; I've never read through them, but I think I have some US imprint of a few chapters somewhere...

...I'm always glad her death isn't something canon though. She's a fun character, one of the best counter-users in any fighter for me, and I look forward to pairing her with Leona and Elisabetty for team Blue Hair'd girls again, someday.

So I have a question about the lore of the series:

How canon is Takuma countering a satellite laser using his fireball? I love how stupid that scene is.

For all our sakes, it's the most true thing ever. KoF is glad it has old men able to do stuff like that. Young guys haven't life long enough to reflect satellite lasers!

Truly the best boxers. I really like Dudley, but Heavy D! is the one I actually will play enough to consider him a main.
Rugal in a way is a blend of the principles that made Geese and Krauser work before him, but he manages to work well on his own.
I keep this faint hope that based on the tech involved in his boss form from 95 he might actually be behind NESTS and that boss fight was an actual clone - with Adel and Rose around turning a new leaf compared to his path, he could work were he to return to a story game, but appearing in a future dream match game seems more likely (same as Ash, really).
Rugal can come back as much as he wants, especially if he brings his theme with him. Though I feel really bad that Adel hasn't been able to do more; he was a main on my brother's KoF XI teams, and I do enjoy how they fleshed he and Rose out some.

He and Rock should totally be on a "Sins of the Father" team or something...

I hope they give the flames thing a rest though - with the likely china focus, maybe some interesting use of chi, or maybe something based on the Chinese 5 elements system (fire, wood, metal, water, earth) - which could match a character each, some maybe to be left for a following game in the story arc.

Yeah, I'd be ok with them NOT having a new flame added. Water would be amazing to see done well, and it's one of few things that very few KoF characters directly use.

Maybe they're going for something like Dynamic Kills in the Super Robot wars games, where if a special attack finishes off an opponent, the animation changes considerably for dramatic effect.
I do hope so. I love how KoF XIII had a few things like that (Such as K' and Ralf having Neomax-finish poses), and it's a great way to basically give players a "selectable win pose" as a nice bonus.

In Kyo's specific case, he fought Goenitz before the KoF96 tournament and lost, which drove him to revise his moves: http://kofaniv.snkplaymore.co.jp/english/history/kof96_story/index.php?num=hero

This played into the gameplay design shift between 95 and 96, where projectiles were deemphasized in favor of more mobile and close-up combat, so making sure this applied to the protagonist was a good way to drive the point across, and using the narrative to reinforce it helped the whole package.

Yeah, I know never to take the lore discussion too far on my own, since you're aces at that aspect :) I tried to stay vague enough to not get into direct specifics.

KoF always does a good job at making new character / teams emphasize the new mechanics, I do wonder how the new hero team will do that in this game... Maybe some exclusive just-defend bonus or something?

If they give Terry and alternate Garou look, they'll certainly have to replace that cap-shifting animation from the trailer - it's a matter of if they'll go that extra mile this early on in their 3D experience...

Aye, exactly. I get the feeling so far that they're really fairly good at doing a lot of minor, personality filled unique animations efficiently. And they're also getting more solid at the big stuff. I really hope this carries over into all levels of extra content. It's a very OG SNK thing to have all these fun extras stewed about the game.

Metal Slug 6 already did it when it made him the only character capable of getting up after an attack - everyone else in that game is a 1 hit point wonder. And there's the bit in KoF95 where the Ikari team is the only one that doesn't get knocked out by the gas Rugal uses to bring the tournament winners to his HQ.

The SNK(P) Character bible must be a massive, strickly followed work. With all the different hands that worked on these games, the shifting art styles, the companies in different countries, the varied series... they do a good job of maintaining character consistency and charm.

Pachimari

For one, as hard as people say SNK motions are to come to grip with... the fact the characters share a LOT of universal tools (Rolling, hopping, Blowback attacks, command normal attacks that combo out of normal hits, full running) helps one feel less helpless when playing a variety of characters. Even the big guys have obvious aggression tools, and even those without invincible Dragon Punch style moves have an obvious "GET OFF OF ME!" move, or a quick escape.

