• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX coming to NA and Europe this Fall

Seda

Finally. Now just need a real date so I can preorder. When does fall start? :p Its too early here, forgive me.

I can't believe I'm so close to playing the Final Mix version, though isn't the Final Mix of the 2nd game much better? I don't think a lot was added to the FM of Kingdom Hearts 1. Anyway, day 0 for me.

Probably September at earliest. And yeah Final MiX content of KH is not a whole lot unlike KH 2.

Releasing a ps3 only game so close to the ps4 launch just feels like a bad move. Would really have preferred they had released it on the ps4 instead. And what's going to happen to the grand plan of having the whole series collected on one console now? Are they really going to release the part 2 of this collection oly on ps3 as well?

My guess is both 1.5 and 2.5 will be PS3 and 3 will be a while later on PS4.

RPGCrazied

Probably September at earliest. And yeah Final MiX content of KH is not a whole lot unlike KH 2.

My guess is both 1.5 and 2.5 will be PS3 and 3 will be a while later on PS4.

Ouch. That does seem pretty far away. I don't understand why it needs to take so long. I thought we were over the Japanese to English translation wait time? Especially from SE, there is no excuse, they should have worked on the English version along with the Japanese version to release it the same day worldwide.

Who wants to bet this is $60? Isn't this SE's first HD set?

Finally. Now just need a real date so I can preorder. When does fall start? :p Its too early here, forgive me.

I can't believe I'm so close to playing the Final Mix version, though isn't the Final Mix of the 2nd game much better? I don't think a lot was added to the FM of Kingdom Hearts 1. Anyway, day 0 for me.
  • In addition to HD visuals, there are some changes with the character models and textures.
  • You use the right analog stick for camera controls. R3 reverts the camera to default position.
  • A custom theme is available once you finish the game.
  • New abilities: EXP 0 (nullifies experience's gain) and Combo Master (lets you perform combos with interruption).
  • Some special actions like "Talk" are utilized with triangle.
  • Around 10 new heartless.
  • English voices are reverted back to Japanese voices.
  • Old heartless have their designs changed.
  • Magic and Summon are each given a separate command.
  • 2 new weapons for each of the characters.
  • Trophy support.
  • 10 new abilities.
  • New difficulty setting.
  • A bunch of new cut-scenes.
  • Option to skip cut-scenes (locked until you've got to see the cut-scene once).
  • Keyblade balance changes.
  • New version of Dearly Beloved.
  • Character balance changes (Sora loses STR & DEF, but has more AP).
  • Around 10 new accessories were added.
  • Item Synthesis has been expanded.
  • New Ansem reports.
  • New optional boss battle.
  • New Gummi stuff.
  • 1.5 HD's additions.
  • Final Mix's additions.
But yeah KH2FM is more meaty, especially since western release of KH1 had some bonuses already that jap version only got with FM. It does have some cool stuff tho and definately looking foreward to finally gettin mah hands on it.

will it have japanese voices?
I really doubt it.

Famassu

Great that we have a release window as the first kingdom Hearts is one of my favorite games, but releasing a ps3 only game so close to the ps4 launch just feels like a bad move.

Would really have preferred they had released it on the ps4 instead. And what's going to happen to the grand plan of having the whole series collected on one console now? Are they really going to release the part 2 of this collection only on ps3 as well?
PS3 doesn't suddenly die the minute PS4 is out. Plenty of successful PS2 games were still released near and after PS3's launch.

Endless

1361803238-4645kh15-keyart.jpg

Soriku

They really couldn't get this out this Summer?

Anyway, I kinda agree that it is funny putting these Remixes on PS3 before KH3, especially since PS4 isn't BC
unless KH3 is a PS3 game lolol
. But no complaints here.

McNum

Yay, Kingdom Hearts in 60Hz for Europe! Oh, and there's some final mix thing, too. And some bonus games, I suppose.

I mean, they wouldn't be dumb enough to slow Kingdom Hearts down again just so it could be like the original poor port, would they?

