• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
CnhIyIuWcAA_aX1.jpg:large

How do I Guard Cancel Roll? A lot of Gang's stuff looks like he'll get stuck in a direction for a long time. There's a lot of characters in this game that look like they're baiting GC rolls for total punishment. I have no problem with this.

manakel

I have always loved the King of Fighters series, and admittedly I was so let down when they first announced and showed the announcement video for XIV. I'm still a little disappointed about the graphics/art direction (I'm looking at you, Athena..), but I'm so excited for this game now. It's amazing how much they've been able to turn around all the bad press it was originally receiving.

Hoping for a PC release no later than Q2 2017.
What are the odds of this happening? I've pretty much given up PS4 and moved exclusively to PC gaming, but this game is making me dust it off and start console gaming again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it does come out for PC. I'll gladly double dip.

shaowebb

Holy shit you guys did you see Leona in the KOF tourney stream just a bit ago!?

Her earing has startup invulnerability! Juicebox is gonna be styling out there.

EDIT:
oooooooooooh...Meitenkun is like B Jenet meets slow projectile goodness.

That means throw the pillow and jump in multikick. Builds an offensive WALL and forces them back. I need to see what he can get in the corner because i dont just think, I KNOW I can corner folks with this guy.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It takes her like 10 min to throw the BAKUDAN anywho, so even if it really does have invuln, it'll still be punishable, lol.

Any Buffs to Leona make me happy though. (I'm sure you all know this by now.) These systems work well with her, so good stuff!

Amedo310

It takes her like 10 min to throw the BAKUDAN anywho, so even if it really does have invuln, it'll still be punishable, lol.

Any Buffs to Leona make me happy though. (I'm sure you all know this by now.) These systems work well with her, so good stuff!

69481626.jpg

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Did Kensou just do Chin's old multi-hit drunk-walk DM for his CDM?
chi-super5.gif

(TT_TT) And that corner MAX combo...

As a Chin player, I'm so proud of my Studen- My characters student! *Swig*

Did Kensou just do Chin's old multi-hit drunk-walk DM for his CDM?
chi-super5.gif

(TT_TT) And that corner MAX combo...

As a Chin player, I'm so proud of my Studen- My characters student! *Swig*

In the same way that Kyo's Climax is Saisyu's super... these kids finally learning something lol.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
KOF XIV: EVERYONE is broken in the right hands. Makes every solid player match so fun to see.

Chin pluggin' himself with fire and dancing on people was probably one of those VERY SNK things that made me find some of their stuff so incredibly cool back in the day. So stylish and different than most other games.

These matches have been quite great. New and smart stuff all around. Great showing.

Loona

Wait. But. Iori shouldn't have ever lost his flames. Right? Unless everyone still remembers what happened during the Ash Saga? Somehow?

Iori's XIII showed Iori making a choice about that while Vice and Mature commented on it and watched - between them being dead, returned from the dead and bound to Orochi, maybe they're sufficiently distant from the physical reality of things to be able to witness stuff like the Ash reboot from the outside, in a way.

Anywho, people in Chat thought Love Heart sounded like Romi Park. It'd be pretty awesome to finally have the voice of Edward Elric, Naoto from Persona, and Loran Cehack from Gundam in the KOFverse. I've always liked Kaori Horie's Yuri, I never though she sounded younge or anything... just... like Yuri, since she's been her voice since AoF2. Everyone's missing or shifted the nuances I'm used to from over the years... but guess that just means I'll have to hopefully find new ones to love.

I recall reading that Love Heart in her source games shares a voice actress with Capcom's Ruby Heart, curiously.

if you want to hear Love's original voice to compare, this channel has a lot of scenes from those pachislot games:
https://www.youtube.com/user/meemeeshion
There's a lot of cool stuff in there, despite the odd names - I bet the devs hated to have to bind that to that particular kind of game...

Wow, really? Do fans really have to ask?

The question is, through each channels is SNK actually listening?... Twitter never replies, not sure how much attention they pay to their Facebook accounts...

I guess I might really have to preoder digital to get that Geese skin despite already preordering physical.. then again, I've bought PXZ2 both physical and digital for similar reasons...

Not surprised at "No plans for a PC/Steam release". Would be a bad move to announce one now while they are focusing all the hype on the console release.