There's also no varied health meters, like in other games. So your big defensive bruiser takes the same damage as your skinny magical girl.

There's no characters that are "designed to suck", either! "Joke" characters still have solid tools, the comedy is derived from their animations and actions, rather than giving them pathetic tools, or bad frame data.

• Kensou was losing aspects of his powers, and had to develop / train in new techniques to replace them. When his power started to show up again, he mixed his old and new tech, to come up with another variation of abilities.
  • Leona has a crazy "evil" form, and almost killed those around her because of it. Instead of this ALWAYS being a thing for her, she's actually learned to control it, and funnel that energy into her Super attacks.

The fact characters are always changing, growing, and actually affected by those around them, brings a unique interest that many other fighters have rarely attempted to tap into.
Sounds very intriguing! You put my interest on fire. I have King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match Final Edition, King of Fighter 2002 Unlimited Match Edition and King of Fighter XIII Steam Edition, so maybe I could start with one of those.

No need to be that drastic, even if you subtract the dream match games (although some have nice nods, like the 98 intro between Chizuru and Kyo where she briefly show her Yata mirror) - the KoF anniversary site covers a lot of backstory if you check the Team Story sections for the applicable games:
http://kofaniv.snkplaymore.co.jp/english/history/index.php

For the older titles, between sites like the VGMuseum's Endings section and Youtube you can find some story bits, and there's also the SNK wiki. as a secondary source.

Occasionally stuff from outside the KoF games themselves gets mentioned, for example, in the XIII pre-match dialogs if they involve the FF or AoF cast, so if something intrigues you it's a matter of looking up info on the characters involved - look up the ones that catch your attention and it can branch from there, and feel free to ask if something's not quite clear.
I am gonna check out that link you shared with me, and also VGMuseum Ending and Youtube. Thank you so much for your help.

Only if you want to. But if you really only cared about story beats, the only games that are really important "story wise" are 95, 96, 97, 99, 01, 03, XI and XIII. After that, you can play 98/02 or their UMs when you just want to play a game that has lots of characters to select from, and you can better appreciate the fanservice that goes into the various intro animations and the like.
Seeing that 98 and 2002 aren't that important, I might just start with XIII, and maybe read up on the rest.

By the way, why are the characters separated into teams? Is it because the King of Fighters is a team-based tournament or does it have other implications in the story?

And another thing is, are there Metal Slug characters in King of Fighters?

BadWolf

Sounds very intriguing! You put my interest on fire. I have King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match Final Edition, King of Fighter 2002 Unlimited Match Edition and King of Fighter XIII Steam Edition, so maybe I could start with one of those.

One thing to note is that pretty much all of the characters revealed so far for XIV that are also in XIII are gameplay-wise built using their XIII versions as the base.

So learning the characters that interest you by playing them in XIII will help you hit the ground running when XIV releases.

Not in KOF but Neo-Geo Battle Colosseum had Marco and SNK v Capcom: Chaos had Mars People from Metal Slug.

TreIII

Seeing that 98 and 2002 aren't that important, I might just start with XIII, and maybe read up on the rest.

By the way, why are the characters separated into teams? Is it because the King of Fighters is a team-based tournament or does it have other implications in the story?

XIII isn't exactly my fave KOF game, but it is certainly a competent entrant in its own right. Although, considering XIV is veering closer to the "classic" KOF feel, you still may want to try 98UM or 02UM at some point to get a feel for what KOF is truly is like, and what characters play like with their full/traditional movesets.

As for the team thing...it's both, really. The tournament is a tag team affair, but there's always interesting back stories and interactions to read about why some teams change their lineups from year to year, or even why some all-new teams formed based on common goals/interests.

The SNK Wikia and even TVtropes' KOF articles are nice little treasure troves to read up on the various story bits.

Not in KOF but Neo-Geo Battle Colosseum had Marco and SNK v Capcom: Chaos had Mars People from Metal Slug.

There's also Fio's playable appearance in MI2/Regulation A, but I guess that's a whole other can of worms.

I still liked Regulation A, though!

A.E Suggs

Maybe I will like some of the newer characters but ones that appear in most entries are not the most interesting of the bunch.

You like Vanessa and whip who were newcomers at one point, so there's a chance you will like some. That said I'm sure you like other characters especially since all you basically named were female characters...

Amedo310

I don't recall major character rankings pointing in that direction - most of the distaste for any KoF character I've seen over the years has been pointed at Bao...

Krauser was unpopular in 96 and that basically made him a stigma in the KOF series just like Team USA. There was a old article that reported that Krauser was never wanted back in the series ever again by the Japanese. I'll try to find it, but I likely have no chance since I read it around 2009 - 2010, after KOF98um came out.

Leak list makes me sad.....all I want are Rick and Gato :(. My KoF mains is usually FF team(Terry, Joe, Andy) with the occasional Ryo switch but I'm looking forward to a team of brand new characters. KoD(or Tizoc lol) looks neat and I'm definitely looking to try him out.

I refunded kof13 after I saw no Vanessa. :/

Fu Snk

Assuming this isn't a joke, you didn't check the playable roster for the game before purchasing?

And if your only in it for one character, do you realize KOF is team-based, meaning you'll have to have a team of three most times to play?

Renkax

Haven't followed the lore in KoF in a while but Leona's hair when she her SDM in the latest trailer.. Her hair didn't turn red. Does this mean she got rid of the blood?:x I wanna see her go berserk like in 98!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Haven't followed the lore in KoF in a while but Leona's hair when she her SDM in the latest trailer.. Her hair didn't turn red. Does this mean she got rid of the blood?:x I wanna see her go berserk like in 98!

th_kof2kLeona1.gif

She's been learning to control that power since then. In KoF XIII, her hair did change color with the EX Version of her DMs. It might happen here, or you might see use of it in her win poses, like shown above.

Spman2099

The lack of Vanessa is so painful. I mean, I wish Maki would make it into a Street Fighter game, but I get that no one is asking for her. Vanessa, on the other hand, is a character I constantly see people requesting. Yet SNK seems set on ignoring her. It blows my mind that she wasn't able to make a roster this huge...

Sora_N

Assuming this isn't a joke, you didn't check the playable roster for the game before purchasing?

And if your only in it for one character, do you realize KOF is team-based, meaning you'll have to have a team of three most times to play?

Yeah it was my bad for not checking but Steam does refunds so it's not a big deal.

I am serious that I am extremely disappointed that she's not in the game. She's my favourite character.

Yeah it was my bad for not checking but Steam does refunds so it's not a big deal.

I am serious that I am extremely disappointed that she's not in the game. She's my favourite character.

I'd still recommend looking into the game to see if it does appeal to you; XIII is definitely one of the best KOFs ever imo, but if your just in it for Vanessa, check out KOF02UM on Steam.

Renkax

th_kof2kLeona1.gif

She's been learning to control that power since then. In KoF XIII, her hair did change color with the EX Version of her DMs. It might happen here, or you might see use of it in her win poses, like shown above.

Hopefully that's the case. I'm excited for Kof14

Tizoc

Is it me or are there no charge characters in the game atm?
For that matter, think this'll have a Beta like how SF5 did?

On the one hand I'm glad KOF is still breathing and getting released but on the other, these new character models look completely and utterly charmless in 3D.

Zerojul

Is it me or are there no charge characters in the game atm?
For that matter, think this'll have a Beta like how SF5 did?
Netcode doesn't seem to be snk's forte so a beta couldn't hurt. Plus we could get our hands on the game sooner which would be awesome.

Tizoc

Netcode doesn't seem to be snk's forte so a beta couldn't hurt. Plus we could get our hands on the game sooner which would be awesome.

I just want to play the bloody game and Jurassic Hurricane people in laggy matches @o@

Top Bottom