• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX coming to NA and Europe this Fall

If they don't record the missing KH2FM lines for english release I will strangle them. Since they have to drag all needed actors for Days anyway. (I'm not sure if Luxord, Zexion, Vexen, Demyx, Xaldin and Namine have any new voiced lines in Days tho)...

Those cars sometimes give me trouble.
Seconded
If they don't record the missing KH2FM lines for english release I will strangle them. Since they have to drag all needed actors for Days anyway. (I'm not sure if Luxord, Zexion, Vexen, Demyx, Xaldin and Namine have any new voiced lines in Days tho)...
It would make sense for them to work on the 2 games simultaneously. Sharing assets and stuff, recording voice actors, etc

Seconded

It would make sense for them to work on the 2 games simultaneously. Sharing assets and stuff, recording voice actors, etc

Too bad I have zero confidence on SE to have any brains about making the localization easy for them. The only problem might be DiZ since they changed actors. Luckily the scene is already recorded in english with Cristopher Lee in Days so I hope they can get permission to reuse that scene if they don't have all the rights ect already.

Seda

Namine's voice actor in KH2 (The first voiced game she appeared in) is different the the other games she is in. So if she has more lines in KHIIFM they might have the 'new' VA do them, having 2 different voices in the same game.

Namine's voice actor in KH2 (The first voiced game she appeared in) is different the the other games she is in. So if she has more lines in KHIIFM they might have the 'new' VA do them, having 2 different voices in the same game.
Yeah but I'll be honest, it wouldn't be nearly as much grating as having DiZ suddenly change from Cristopher Lee. I cannot even really recall a big difference in Namines VA.

I wouldn't even be against having all Namines lines redubbed if they really wanted to be consistent.

Seda

Yeah but I'll be honest, it wouldn't be nearly as much grating as having DiZ suddenly change from Cristopher Lee. I cannot even really recall a big difference in Namines VA.

I wouldn't even be against having all Namines lines redubbed if they wanted to be consistent.

I like the 'new' voice better anyway.

I like the 'new' voice better anyway.

While it's a law of nature that you can't beat Lee the new actor for DiZ is really good also. In fact he is quite good as Ansem while Lee fits better with DiZ.

Of course I'd rather always have the same actor but there has been quite a few changes already anyway. I talked about this in the other thread but it could be a small miracle if we get Nimoy to reprise his role again for KH3. Birth By Sleep was going to be his last performance but luckily he still keeps going strong. That voice is certainly something... not easily imitated.

Epcar is a step down certainly from KH1 but he has grown on me. Good actor.

Seda

While it's a law of nature that you can't beat Lee the new actor for DiZ is really good also. In fact he is quite good as Ansem while Lee fits better with DiZ.

Of course I'd rather always have the same actor but there has been quite a few changes already anyway. I talked about this in the other thread but it could be a small miracle if we get Nimoy to reprise his role again for KH3. Birth By Sleep was going to be his last performance but luckily he still keeps going strong. That voice is certainly something... not easily imitated.

If Corey Burton-voiced Ansem and Yen Sid ever come face to face...lol.

Unforunately not, the only thing you seem to unlock post-game is the Kingdom Hearts theme.

Plz tell me they didn't botch EOTW music and final boss music. The stream I was following got nuked just before the guy got there so I didn't get to hear them ;-;

Then again I don't recall any remaster being offensive so I guess there is not much to worry bout.

I think that puts it as the second highest HD remaster debut. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD still holds the crown. That's to be expected. But it still beat out Yakuza, MGS, Basara etc.

It kinda annoys me that it stands right at the spot where I cannot say if it's good or dissapointing. At least it avoided bomba status. I mean even if it's just a HD collection the last thing we need is for SE to suspect there not being a market for KH console games...

It kinda annoys me that it stands right at the spot where I cannot say if it's good or dissapointing. At least it avoided bomba status. I mean even if it's just a HD collection the last thing we need is for SE to suspect there not being a market for KH console games...

Only MH3rdHD cleared over 100k in its first week. Every other remaster is under 100k. So they should be very happy unless they had crazy expectations for the remaster.

