• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami Rep Says 'I Hope We Earn You Back'

KyleCross

And you're opinions have all just been guesses of what you think happened.
And yours aren't? No one truly knows what happened behind closed doors and we may never know. What I think happened is just as valid as what you and others think happened, and that will remain the only truth for whoever knows how long.

sviri

How about you develop us a side scrolling, fully 3d graphic castlevania follow up to SotN then? It's got to be really good though, like the best castlevania ever.

Raybunny

For whatever happens and for what happened, not gonna give you credit and credits from now on.

Don't see myself caring for Konami. Even if they are trying to get fans back they got a very long way. Hey, 80% of people that play games are mindless roaches that pre-order and buy whatever they see. Will be easy for the mass market to keep them a float. Unfortunately.

To contribute on a positive way, the gaming world would be happier with a good castlevania.

Because reasons? You make it sound like they haven't earned the negative image. Maybe some of those reasons don't matter to you, but it's shitty of you to come around being oddly dismissive of such opinions.

Yes, i'm so dismissive of these well thought out and poignant "opinions"

FUKC THOSE LOSERS!!

Konami now is a distant shadow of its former self. I said I won't buy their games, I meant it.

I don't care what backroom drama went on (it's still all hearsay in the end) if they produce a good game, I'll play it and judge it by it's own merit, not by completely dismissing the work of the developers because of some rumors i heard a year ago.

And as I said before "the negative image" of Konami is just from a very vocal minority, the vast majority of gamers don't know and don't care about the 'martyr Kojima' and gestapo Konami narrative bandwagon.

So please, explain to me rationally why I should boycott a game from what will probably be an incredibly talented assembly of hard working artists, designers and developers?

Maybe I shouldn't have played Uncharted 4 because they stole that concept artists image, or played The Last of Us because they used a metro map without getting explicit permission, or because they replaced Alan Tudyk with Troy Baker (those monsters!), and they even had their team crunch in the weeks before launch (employees sleeping in their offices? what is this slave labor?) I can't believe I supported such scummy practices! I really regret playing those excellent games that enhanced my life over the years!

gafneo

Banned
I've never lost interest in Konami. It's only been a short while since they released a game. If they end up like Valve and ignore hardcore video games all together with a 5 year gap from now, then it will be a different story.

Theorry

Snake Eater remake in Fox Engine?

67908e40-c436-0132-4595-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

GrayDFox

Neo Member
What I need Konami to do, in order for me to slightly forgive them. Is if they did a full-on public apology towards Kojima. And I mean, a pretty good apology. Most of our animosity lies within that area when it comes to that company. They've treated him terribly.

Alongside that though. They need to re-release Silent Hill 1-4 on Steam or something. Or go the route that Capcom did with REmake.

What I need Konami to do, in order for me to slightly forgive them. Is if they did a full-on public apology towards Kojima. And I mean, a pretty good apology. Most of our animosity lies within that area when it comes to that company. They've treated him terribly.

Alongside that though. They need to re-release Silent Hill 1-4 on Steam or something. Or go the route that Capcom did with REmake.

Don't forget Chapter 3 and the Snake Eater Fox Engine Remake

Konami has a lot to make up for, because they haven't stopped digging since Kojima's departure.

big fake

You've lost me Konami, only way you get me in the same room as you if we get MGS3 remake.

BATZI you better not be full of shit.

shinkai

Agreed same here, but for the Silent Hill 1-4 re-release if they are going to do it please give it to a competent team that will actually do a good job (for example BluePoint) and not some random no name team that's never done anything worthwhile (for example the team that did the original Silent Hill HD Collection, Hijinx Studios)

injurai

Banned
Konami needs to create some new IPs and give some new blood a chance to prove themselves. Put the Fox Engine to good use.

Milking their existing IPs is not what is going to save their game branch.

GrayDFox

Neo Member
Agreed same here, but for the Silent Hill 1-4 re-release if they are going to do it please give it to a competent team that will actually do a good job (for example BluePoint) and not some random no name team that's never done anything worthwhile (for example the team that did the original Silent Hill HD Collection, Hijinx Studios)

Man, the Silent Hill HD Collection was so terrible.

Aquillion

Speaking of past Konami transgressions, one of its most controversial decisions last year was the cancellation of Silent Hills. While Ben didn’t outright state that Konami is working on a new Silent Hill game, he did say that when one of the company’s franchises isn’t seen for awhile, it doesn’t mean that the series is dead; rather, it means that Konami is “reviewing the IP” and trying to “find a good fit.”
But they already found a good fit. The future of Silent Hill is pachinko machines. Maybe if we're lucky they'll make virtual pachinko machines for consoles and PC.

Top Bottom