• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

Amedo310

Nothing can beat Mai.

She's the only woman to make Kyo use foul language in a fighting game.

"Mai: "It might have been a tournament I didn't enter, but either way, you're officially number one in Japan in mixed martial arts. So, as the true number one, I want you to understand that. You wouldn't want to disgrace your country, would you?"

Kyo: "I sure wouldn't. So I guess I'm going to have to knock your ass out now. You leave representing Japan to me. Go sit in the audience and cheer me on as I show everyone how awesome I am!"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That one already got plenty of use in the past - I'd rather have them save that for the day when Ryuhyaku himself becomes playable - I much prefer seeing the Kyokugenryuu gang using music of their own, like their KoF94 theme or similar.
I guess it's because I'm used to that theme in KoF lol

...you know, they just need to make one more character and they could totally do a Team Todoh!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
CkFLXFIUUAAAQ-y.jpg

https://twitter.com/10yukiiro04/status/738954687680909313

Seems like everyone is getting their own exclusive themes or such, I guess? Nice to see so much art popping up for promotion, and you can bet these are all probably part of the in-game gallery...

Zetta

Playing Capcom vs Snk 2 right now and now I hope they may eventualy add Rock as a dlc character. That would be a no brainer dlc for me, been dying to play with another iteration of Rock.

BadWolf

CkFLXFIUUAAAQ-y.jpg

https://twitter.com/10yukiiro04/status/738954687680909313

Seems like everyone is getting their own exclusive themes or such, I guess? Nice to see so much art popping up for promotion, and you can bet these are all probably part of the in-game gallery...

So great to finally see them showing new 2D art.

Yeah he is young if going by the Fatal Fury universe. Put him in a Team of the Future with two others and it should be fine.

From the wiki:

Although his appearance in the 2D The King of Fighters series is highly anticipated, the KoF staff revealed that they have no plans to place him in the roster due to their respects for the old Fatal Fury staff; SNK Playmore members seem more interested in placing Rock in the next Fatal Fury installment.

The closest you will get to having Rock in KOF is probably Shun'ei.

Korigama

Wasn't expecting new promotional artwork from Hiroaki, so good to see him doing more work for SNK. And yes, it does seem that he likes to focus on Kula and K' specifically (which is fine by me).

BadWolf

Take with a grain of salt but someone on SRK is saying that it has been confirmed that the chibi blonde girl in the photo above (next to the Athena/Mai swimsuit art work) is Mian without costume.

Also, Gatoray is saying that the Japanese players have spotted a vs. CPU mode. So those people who were worried about there not being an arcade mode on the main menu can rest easy.

Very cool.

Take with a grain of salt but someone on SRK is saying that it has been confirmed that the chibi blonde girl in the photo above (next to the Athena/Mai swimsuit art work) is Mian without costume.

I think it's Sylvie out of costume. Hair is the same length and color, eyes are the same color, even has one of those little red ribbons she has in her normal outfit.

TreIII

Not likely. Maybe in the past, but not today.

SNK's more in love with characters such as Kyo, Iori, Nakoruru, Terry, Mai & Kula nowadays.

Nah, I'd say that was always the case. It was almost always those six characters (and Athena) that are most prone to be featured in promo art, extra material and the like. You'd only need to remember such things like "The Band of Fighters" to see what kind of importance SNK placed on these characters for years.

Edit: Beaten

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man, I kinda feel bad for Haohmaru lol

then again the only people he could relate to the KoF cast are Kim and Daimon

Well I sure hope NeoG didn't read any of that nonsense from the other day about the game needing to be slower. FOH with that shit.

I need to set Hein's Climax to Hit'em Up like in those thug life vines lol.

TreIII

Who is going to have a kid first. Takuma is getting impatient.

It's on Ryo, then. No matter how much Robert obviously wants to put a ring on it, Takuma won't let him. All because he's still afraid of Robert "taking advantage of Yuri". After all these years.

Amedo310

Code:
[IMG]http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n504/RunningWild1984/018.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n504/RunningWild1984/019.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n504/RunningWild1984/020.jpg[/IMG]

Robert is on some other shit.

Amedo310

Fixed to make it more true.

I remember when I was following some forums religiously to get the latest translated summaries from that series. Oh, those were the days...

I only read KOF Xenon Zero completely. K' going Orochi mode on Mukai was pretty hilarious. I tried to read the XII comics, but only got to the issue with Kyo and Iori team and Team Fatal fury were on the cover.

BadWolf

MMCafe also did a write up on the Osaka showing.

"The Sand of Musi...c!"

I think it's Sylvie out of costume. Hair is the same length and color, eyes are the same color, even has one of those little red ribbons she has in her normal outfit.

Twins pls.

Sounds like Japan is really liking the game.

Can't wait for that EVO hype:

“We have balanced KOF XIV ensuring to keep the same high level of gameplay and quality as that of KOF XIII, and are looking forward to players’ reactions!”

BadWolf

It was funny watching Frionel freak out at the new property of Chin's EX roll (it now auto-crosses up).

Also, Ralf has the following classic stuff back in XIV:

ralf-kof2002-sumo.gif

ralf-kof2002-super-slam.gif

And going by SAB CA's shot above, Yuri has her old j.CD back (in XIII her j.CD was a butt attack).

Top Bottom