• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Opening CG Cutscene

raven777

couldn't stop smiling in this scene

TornMiniatureAmericanpainthorse.gif

Scooby

I wish I could play these games on Xbox, I love this series so much but I can't afford a 2nd console.
sucks to suck :(

As someone who loves the series but has only played 1 and 2, do they come on the PS4 re-release, or is 2.5 something completely different?

It's almost as confusing to follow as the plot itself

DKHF

As someone who loves the series but has only played 1 and 2, do they come on the PS4 re-release, or is 2.5 something completely different?

It's almost as confusing to follow as the plot itself
KH1 and 2 will be in the KH1.5+2.5 PS4 release coming out in March. This release (2.8) does not have KH1 or 2 in it.

Arex

nice trailer, but I'm totally lost lol, I haven't played the other games after KH2. Need some catching up XD

bunkitz

It's dumb to not watch the opening out of fear of spoilers, right...?

Yeah, I'm totally watching it later. Can't ignore Aqua. <3

Berordn

I thought so to but i dont see the clock or the fountain square. Its can't be Cinderellas castle.

The one from the cinematic strongly resembles the typical Cinderella castle we see in the Disney intros. It's got enough of a courtyard that it could easily be hiding in there. We're also looking at it at an angle in the cinematic rather than from the front like we usually see it.

That said it's not a perfect match so who knows.

Afrocious

Can someone do me the best favor?

That part of the opening with Vanitas (after he's returned to Ventus and is controlling his body) with him smirking? Can I get that as an avatar? I need that in my life since it's so perfect.

it's so annoying this trailer isn't available to download from the se press site due to "licensing" stuff so the highest quality audio available is yt :(

they need to just pay utada/her company however much it costs to get these songs licensed properly

Abdiel

This made me misty eyed.

Bbs is tied with 2 as my favorite game in the franchise. I've been dying to see Aqua and the others get their resolution.

Can't wait.

I'd argue this, but that would mean defending Days and no one wants that.

I would put them second. Days was just a chore to get through. Hopefully kairi is redeemed because she's letting the team down. I'm hoping for a level in kh3 where you play as each trio if it's possible narratively.

Astral

Holy shit this just reminded me of that evil Sora character in BBS. I loved that guy. Just goes to show how out of the loop I am with the story and I've only not played DDD.

I thought so to but i dont see the clock or the fountain square. Its can't be Cinderellas castle.

I honestly assumed it was meant to be representative of Sleeping Beauty because one of the darknesses got deposited there (Maleficent, right?) while all of the others went to the Org XIII throne room.

I think my least favorite things about the games are the contrived reasons for characters looking like other characters. Granted I've been away from the series for a long time.

Ross61

Man, I was so sad for Aqua at the end of Birth By Sleep. She lost everything: her friends, her master, and she was trapped in the Realm of Darkness. Plus she missed her chance to escape like twice. When she teared up at the end when she learned of Sora is the first time I ever cried about a video game.

McBryBry

Alright, I'm getting hyped. I plan on getting this and the 1.5+2.5 and going through since I haven't played a KH game in years. Order to play, I'm guessing is...

KH1
Chain of Memories
358/2 Days and KH2
Birth by Sleep (prequel)
Coded
Dream Drop Distance

Then there's an Unchained X and the 0.2 right?

Alright, I'm getting hyped. I plan on getting this and the 1.5+2.5 and going through since I haven't played a KH game in years. Order to play, I'm guessing is...

KH1
Chain of Memories
358/2 Days and KH2
Birth by Sleep (prequel)
Coded
Dream Drop Distance

Then there's an Unchained X and the 0.2 right?

Yeah, just watch 358 after KH2.

Top Bottom