Tsunamo

Plz tell me they didn't botch EOTW music and final boss music. The stream I was following got nuked just before the guy got there so I didn't get to hear them ;-;

Then again I don't recall any remaster being offensive so I guess there is not much to worry bout.
They didn't sound that much different from their original pieces (I'm not actually sure if they redid the normal end of the world theme and battle theme or not to be honest) but if they did they definately did the original pieces justice and didn't botch them.

They might when they release FFX and FFX-2 on the same disc for PS3 and see its sales.

(Like Solid said, this should be good news for KH consoles unless they had insane expectations)

Soriku

A wild Nomura has been spotted (he's on the bottom right):

BGc8gOJCMAAczhZ.jpg:large

Also drawing Sora:

Soriku

Not sure where else to put this, but I found this KH3D Ultimania interview.

http://www.khinsider.com/news/KH3D-Ultimania-Interviews-Translated-2602

It's from May 2012. Not sure if anyone else saw it. Some of the more interesting stuff:

— What sparked the idea to introduce the Flowmotion ability?

Nomura: I’ve been working on a few action RPGs outside of Kingdom Hearts like Final Fantasy Type-0 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII, so the first thought I had was I wanted it to clearly stand out from the others. I planned on showing that this is the direction the Kingdom Hearts series is headed. When I thought of the elements that really defined the Kingdom Hearts series, I thought of the bold sort of action that realistic characters can’t express. My idea was that with Flowmotion, you’d be able to jump to impossible heights in comparison to how you could jump in the previous titles.— It seemed that the Flowmotion system might dishevel the game’s balance, but there was a lot of attention put towards regulating it.

— It seemed that the Flowmotion system might dishevel the game’s balance, but there was a lot of attention put towards regulating it.

Nomura: Well, the staff really didn’t like it. (Laughs.) If the character could make a huge jump freely, then there is no telling where he’d go. Since you had to deal with every action the player made, the opinion coming forth in the beginning was that it was difficult. But since I explained to the staff that this was the sort of direction Kingdom Hearts was going, we did it anyways.

— In the games prior to this one, there were treasure chests you couldn’t reach until you had obtained High Jump, but this time it seems you can take just about all the treasure using Flowmotion.

Nomura: It makes things interesting, doesn’t it? Flowmotion is designed to take over the movement if you don’t control it, but if you’re able to use it well, you can obtain the treasure chests without needing the High Jump ability. It’s a different style compared to the regular Kingdom Hearts games, which I think is one of the system’s charms. I thought it’d be better this way rather than making it boring with restricted actions.

People were complaining about the balance with Flowmotion (like, getting chests too easily) but Nomura wanted it that way lol. I'm not sure if he's going to balance it much in KH3.

— For the title KH3D, we thought it was very clever how the ’3D’ doesn’t just stand for ‘three-dimensional’, but also for the first letter of each of the three words in the subtitle.

Nomura: I thought of making it ’3D’ with three D’s early on. However, while I was able to settle on ‘Dream’ and ‘Drop’ smoothly, the last one just wouldn’t come to me. When we were at the point where we had a scenario, ‘Distance’ occurred to me from the distance between Sora and Riku, on the verge of meeting but unable to. There’s one more unsaid meaning behind deciding on ‘Distance’, and that is the distance between ’3D’ and the number 3 itself.

Didn't know what the whole title meant; now I know.

— The scene after the final battle where you get three multiple choice questions is a condition for unlocking the secret movie. That’s a system that hasn’t been used in the series up until now, isn’t it?

Nomura: The truth is, we put that condition in as a trap. With only the same conditions as always, being able to view it condition-free if you clear the game on Proud Mode or having it unlock when you collect a certain number of trophies like up until now, there are some people who end up only playing to see the secret movie. That’s fine, but even if people are solving it quickly I still want there to be a puzzle to solve. Having said that, it’s very easy to choose the right ones. The correct answers all have ‘important’ in them. I wanted to make it so that you can solve it if you notice the regularity, and also I would have been in trouble if I had forgotten it myself, so I went with that. (Laughs.)

