• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX coming to NA and Europe this Fall

LiK

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/25/kingdom-hearts-hd-1-5-remix-coming-to-ps3-this-fall/

We’re proud to announce the upcoming release of KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX for North America! The young Sora wields the magical keyblade in search of his lost friends, making new ones with Disney’s Goofy and Donald along the way. The story continues through classic Disney stories like Aladdin, Hercules, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, and The Nightmare Before Christmas. Utilizing RPG mechanics and gaining new exploratory powers throughout his adventure, Sora solidified himself as a starry-eyed hero that bridged Disney classics with a unique overarching story of friendship and courage. This classic hit comes in breathtaking HD with various gameplay enhancements, and is exclusively available for the first time on PlayStation 3 this fall.

Sora’s adventures took a dramatic turn with his journey into the mysterious Castle Oblivion in KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories. These events revealed some of the hidden intentions behind the shadowy Organization XIII. Their movements and the training of one notable character in the series, Roxas, are detailed even further in stunning HD visuals through the cinematic scenes of KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days.

All of this is included with full Trophy support in one spectacular release. Plus, KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX includes the once-exclusive KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX content, like new enemies, weapons, abilities, cutscenes, missions and more!

Can't wait. I'm still looking forward to hearing if the Japanese release of this contains any minor hints toward a 2.5 remix.

Fall seems a bit more far off than I would have imagined.

No excuse not to bring over/translate the KH1 Final Mix content now, though.

Any confirmation of final mix content?
It would be far more work to strip it back out of the game. The absurdity of doing so is all the confirmation we need, to be honest. The Final Mix content requires barely any additional localization.

Welp there goes my plan of clearing out my PS3 backlog before I get my PS4.

couldn't have summed up my situation better

trying to get rid of everything, and the further through the year it goes the more games get added, darn, maybe i'll be getting an ps3 in about 3 years then

pretty excited for kingdom hearts, i never played it at the time but was always interested, tried the psp one but it didn't do it for me, however think that was more my aversion to playing portable games than to kingdom hearts,

square + disney + hd = excitable me

Fuckin fall. I swear SE you suck so m
Plus, KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX includes the once-exclusive KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX content, like new enemies, weapons, abilities, cutscenes, missions and more!
ALL IS FORGIVEN! PS3 WHY MUST YOU BE SO CUTE AND AWESOME *hugs PS3*

1e6u1i.jpg

22huol.jpg

34muft.jpg

4oiubh.jpg

5kpuxi.jpg

66qugl.jpg

7u5ute.jpg

8kuuu8.jpg

946uu6.jpg

http://www.4gamer.net/games/185/G018529/20130221032/

Vanille

Fall is unexpected. Would have thought this would be a lock for summer to avoid going up against Lightning Returns.

Aru

That's quite a far release for a game already translated and voiced. I know they are voicing the 358/2 days cutscenes, but still...

Doomrider

Improved camera control and reaction commands are gonna do wonders for KH. And I love me some Marluxia, so I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of this.

Gotta say I'm more excited for the superior 2.5, though.

Jarnet87

I've still got my copy of KH1 for PS2, think I'll pass on playing a HD version and a side story for $60. Maybe if it was both KH1 and 2 I'd consider it.

Famassu

Maybe they can finally work on something else now also.
Two persons handled the coding-side of this. Not sure where you get the silly idea that this has caused them to not be able to work on other projects.

Though, a Fall release. >: ( I mean, I guess they do have quite a lot of localizing (Re:CoM was never released in Europe so there's shittons of localization for a few of the European languages alone, then there's the completely new Days "movie" + some additional localization for KH1's Final Mix content), but I expected it to arrive much earlier.

Not only that, such a huge gap between the Japanese release when the majority of localization was already available...
Not for Europe. Re:CoM needs to be localized from scratch in Europe for a few different languages, same goes for the Days movie. That's quite a lot of localization. KH1 is the only thing that doesn't need much localization.

Yuripaw

Banned
I really feel like this is a long fucking time to wait for some upscaled ports of old games. And seriously? what the fuck is with these companies ALWAYS releasing games in the fucking fall?! there are other months in the year that gamers would be happy to give you their money. I doubt in the midst of next gen craze, and whatever big holiday game NEW releases are coming out that some HD remakes of old games will be that appealing! Release this shit in the spring or summer for crying out loud.

RPGCrazied

Finally. Now just need a real date so I can preorder. When does fall start? :p Its too early here, forgive me.

I can't believe I'm so close to playing the Final Mix version, though isn't the Final Mix of the 2nd game much better? I don't think a lot was added to the FM of Kingdom Hearts 1. Anyway, day 0 for me.

Santar

Great that we have a release window as the first kingdom Hearts is one of my favorite games, but releasing a ps3 only game so close to the ps4 launch just feels like a bad move.

Would really have preferred they had released it on the ps4 instead. And what's going to happen to the grand plan of having the whole series collected on one console now? Are they really going to release the part 2 of this collection only on ps3 as well?

Top Bottom