• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX coming to NA and Europe this Fall

Famassu

It's probably a good thing too. There's a reason why the Final Mix versions have the English dubs...

BBS Vol 2 was cancelled already. They understood that they need to bring the games back to consoles, so they scrapped whatever (little) they had of it and moved straight to the build-up to KHIII in DDD. At least that's the impression I've gotten.

klee123

Guess I'll be getting this then. I actually bought the PS2 games back then when they were cheap, but didn't have chance to open then.

Guess I have a good excuse now since it's actually in HD.

DasMarcos

Banned
KH is one of my most cherished game franchises and I can't wait for this HD release! I'll be there day one to support such a fantastic piece of software once again.

It's probably a good thing too. There's a reason why the Final Mix versions have the English dubs...

BBS Vol 2 was cancelled already. They understood that they need to bring the games back to consoles, so they scrapped whatever (little) they had of it and moved straight to the build-up to KHIII in DDD. At least that's the impression I've gotten.

Thinking that it was most likely aimed to be released on PS Vita is fearful enough...

I remember them saying that it was time for Kingdom Hearts to come back to home consoles and that BBS Vol 2 was something more of a long term. I'll search for the article now.

EDIT: found it, apprently it never even existed....

From KH DDD Ultimania:

At the end of the secret movie for KHBBSFM, an interesting message that said ‘Birth by Sleep -Volume Two’ appeared. Is there a chance that a KHBBS2 will be appearing?

Nomura: It seems that many people thought that, but during that movie there were the words ‘A fragmentary passage’, weren’t there? That means a ‘bits and pieces of something whole’. In short, a story for ‘Volume Two’ exists that ought to be told, but the story cuts off with those scenes. Because of that, I won’t say there is absolutely no chance that we will produce a title to follow KHBBS , but there are no plans as of now.

Plus something else incredibly interesting might have died forever...

In an interview in the KH Days Ultimania, you said "I'm thinking of a mystery KH that made the producer go 'what??'". Was that KH3D?

Nomura: No, it wasn’t. I originally planned to make that after KHBBS, but we ended up making KH3D and the project was stopped. It’s a shame, but we won’t be starting that project again.

Why? Other than maybe a couple of characters, the Japanese dub is way inferior to the English ones.

Because I want to see by myself. I've played KH1 three times already, and trophies and jp dubbing would make me play it again. Just trophies? Nah, I won't bother.

Aeana

I've never been particularly fond of the Japanese voices for Disney characters, and that has always kept me from playing any KH game in Japanese.

Famassu

Because I want to see by myself. I've played KH1 three times already, and trophies and jp dubbing would make me play it again. Just trophies? Nah, I won't bother.
I'd think some added content + improved gameplay would be reason enough to play the game again, certainly better than suffering through some of the Japanese dubbing. :S

I'd think some added content + improved gameplay would be reason enough to play the game again, certainly better than suffering through some of the Japanese dubbing. :S

"Improved gameplay" like the shit-fest that is KH2? Because if it is I won't even consider importing this crap.

Zoe

I've never been particularly fond of the Japanese voices for Disney characters, and that has always kept me from playing any KH game in Japanese.

I don't necessarily want to hear the Japanese voices for the Disney characters, but it would have made the game feel like more of a new experience.

I always found Japanese Hades to be eerily hilarious because it almost sounds like James Woods speaking Japanese.

"Improved gameplay" like the shit-fest that is KH2? Because if it is I won't even consider importing this crap.

Nothing that dramatic, just special attacks being mapped to a button instead of having to navigate the command menu to use it.

Seda

I believe all that entails is camera moved to the other analog stick and abilities like Ars Arcanium being moved to the Triangle button rather than having to scroll down the command list.

Nothing that dramatic, just special attacks being mapped to a button instead of having to navigate the command menu to use it.

Oh, that's nice. I never actually used those because I thought that was annoying.

I believe all that entails is camera moved to the other analog stick and abilities like Ars Arcanium being moved to the Triangle button rather than having to scroll down the command list.

I don't remember having many problems with the camera, but that's good too I guess.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I don't understand why people are trying to justify the lack of Japanese dub by down-playing it. It's actually really good.

Ugh Fall. That's inexcusable considering that they are coming out in less than a month in Japan. The games are already 90% translated...

Oh well, I just am so excited to play this on my new HDTV with trophy support. I already own every Kingdom Hearts Final Mix title, so I'm not missing the new content, fortunately. But the games just look terrible on my HDTV...

Berordn

I don't understand why people are trying to justify the lack of Japanese dub by down-playing it. It's actually really good.

The funny thing about personal preference is that it varies from person to person. I'm not a big fan of it and the Disney voices (at least for the Mickey Mouse universe characters) really rub me the wrong way.

Who cares about the Japanese dub anyways? If you care so much just look on Youtube. KH is one series where the English voices are for the most part infinitely superior.

MAtgS

One can only hope, but the info I dug up earlier doesn't leave too much chance... :(
The whole ".5" thing started with the teaser for BBSv2, that's a pretty strong clue to me that while v2 was cancelled as a standalone title, it'll get resurrected for the HD collections. Though whether that resurrection includes an actual game or just cutscenes I'm uncertain.

Rocky

Banned
throwing-money-away_zzej64.gif

Because it's not a crapped out port but actually a very good overall package that improves & refines games that are 5 to (over) 10 years old?

I'm talking about SE USA, not SE Japan. They haven't shown the respect that SE Japan has to the games. They just can't bother to even add jp dubbing that's already done.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm talking about SE USA, not SE Japan. They haven't shown the respect that SE Japan has to the games. They just can't bother to even add jp dubbing that's already done.

I don't think you understand how voice acting and its inclusion in video games work, particularly dual audio...

I don't think you understand how voice acting and its inclusion in video games work, particularly dual audio...

Too bad I don't, but I've played games with dual audio before, and this game will have dual audio in the jp release, so the US one is a lazy port to me. Don't you think SE should but a bit more effort in this? It's not like they are releasing many good games these days, so they could at least show they care.

This has to come out on the PS4 PSN store, right? I don't care that the PS4 doesn't have BC with the PS3, but it will affect my buying habits of PS3 games from this point forward.

Tagg9

This has to come out on the PS4 PSN store, right? I don't care that the PS4 doesn't have BC with the PS3, but it will affect my buying habits of PS3 games from this point forward.

They'd have to substantially change the code to get it working on the PS4 in any form. Putting it up on PSN doesn't make it any more portable than a disc.

Seda

Does the JPN release have English audio? I thought they said it was being changed back for this release.

@LycanXIII I believe KH1 FM was only dubbed in English for Japan, as well as most of KH2FM except new scenes were in Japanese.

Top Bottom