• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koji Igarashi Kickstarts Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (2.5D, backdash, 2018)

The more I see about this project the more I get convinced this was the absolute best managed Kickstarter videogame campaign up to this point. And I was there day 1 complaining how it took them half a day to post additional stretch goals after we ran through all the initial ones in less than a day. But I'm also here to say they sure showed me and now I'm eating my shorts.

Great Job, Iga & Co.! You truly deserve this success and all this only makes me more eager to see the game in action.

AFAIK you'll be able to in September 15-ish when they send out the surveys to the backers because I think that's also when they are aiming to launch the slacker-backer website where you'll be able to upgrade as well.
i imagine they were just caught off guard at first for how quickly it raised money

Lime

Konami possibly licensing their IPs is huuuuuge.

They don't deserve a single dime of sitting on their IPs. They've mistreated them and tortured them so much that Konami simply isn't worthy of recognition or financial support by licensing them out to someone.

Eusis

They don't deserve a single dime of sitting on their IPs. They've mistreated them and tortured them so much that Konami simply isn't worthy of recognition or financial support by licensing them out to someone.
That seems a little extreme for a situation that seems to acknowledge their problems there and is the best we can hope for now.

So you'd rather just leave these IPs to rot instead of giving them out to devs that could do them justice?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm watching the archive of the stream and it's pretty funny how liberal Ben's interpreting is on some of these points relative to how Iga said it. Feels like a bit of PR clean-up mid-translation, lol.

I was at the Mighty No. 9 panel last year and it was the same. He definitely takes a more "explanation translation" approach and often adds in or removes things as he deems necessary.

For better or worse, I've definitely been known to do the same thing in certain situations that I feel calls for it.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Cool that they've got customization in. I hope it's beyond just color changing for the body section though, I'm not really fond of the default outfit. And I do hope there isn't too much embarrassing stuff available to equip.

Dremark

Banned
The more I see about this project the more I get convinced this was the absolute best managed Kickstarter videogame campaign up to this point. And I was there day 1 complaining how it took them half a day to post additional stretch goals after we ran through all the initial ones in less than a day. But I'm also here to say they sure showed me and now I'm eating my shorts.

Great Job, Iga & Co.! You truly deserve this success and all this only makes me more eager to see the game in action.

AFAIK you'll be able to in September 15-ish when they send out the surveys to the backers because I think that's also when they are aiming to launch the slacker-backer website where you'll be able to upgrade as well.

I'm pretty sure I was actually defending the campaign early on here, possibly even replying to you but I could tell from the lead up and the way the tiers were done it was going to be a well run campaign and assumed that people were just busy day one with everything that came along with it, and the fact that we likely blew away their expectations.

I can;t say the campaign was absolutely perfect and they certainly didn't please everyone but they were about as transparent as they possibly could be form day 1, were responsive and answered everyone's questions so I think people felt a lot more comfortable with it than they might have otherwise.

I seriously think that anyone who is doing a gaming kickstarter should take a good look at how they ran the campaign and take the lessons to learn form it. Granted not everyone will be able to operate on the same scale as they did but they did so many things right it's hard to even go over it all.

I appreciated that Red Ash came so soon after to provide a helpful example of what a grossly mismanaged campaign actually looks like. :p

Shenmue I'd say was mishandled to an extent and I was critical of it, but they did learn form mistakes and while I think they could have done better numbers if they had run their campaign better, I wouldn't say it was bad (At least at this point, early on was a bit on the rough side).

Red Ash was just a disaster in pretty much every way possible.

illusionary

https://twitter.com/SwordOrWhip/status/643891664176570368

26157.PNG

Got my survey as well, not sure what I had to answer besides what platform I wanted my game on. Hopefully the OST and art book are awesome.

bumpkin

Just completed my survey, as well. I'm really looking forward to getting this for Wii U!
I'm really torn on what platform I should choose. Obviously Wii U sounds great because it's my way of saying "I love Castlevania style games on Nintendo platforms!". On the other hand though, I don't want to get a crappy underperforming down-port. :(

If I don't do Wii U, I'm doing either PS4 or XB1. There's no cross-buy for the PS4, is there?

Nosgoroth

I backed physical + digital.

Physical copy: WiiU or PS4?
Digital copy: PC?

1) I still don't have a PS4, but I want one.
2) I fear a certification waiting game in Europe, which wouldn't affect PC.
3) My "PC" is actually a 13 inch Macbook Pro (late 2014, i7, 16GB RAM, but without a dedicated gfx card). My other PC is an old Core 2 Quad (with 3GB RAM, but with a GTX560, mind) that probably isn't up to the task.

What to do. My survey must be right around the corner.

Parsnip

Hey Fangamer guys if you are reading this, you need to add like an option on the first page of your survey tool to skip the physical address input entirely if it just so happens that my reward is digital only.

Make it so.

Gbraga

I love his answer to the title screen question :)

I do enjoy a good title screen though, so hopefully that only translates to his design philosophy as not wasting the player's time and letting us play the damn game instead of just having a shitty title screen because who cares.

Shouta

Got the survey though I'm waiting on a friend to let me know which add-on he wants since he missed the original KS.

Fangamer Steve

Neo Member
Hey there folks, Steve from Fangamer here! We’ll be sending the surveys off over the next several days. If you still haven’t received your survey by Monday the 21st of September, please email orders@fangamer.com. In the meantime however, please be patient!

We also fixed the issue with the survey requiring digital only backers to provide a shipping address. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Top Bottom