Aru

Two persons handled the coding-side of this. Not sure where you get the silly idea that this has caused them to not be able to work on other projects.

Though, a Fall release. >: ( I mean, I guess they do have quite a lot of localizing (Re:CoM was never released in Europe so there's shittons of localization for a few of the European languages alone, then there's the completely new Days "movie" + some additional localization for KH1's Final Mix content), but I expected it to arrive much earlier.

Not for Europe. Re:CoM needs to be localized from scratch in Europe for a few different languages, same goes for the Days movie. That's quite a lot of localization. KH1 is the only thing that doesn't need much localization.

CoM was already translated in the main european languages. They already have that to begin with. All they have to do is translating the new stuff from Re:CoM. I know we didn't get Re:CoM, but they should be able to use the text that was already translated.
They probably won't voice the games in French, German and Spanish.

Yay, Kingdom Hearts in 60Hz for Europe! Oh, and there's some final mix thing, too. And some bonus games, I suppose.

I mean, they wouldn't be dumb enough to slow Kingdom Hearts down again just so it could be like the original poor port, would they?

If it was 50hz it wouldn't be a HD port :lol.

Soriku

At this point I wonder how they're going to handle 2.5 ReMIX.

Probably no different from 1.5. And hopefully it's the last one and they don't make a 0.5 or whatever. Though having KH2 FM + BBS FM + redoing Recoded cutscenes + I guess DDD too seems like a bit much. Maybe they'll cut out Recoded?

Probably no different from 1.5. And hopefully it's the last one and they don't make a 0.5 or whatever. Though having KH2 FM + BBS FM + redoing Recoded cutscenes + I guess DDD too seems like a bit much. Maybe they'll cut out Recoded?

I REALLY doubt they would bother with Coded. They could like add the few scenes that matter and thats it. DDD needs to be added if they want to tell the whole story in these collections.

I hope that the Final Mix stuff coming over sets a precedent for any other potential HD ports from Square to get the same treatment in the future.

I REALLY doubt they would bother with Coded. They could like add the few scenes that matter and thats it. DDD needs to be added if they want to tell the whole story in these collections.

They should just give Re:Coded the text summary treatment it got in KH3D and call it a day.

Jubern

A little late for me, since I live in Japan. I might just double dip if the French dub gets back though, for nostalgia purposes.

Only two more weeks...

edit > Just checked Square Enix France's facebook and they're saying Kingdom Hearts 1 will be entirely in French like the original release, but that the other ones will be in English... Better than nothing :/

I hope that the Final Mix stuff coming over sets a precedent for any other potential HD ports from Square to get the same treatment in the future.

Well FFX already had international content fully translated to all languages so thats a no brainer. Possible FFX-2 and FFXII are a different story tho...

I guess we can expect the final mixes of KH2 (and BBS?) to be translated since they bothered with this one.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
A little late for me, since I live in Japan. I might just double dip if the French dub gets back though, for nostalgia purposes.

Only two more weeks...

Because of the gap between release, I'll just play the JP version for now.

But yeah KH2FM is more meaty, especially since western release of KH1 had some bonuses already that jap version only got with FM. It does have some cool stuff tho and definately looking foreward to finally gettin mah hands on it.

oh man, new version of dearly beloved? how did i miss this??

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Marche90

While this does nothing for me (I don't have a PS3), a friend of mine will go bonkers over this announcement.

Nice that we are FINALLY getting a Final Mix here, even if it is only the one of the first game. How late was that? 10 years? ._.

TriGen

Was interested in this, but I'll probably pass now. By that time I'll need to spend my gaming-budget on two new consoles and games for that. Hope it turns out good though, maybe down the line after my wallet breathes I can get this since I plan to keep my PS3 around in a tote or something -- busting it back out for a KH1 session sounds alright.

Neato. Will pick up at some point, since my copy of KH1 has mysteriously vanished.

Nice that we are FINALLY getting a Final Mix here, even if it is only the one of the first game. How late was that? 10 years? ._.

They said we'd never get a FM, but we did!... a decade after it was relevant.

Top Bottom