• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koji Igarashi Kickstarts Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (2.5D, backdash, 2018)

A-V-B

In case some didn't read the update, there is a really nice Kojima-style fan piece for Miriam.

tumblr_np15aiaIiC1uumf1jo1_1280.jpg

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
versus mode for sure.

Wonder if it's 'who can do this level better' or 'fight each other.'

Also, sigh, that's a lot of exposed... curse...

Also, she looks way better without that dumb crown thing.

I want to see Mummy Miriam (Shishio Miriam?)as an alt. costume now.

Evilmaus

I finally backed today. In for $60 physical copy!

Really hoping to see this get a Vita port. I might triple-dip on this once its out and buy on Wii U, PS4, and Vita. :)

I'm pretty confident we'll hit the Vita port stretch goal. The last couple of days of a kickstarter traditionally seem to always explode.

Curious to see what the 4mil goal will be.

Evilmaus

I wish it were mummy Miriam and not 'bandaged rei ayanami fanservice' miriam

To be fair, she's completely bandaged up to her neck.

Yes, you can see the outline of her body, but this could have been waaaaaaaaay more fanservice-y. Imagine if they took it to MK9 Flesh Pits Mileena levels.

jb1234

I kinda wish all the tracks were orchestrated tbh

What I'm hoping for is that it basically means there won't be any samples trying to fake real instruments involved in the music. So some pieces will use a full orchestra, others might use a rock band (maybe with other acoustic instruments added) and yet others will incorporate electronic elements.

A-V-B

What I'm hoping for is that it basically means there won't be any samples trying to fake real instruments involved in the music. So some pieces will use a full orchestra, others might use a rock band (maybe with other acoustic instruments added) and yet others will incorporate electronic elements.

Yeah, that's the way to go. Sometimes a synth instrument can add an element that a symphony can't, and you use it in your track. Sometimes a symphony adds something the synth can't. Up to the artists to decide what flavors they want to use :)

Verger

Banned
Most kickstarters get last minute bumps in the final days. I imagine this one should get enough of one to at least get the Orchestral goal done. Dunno about 4 million but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

As for not all tracks in the game being symphonic. That is fine. Remember a lot of Yamane's compositions do have some techno or rock aspects to them and it'd be easier to create those digitally than with a symphony. Having a good balance of tracks where it makes sense is what makes a good score.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Is there any way for me to get the Project Updates on my email even though I backed the projecto n Paypal?

There's no information on the "Fangamer Paypal Fullfillment Page" and I don't back the project on Kickstarter, so there's no information there either.

It seems that they forgot about their paypal backers when providing updates.

I hope the $4,000,000 stretch goal is something cool.

A Versus mode (if that's really a "VS") is not something I'd consider amazing to have. Much less as the potentially last goal at $4 million.

Dunno, kinda lame that it takes 250 grand just to throw in a 'VS' mode. Unless they're running out of things to add. Never cared for the VS mode in harmony of despair, much prefer the pure co-op mode.

Although the recent fan art is fantastic, especially the Kojima like piece. Miriam's adorable. :3

Dunno, kinda lame that it takes 250 grand just to throw in a 'VS' mode. Unless they're running out of things to add. Never cared for the VS mode in harmony of despair, much prefer the pure co-op mode.

Although the recent fan art is fantastic, especially the Kojima like piece. Miriam's adorable. :3

Well I mean, at this point what else is there? An even biggerer castle? :p

Well I mean, at this point what else is there? An even biggerer castle? :p

Something that's not VS? :p

Castle could always get bigger!

Ain't no way they gonna reach 4 mil in 9 days.

Whenever I see quotes like this I think others haven't noticed the way popular kickstarters end.

Plus, after silly Iga Cosplay there's a bonus stretch goal which could actually be good. It's hype at the end of KS's so should be a good chance

Stretch goals aren't a 'it costs exactly this much to do X' sort of thing. They just add to the general budget.

That's not really how stretch goals work. This is a common misconception.

Think of it like this. You'll need an overall budget of 3 million dollars to make the game you want to make and also put it on Wii U. At 2 minion dollars, you have enough to make the base game, but not enough for the Wii U port.

So rather than simply add a 3 million dollar goal with nothing in between, you add features to motivate backers that are all relatively low costs. If you look at early goals in the campaign, they're super tame. A new boss, cheat codes, etc. It's because they're all minor goals meant to encourage you to the REAL stretch goal at 3 million dollars.

This isn't always the case, but you can usually tell when it is. Adding a VS Mode may or may not cost 250,000 dollars. More likely that money is actually going backwards into the orchestrated score, or forwards to the next big goal.

It doesn't.

A lot of the money will be used to make the overall game better. Very few gaming kickstarter stretch goals need the full amount of money to be realised, it's done as a way to keep up interest in the project.

Fantastic news.

Something that's not VS? :p

Castle could always get bigger!

Whenever I see quotes like this I think others haven't noticed the way popular kickstarters end.

Plus, after silly Iga Cosplay there's a bonus stretch goal which could actually be good. It's hype at the end of KS's so should be a good chance

can't tell if literal or colloquial

4 million is pretty likely, the last few days are going to be big.

This is the first kickstarter I've followed. I followed an indiegogo though, but how many gamers out there haven't put money on this who are interested? I might be underestimating the amount of gamers out there with fat pockets.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
This is the first kickstarter I've followed. I followed an indiegogo though, but how many gamers out there haven't put money on this who are interested? I might be underestimating the amount of gamers out there with fat pockets.

I haven't yet, but I'll back before the campaign ends. Probably at $100.

Top Bottom