• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack II in development for PS4, according to animator's résumé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kssio_Aug

Sep 14, 2013
I hope so, Knack was probably the second best PS4 exclusive in its 1st semester, after Infamous Second Son.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Feb 28, 2013
twitter.com
Good fucking lord, why, Sony, why

If you have extra money lying around, why not make Puppeteer 2 or Patapon or anything but this garbage, good GOD.

Raist

Banned
Jan 27, 2007
I meant a game that targets the demographic you listed, which is literally Ratchet and Clank.

I'm impressed you compared Knack to a dedicated 3D Platformer like Crash Bandicoot then immediately went on the record to call Knack a 'lite platformer' . Well done man.
Did Mark Cerny piss in your cereal bowl this morning or something? Chillax dude.

Acquiescence

Mar 5, 2011
Please tell me this is a joke.

Like... why would a Knack 2 even get made anyway? It got obliterated by the critics, and it's fair to say that if it wasn't a launch title for an immensely anticipated product then it would've faded into obscurity almost immediately.

I don't want to live on a planet where Knack 2 gets made and Puppeteer 2 doesn't.

Trago

Aug 31, 2013
I know people like to make fun of Knack, but I think there's potential for a really good platformer here.

farisr

Nov 5, 2011
Yes, please be true.

The game in co-op and Hard difficulty was a ton of fun. If they can address certain things it can legitimately be a good solo game as well.

Zemm

Oct 11, 2012
What a waste of time and money if true. Could have used that cash and given it to some other dev to make an exclusive good game.

biglittleps

Feb 4, 2014
Yeah, if this thing is getting a sequel I sure hope The Order gets one aswell.
Well game budget was not same for both. Order sequel needs high production values which requires a lot of money compared to this cartoon platformer. Order 1886 sequel is possible only if RAD can convince Sony that they can make a better product or some one from Sony WW Studios are really interested and believed in it.

Warxard

Banned
Aug 1, 2015
I never played Knack, but is the character so terrible ? Gameplay can be improved, easily.
I actually really think Knack's character design and visual aesthetic is dope, which is one of the main reasons why I bought the game at launch.

Shame about dat gameplay

ethomaz

Mar 19, 2013
Brazil
GOTG 2!!!

I'm ready already.

It is sad some guys here don't like good games... well tastes after all.

Fdkn

Jul 20, 2011
I beat Knack a few days ago. It was ok. I had fun.

As usual the internet hate is overblown

Kouichi

Jan 2, 2011
Avenel, NJ
twitter.com
I've never played Knack, but it looked like such a boring game from what I've seen. But it's always nice to see cartoony mascot games and there's always room to improve, so I'm okay with this.

thank knack

Status
Not open for further replies.