That said, I'm expecting it sometime after release!

It would be in really poor form to announce a Steam release in a panel where you have a Sony guy that bothered to cosplay as Chang.

Hearing Udon is helping with the artbook is great. Real quality product, not just some cheesy pack-in bonus.

I really hope they make the book available at a later time - I am not preordering 2 physical versions on account of being on the "wrong" continent to get certain bonuses...

Legacy controller support sounds great too. SNK X LabZero Driver? That requires actually communication between them, right? XD Did MikeZ talk to them about Netcode during the time? LoL.

Lab Zero has expressed some will in the past of working on an SNK game, although SNK themselves have never mentioned Lab Zero publically that I know of...

-There will be something in the story people won't expect.

Not sure about that, considering the multiverse stuff implied by the leak's statements on the final boss and the Another World team, not to mention other speculations from the fandom.

Speaking of which, it's interesting how Tung finally appears to have an apprentice that fights somewhat like him for once, based on what I've seen of Meitenkun.
If they were to make a twist of this, next thing you know Meitenkun could actually be past Tung (i read somewhere that's not supposed to be his real name...), on account of crazy time/multiverse shennanigans...

Anyway, looking forward to what they have in mind for the story.

I like to think that Mai getting series, as in, not on public displays for tournaments, could be a force to be reckoned with indeed - replace the fans with blades, apply actual stealth, and the difference might be like the Flash racing Superman for charity and doing it for real...

Could you imagine if it retconned Sylvie into having been on NESTS team back in 2001 instead of K9999

That seems like Nameless' role - I wonder if the ex-NESTS character will name him, and/or misremembering any details that make him seem closer to K9999...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I mean how is leonas charge time for her specials, is it like 13? accidentaly quoted the wrong post

Yeah, same charges. But she can get easy combo stuff off relativitely easy situations, so the need to do higher-execution charge loops is even lower than it was then. Her Grand Saber is Safe on block, so you can use it aggressively now. And the strong version also has the follow-up afterwards, making it easy to get to land V-Slasher out of it.

EX Earring Bakudan is also "Cheaper" under this system, where one bar can get you 2 / 4+ chances at the move. And since there's SO MANY WAYS to land damage out of it, using more meter or not, it just really benefits her.

shaowebb

I'm already seeing that Meitenkun in Max Mode is the truth. Dude's Ex Pillow coupled with normal pillows is hard to read and react to. I need to know what his jump flutter kick is like in EX during max mode.

So far the best Max Mode I've seen has to be that Mai fan bouncing and falling down that Hellpockets explained. You block it and it goes up and you CANNOT jump or push a button because its a 2 hit move and the second hit is after it bounces. You gotta block and get outta there with a run or backdash or something or Mai's coming after you. I'm betting rolls and throws will be baited hard by Mais after someone blocks max mode EX fan.

TreIII

Nakoruru Status: *Casually Flying Over Haohshokoken*

So far the best Max Mode I've seen has to be that Mai fan bouncing and falling down that Hellpockets explained. You block it and it goes up and you CANNOT jump or push a button because its a 2 hit move and the second hit is after it bounces. You gotta block and get outta there with a run or backdash or something or Mai's coming after you. I'm betting rolls and throws will be baited hard by Mais after someone blocks max mode EX fan.

Yep. Anybody who isn't familiar with Anji's "butterflies" in GGX/XX is going to have a rough time with that kind of thing.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
SNK showin' this EVO has been amazing
  • Garou port
  • KOFXIV being fire
  • KOFXIV demo

What a time to be a SNK fan!

shaowebb

No regrets buying a console for this title. I may abandon all the other stuff for this title. Its red hot fire.

Craziest thing is I'm looking at it and thinking I may just try padwarrior for once. I know it'll run my stick but the CD input has me feeling the pad. I think I may be faster with blowbacks in the middle of combos rockin pad.

shaowebb

Okay we HAVE to take the second half of the Xiao Hai vs El Rosa where we had K' vs Ramon and just highlight that whole round. It was BEYOND sick.

TreIII

It's just always so...BEAUTIFUL seeing good Ramon in action. Rare unicorns back in the day were the only other time I got to see such.

Top Bottom