• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami has issued a statement saying MGS Collection will be 1080p60 on consoles.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I thought Konami ditched it's videogame division a few years ago. They focused on their pachinko machines. It seems there are a few 'remasters' and collections. Do they even have any developers? I'm thinking a few outsourced developers but is Konami back or is this just a shell?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I thought Konami ditched it's videogame division a few years ago. They focused on their pachinko machines. It seems there are a few 'remasters' and collections. Do they even have any developers? I'm thinking a few outsourced developers but is Konami back or is this just a shell?

You thought wrong. They were still making video games, just not the games which typical hardcore console fans wants.

Games like Super Bomberman R

I actually played MGS2 Substance a few months ago on my PC. With a fan patch it was downsampling 4k and this was with a rtx3060. Konami has no excuse.

Buggy Loop

• All platforms except Switch – 1080p / 60 frames per second target
  • Switch (docked mode) – 1080p / 30 frames per second target
  • Switch (handheld mode) – 720p / 30 frames per second target

Wow, i think Switch 2 will be able to have parity with PS5!

Gonna be a beast! 💪

mortal

Gold Member
lol hard pass.

I already knew with Kojima no longer involved in MGS, Konami would obviously try to exploit the brand and with little investment gone in.

People can hate on Kojima all they want, but I know these classic games would've gotten a lot more care and attention with him overseeing it, or consulting at the very least.

This you too?

cw6rqlwsbp921.jpg
Pretty much. I'm still living with my parents and my PS5 was a gift.

KOMANI

KOMANI
lol hard pass.

I already knew with Kojima no longer involved in MGS, Konami would obviously try to exploit the brand and with little investment gone in.

People can hate on Kojima all they want, but I know these classic games would've gotten a lot more care and attention with him overseeing it, or consulting at the very least.
yeaaahhh... cause the ZOE HD Collection was a homerun? The MSX Metal Gear Games that were ported to mobile, which is what MGS3 Subsistence uses, don't have missing features? Same goes for the MGS HD Collection.

It's really ironic how you'll get posts about, "If Kojima wasn't involved, it's shit". Yet Twin Snakes, which he was there for during the motion capture, turned out very divisive. The ZOE HDC and SH HDC, which he was the vice president for, needed numerous patches for 1/2 of the two games in each collection.
Someone will retort with Survive's existance... not understanding the difference between AA games and AAA games.

The best part is the "exploiting" description. Yeah, cause giving you hundreds of dollars in content for the price of a new game is exploitation. Go find out how much those scenario books cost online.

mortal

Gold Member
yeaaahhh... cause the ZOE HD Collection was a homerun? The MSX Metal Gear Games that were ported to mobile, which is what MGS3 Subsistence uses, don't have missing features? Same goes for the MGS HD Collection.

It's really ironic how you'll get posts about, "If Kojima wasn't involved, it's shit". Yet Twin Snakes, which he was there for during the motion capture, turned out very divisive. The ZOE HDC and SH HDC, which he was the vice president for, needed numerous patches for 1/2 of the two games in each collection.
Someone will retort with Survive's existance... not understanding the difference between AA games and AAA games.

The best part is the "exploiting" description. Yeah, cause giving you hundreds of dollars in content for the price of a new game is exploitation. Go find out how much those scenario books cost online.
These are 20+ year-old games running at 1080p on current-gen consoles, even Switch can arguably handle these games at 60fps.
So yea, I'm pretty sure an MGS remastered collection overseen by Kojima wouldn't run at 1080p on a fucking PS5 or Series X.

I don't even follow your argument about Twin Snakes. So because some people didn't like the creative changes, the effort put into the remake didn't count?
You're complaining about how those HD games needed patches when patching is a good thing, as it's the devs proactively addressing the issues with a game.
Why would I chastise them for trying to fix a problem?

KOMANI

KOMANI
These are 20+ year-old games running at 1080p on current-gen consoles, even Switch can arguably handle these games at 60fps.
So yea, I'm pretty sure an MGS remastered collection overseen by Kojima wouldn't run at 1080p on a fucking PS5 or Series X.

I don't even follow your argument about Twin Snakes. So because some people didn't like the creative changes, the effort put into the remake didn't count?
You're complaining about how those HD games needed patches when patching is a good thing, as it's the devs proactively addressing the issues with a game.
Why would I chastise them for trying to fix a problem?
So the team that's fixing issues with the HD Collection for the Master Collection, that are being chastised by you, that's cool though, right?

mortal

Gold Member
So the team that's fixing issues with the HD Collection for the Master Collection, that are being chastised by you, that's cool though, right?
How is selling a collection of 20+ year-old games running at 1080p on current-gen hardware that are more than capable of running them at 4k with higher framerates “fixing a problem”?
It’s not 2011 anymore and consumer expectations are different, especially when they're charging full price for what are essentially games I already own.
It's not a good deal so it's a hard pass for me, it's really that simple.

KOMANI

KOMANI
How is selling a collection of 20+ year-old games running at 1080p on current-gen hardware that are more than capable of running them at 4k with higher framerates “fixing a problem”?
It’s not 2011 anymore and consumer expectations are different, especially when they're charging full price for what are essentially games I already own.
It's not a good deal so it's a hard pass for me, it's really that simple.
calling it an exploitation is hyperbolic just because you didn't get your resolution. don't buy it, who cares. dismissing work that's been put into this because you didn't get what you think you deserve is a crybaby tactic. and this is coming from someone who thinks they SHOULD be in 4K. also, coming from someone who understands that there might be a reason why they aren't in 4K, instead of boohooing.

mortal

Gold Member
calling it an exploitation is hyperbolic just because you didn't get your resolution. don't buy it, who cares. dismissing work that's been put into this because you didn't get what you think you deserve is a crybaby tactic. and this is coming from someone who thinks they SHOULD be in 4K. also, coming from someone who understands that there might be a reason why they aren't in 4K, instead of boohooing.
Obviously I was being hyperbolic.
I didn't even think much of my comment, but you obviously seem to care about my purchasing decisions for some reason despite saying who cares lol
Now you're calling me names because what, I'm not buying ports of games I already own becuase it's below my expectation?
I didn’t realize I was obligated to give them my money just for putting it out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom