• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

kizuna (Wii) screens

Why has no one ripped the songs from the website yet?!

And there are some post updates as you can see in the news update list. Can someone translate them please?

wsippel

Banned
Kenka said:
They dropped the awesome art style of the former screenshots :(
Looks like it. That would be really stupid. Unless the original style was actually too busy in motion or something.

Kind of hard to see on this short, low quality vid, but yeah, the filter's indeed still there. Just look at the character's armor in the very last scene.

By the way, figured there were people interested in the official site's BGMs in downloadable form :

BGM 1
BGM 2
BGM 3
BGM 4
BGM 5

Stormbringer said:
Kind of hard to see on this short, low quality vid, but yeah, the filter's indeed still there. Just look at the character's armor in the very last scene.

By the way, figured there were people interested in the official site's BGMs in downloadable form :

BGM 1
BGM 2
BGM 3
BGM 4
BGM 5

Thanks a lot for those! :D

How did you download them off the site anyway?

BTW, are you able to provide the link to the original, full quality trailer in downloadable form?

Look what I found:

3314037557_eb47c62d37_b.jpg

515Np9NTL5L.jpg

41OCr6yTIFL.jpg

51zbQgQqB7L.jpg

51ptDY351hL.jpg

As I did with Sonic and the Black Knight's NA box, I used that zoom function and cut out and pasted each piece of the artwork together at full size.

Problem is, my Paint program lowers the quality when saved to JPEG (the above is PNG, more on that in a sec), but when I ypload the PNG file in flickr, it lowered the resolution about 1/3, and when I upload the PNG file to Photobucket, it massively shrinks due to the file size being too big (over 2MB). Saving in JPEG makes it a mere 200KB or so, and Photobucket will retain the original resolution, but the lower quality is apparent if you look close enough.

So what will it be? Size, or quality?

I have a good feeling that the artwork will be used for the box art.

Azure J

Do want. I really like the artstyle and those screens are enough to keep the interest high in this one. Hope to hear more about the title soon.

Jesus what awesome music! I wonder what will happen to the development studio of this game after it's release? Freelance themselves or scatter away?

Akai

Game still looks and sounds awesome, so hopefully it pulls through...And yes, we need to find out who the composer(s) is/are...

TunaLover said:
It's awesome and all, but it feels so wrong not to know who is the music composer, and the art director.
The illustrator's named Satoshi Sakai, as mentioned on the "Staff" page of the site. He has been apparently involved in "various activities"(without anymore details), but Ougon no Kizuna is the only game listed under his works.
Absolutely no word on the composer though.

TunaLover

Stormbringer said:
The illustrator's named Satoshi Sakai, as mentioned on the "Staff" page of the site. He has been apparently involved in "various activities"(without anymore details), but Ougon no Kizuna is the only game listed under his works.
Absolutely no word on the composer though.

It seems like Satoshi Sakai was the art director for Phantasy Star Online for DC, not sure if it's the same person tough.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantasy_Star_Online

TunaLover said:
It seems like Satoshi Sakai was the art director for Phantasy Star Online for DC, not sure if it's the same person tough.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantasy_Star_Online
Doubt it's the same person. PSO's Satoshi Sakai still works at Sega, and was recently credited as the Phantasy Star Universe and Phantasy Star Portable director, as well as Phantasy Star Zero's producer. Plus, from the profile picture on Kizuna homepage and the various shots of Sega's Satoshi Sakai, I am pretty certain they don't look like the same person.

I have a big feeling that this game is going to be sent to die. I mean the company making it is stepping out of gaming and with the high price point it really does seem they're just trying to milk as much revenue from this title instead of trying to make it an established series.

Flying_Phoenix said:
I have a big feeling that this game is going to be sent to die. I mean the company making it is stepping out of gaming and with the high price point it really does seem they're just trying to milk as much revenue from this title instead of trying to make it an established series.

As long as it hits NA, I don't care.

TunaLover

Flying_Phoenix said:

Jaleco is already owned by GAME YAROU, their new holder. They could keep the Jaleco name eventually.

TunaLover

Flying_Phoenix said:
But didn't they say that they were moving out of games to strengthen their other markets?

we only know that Jaleco was buried in debts and loans, so GAME YAROU bought them -for 1 yen- to hold their financials -read pay Jaleco bills-. I really don't know the about other activities of Jaleco holdings. They express that they were out the game bussiness due the competitive nature of the market.

Kenka

Who gives a shit. This game will be epic / awesome / at least good / at the very least ambitious. So, once again, who gives a shit.

Kenka said:
Who gives a shit. This game will be epic / awesome / at least good / at the very least ambitious. So, once again, who gives a shit.

Umm people who will enjoy the game and want a sequel or the development team to continue on other projects...

Fritz

The site has been updated again. There's a new Boss I think, and first TV comercials, pretty wack:

youtubed

There are several free slots so there's hope for more soon

Vinnk

The ads are talking about strong binds like the one the 2 fish statues on top of Nagoya Castle must feel or the bong between err... 2 gold people.

But no gameplay footage at all? Strange.

billy.sea

Banned
Looks very good, and it's from the people who worked on Dragon Quest VIII and Little King's Story? That's even better.

Too bad the press (like 1up) will never care about anything from the Wii, especially the ones from smaller publisher.

I don't know what demographic they're reaching out to. Its like they're trying their best to reinforce Japan's stereotype as balls-out crazy.

TunaLover

It´s has something to do with gold, not sure what´s the conection within the game.

Japanese culture expert GAF, please explain.

Dascu

TunaLover said:
It´s has something to do with gold, not sure what´s the conection within the game.

Japanese culture expert GAF, please explain.
Isn't the full title Kizuna: Golden Bonds?

Regardless, they should show some damn gameplay footage instead of these bizarre commercials.

Top Bottom