• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku Rumor: Respawn's Game Xbox 360/720 Only, always-online, FPS, Includes Details

All the Call of Duty games use a modified version of the Quake III Arena engine, so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Kinda my point really.

other then running at 60FPS the CoD games aren't good looking games when compared to BF3 of Crysis 3 and a pretty low bar to set for the next gen of visuals and experiences IMO.

I realize Respawns engineers can modify the engine to their liking to a degree, however, from what we've seen of recent games running on source I have concerns about this decision.

GavinGT

Banned
Kinda my point really.

other then running at 60FPS the CoD games aren't good looking games when compared to BF3 of Crysis 3 and a pretty low bar to set for the next gen of visuals and experiences IMO.

I realize Respawns engineers can modify the engine to their liking to a degree, however, from what we've seen of recent games running on source I have concerns about this decision.

I would disagree that the CoD games set a low visual bar. They're among the best looking games on the current consoles, even if they aren't at the very top.

As far as Source's capabilities, I can't speak to that. But whatever engine they choose, I'm sure they have their reasons.

Top Bottom