Interesting that they actually made the questions a trap. I wonder if there's a secret ending in KH3, there'll be something even more elaborate?

— Are there any Disney titles you’d like to see appear in the future of the series?

Nomura: I wish and wish, but I’ve wanted for a long time to have Pixar titles appear in the series. I’m already working on many ideas, but I can’t say whether they will become a reality or not.

Seems Nomura wants Pixar as much as everyone else. But it sounds like he's having trouble getting their worlds in the games? License issues? Don't know, but I really hope they make it in KH3.

— Pixar has many wonderful titles, and we’d love to see them appear. Finally, when will next play a new Kingdom Hearts game?

Nomura: I still can’t say when, but various developments have already started regarding a new title in the Kingdom Hearts series.

— More than one?!

Nomura: I am sure we’ll be able to make some kind of announcement when the time is right, so in the meantime I’d like you to keep playing KH3D. There’s a high degree of freedom in the play style and the story is full of mysteries, so I would be very pleased if you tried playing on a high level of difficulty and investigating the plot. Also, the mini game ‘Flick Rush’ is pretty exciting, so please give it a try.

I'm assuming "new KH game" means KH3, not the Remixes. If it is, they've been working on it (to some extent) since before May 2012, so a year ago or so.

Also some other stuff of note: Nomura only designed the Meow Wow Dream Eater; his team designed the rest. Also, though this is kinda obvious, the story in KH 3D was more about Riku's growth than Sora.

Exentryk

— Pixar has many wonderful titles, and we’d love to see them appear. Finally, when will next play a new Kingdom Hearts game?

Nomura: I still can’t say when, but various developments have already started regarding a new title in the Kingdom Hearts series.

I does seem like KH3. I don't understand how they could have been working on it since last year, as the Versus team themselves were busy with XIV, let alone Versus, and the Osaka team were doing KHHDs.
Maybe he means some very basic conceptual work?

I does seem like KH3. I don't understand how they could have been working on it since last year, as the Versus team themselves were busy with XIV, let alone Versus, and the Osaka team were doing KHHDs.

Another case of SE taking too much on their plate. For gods sake finish existing projects and then start others.

Soriku

I don't think all of Osaka worked/will work on 1.5 Remix/2.5 Remix. 1.5 started off with 2 Osaka programmers then they got 3 more from Osaka then also added a "large number" of planners of designers from Osaka and the Tokyo/Versus team, whatever that amounts to.

Also I found the Sephiroth and Unknown battles on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv_y73u0bzc

The choir in One Winged Angel is incredible thanks to the remastered soundtrack. I really need to hear the remastered KH2 version, which is the best version of Sephiroth's theme IMO. On that note, here's a link to some uploaded tracks from the soundtrack:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhcSrKyqhfh62PULzXnybRJVhBZSbEYVe

Another case of SE taking too much on their plate. For gods sake finish existing projects and then start others.

Some people are free; no reason not to have them start working on a new project, particularly if that one is KH3.

Not sure where else to put this, but I found this KH3D Ultimania interview.

http://www.khinsider.com/news/KH3D-Ultimania-Interviews-Translated-2602

It's from May 2012. Not sure if anyone else saw it. Some of the more interesting stuff:

People were complaining about the balance with Flowmotion (like, getting chests too easily) but Nomura wanted it that way lol. I'm not sure if he's going to balance it much in KH3.

Didn't know what the whole title meant; now I know.

Interesting that they actually made the questions a trap. I wonder if there's a secret ending in KH3, there'll be something even more elaborate?

Seems Nomura wants Pixar as much as everyone else. But it sounds like he's having trouble getting their worlds in the games? License issues? Don't know, but I really hope they make it in KH3.

I'm assuming "new KH game" means KH3, not the Remixes. If it is, they've been working on it (to some extent) since before May 2012, so a year ago or so.

Also some other stuff of note: Nomura only designed the Meow Wow Dream Eater; his team designed the rest. Also, though this is kinda obvious, the story in KH 3D was more about Riku's growth than Sora.
Agh, those quotes about FlowMotion. Seems more obvious than ever that the infinite walljumping was forced in *after* the levels were designed.

Top Bottom