• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX coming to NA and Europe this Fall

How much easier would it be to code for PS4 vs coding the PS3 right now? Surely SE would be smart enough to put KH3 on the easiest console to code for.

Seda

How much easier would it be to code for PS4 vs coding the PS3 right now? Surely SE would be smart enough to put KH3 on the easiest console to code for.

Considering KH3 will probably not be coming out until Fall 2015 at the very earliest... I'm not sure....I have no issue with games being released on "old gen" consoles for a few years into a console cycle, but in the PS4s third Autumn season? I would think it would have to be PS4 at that point.

I knew it was coming over but it's still nice to have confirmation.

Now to wait for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5, I think it's going to be announced sometime around May to be released in September in Japan, hopefully before christmas in the west.

Kingdom Hearts 3 (if it ever happens) is Ps4 for sure at this point.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Still don't get why people think you'd get KH 2 and BBS in a potential KH 2.5 release. Storywise that doesn't quite jell. It'd probably be KH 2 FM, RE:Coded HD, and cutscenes from DDD and a separate BBS HD release.

I'm so excited! I can't wait until it's in my hands.

I just hope that 2.5 HD will be announced soon. KH II FM was the best version, no doubt.

LycanXIII

Still don't get why people think you'd get KH 2 and BBS in a potential KH 2.5 release. Storywise that doesn't quite jell. It'd probably be KH 2 FM, RE:Coded HD, and cutscenes from DDD and a separate BBS HD release.

Who the hell wants Re:Coded on consoles? If Re:Coded is including in anything, it would be cutscenes.

How does that not work? KH2FM has a pretty hefty amount of foreshadowing for BBS, so it's not like it wouldn't mesh well in a collection together, at least from a story standpoint.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One of the few games that makes relative sense and is completely self contained is in this collection. It's called Kingdom Hearts. It's a fairly dumb story but at least it all (more or less) makes sense. The rest is downhill from there.

How does that not work? KH2FM has a pretty hefty amount of foreshadowing for BBS, so it's not like it wouldn't mesh well in a collection together, at least from a story standpoint.

Yeah.

Links between KH2FM and BBS:

-Xehanorts past
-Xemnas's quest to find Ventus
-Braig and Xigbar characters. Xigbar mentions his past twice.
-Aquas armor is seen.
-Lingering Will
-Links between Roxas and Ventus
-Ansem the Wise
-KH2FM Secret ending
-Birth By Sleep secret ending

The two games are linked quite enough. If they can do a collection where KH2 and Days are separate then BBS+KH2 certainly goes.

Blizzje

What can we expect from the Japanese version? I guess we'll be able to select English voiceover with Japanese subtitles, with menu's and conversations without speech in Japanese text.

Fall is a long time to wait. If this is released digitally, I may double dip and get the Japanese version from PSN. Why no physical copy? Because I payed importing tax out the ass the last time I ordered something from Play-Asia and friends.

Looks like I'll finally be able to play KH 1 and actually beat it! I have the first one PS2 but it gives me motion sickness (I think since it's so fucking stretched on my TV) :(

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm so glad Square isn't removing the Final Mix content from the US and EU versions. I'm really really looking forward to playing it this fall. (FALL?! :/)

Seda

I knew it was coming over but it's still nice to have confirmation.

Now to wait for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5, I think it's going to be announced sometime around May to be released in September in Japan, hopefully before christmas in the west.

Kingdom Hearts 3 (if it ever happens) is Ps4 for sure at this point.

Expecting both remakes this year? Now that's optimism.

I'm totally conflicted.

On one hand I want this badly.

On the other hand I already have a hefty backlog and will probably be considering if not have already purchased a PS4 which will have a bunch of games I'll want more than this.

Fall is a long time to wait. If this is released digitally, I may double dip and get the Japanese version from PSN. Why no physical copy? Because I payed importing tax out the ass the last time I ordered something from Play-Asia and friends.

I really doubt that this is going to get a digital release, at least going by Square's history with digital distribution.

They are being re-released in release date order. Also as many others have said there are a lot of links between KH2 and BBS. Those two are sure to show up on 2.5

I think that the other will be Re:coded scenes, DDD was released way too early for a remaster.
Unless they go the Revelaitons way, but does S-E have enough resources to do that?

Expecting both remakes this year? Now that's optimism.

You're right, it's too much of a stretch :p
Do we know how long those 2 programmers have been working on 1.5?

Jubern

What can we expect from the Japanese version? I guess we'll be able to select English voiceover with Japanese subtitles, with menu's and conversations without speech in Japanese text.

Yeah, that's probably going to be it. We'll know for sure in two weeks but no one should expect English text from this... The only time they bothered was FFX Int.

1e6u1i.jpg

Pretty good news, I can finally play the game that started it all and have some of the story set since Ive only played Chain of Memories, one hour of BBS, and about 40 minutes of DDD. Hopefully the story delivers.

LycanXIII

Good thing exisiting PS3s won't magically vanish!

And hopefully those of us without PS3s can get them for cheap by then!

But seriously though, I wish this was multiplatform. Not just because I only have a 360, but so the consumer base would be so much larger, and maybe they'd realize how many people are ready for KH3.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Marketing? SE doesn't have much else for the Fall? No idea...

Perhaps they're trying to increase the profit for the Fall/Winter quarter by releasing both LR and this game. This logic would sort of make sense if they're expecting LR to not sell relatively well.

EDIT: Trying to buffer that quarter in short.

EDIT2: I also think that they're is going to be next to no marketing for this game. Seriously.

Esura

Banned
Is there even a coherent story to these games anymore? Or do people just play the games for the FF/Disney characters and settings?

Yes there is a coherent story to these games. Story makes sense to me. I pretty much only play the series for it's story and gameplay. Used to be for the FF characters as well until they started weeding them out.

Seda

At least for Japan.

I actually can believe that a 1.5 for Spring and 2.5 for Fall in Japan this year is not totally unlikely, my comment was mostly directly towards the 'before Christmas in the US' wishful thinking (that would be great).

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Can't say I care much for the story other than to see how it executes its final act. I enjoyed KH1's story but beyond that... ehh.... Oh. BbS was pretty enjoyable as well.

I actually can believe that a 1.5 for Spring and 2.5 for Fall in Japan this year is not totally unlikely, my comment was mostly directly towards the 'before Christmas in the US' wishful thinking (that would be great).

Well... assuming they're gonna do 0.5 as well, 2.5 would only include KH2FM and Re:Coded. Right? And then 0.5 would include BbS and 3D. That's not a lot of content to put in so 2.5 is definitely possible.

LycanXIII

What I'm really looking forward to is the reworked controls. I decided to start a new playthrough last night, and the controls are just awful IMO.

Seda

I've never have had control issues for Kingdom Hearts. Then again, I don't recall a single game where I've ever had control issues.

Well... assuming they're gonna do 0.5 as well, 2.5 would only include KH2FM and Re:Coded. Right? And then 0.5 would include BbS and 3D. That's not a lot of content to put in so 2.5 is definitely possible.

I doubt a 0.5.

2.5 will be KH2FM, KHBBSFM, and cutscenes from KHDDD. re:coded - while it is a fun game - I don't think will see any HD treatment. If anything, the secret cutscene at the end only (which is the set up for DDD)

Top Bottom