• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Silent Hills officially cancelled

Javin98

Banned
Well, I've never played any Silent Hill game before, but I was looking forward to this, considering that P.T. was critically acclaimed. Still sad, regardless. Obligatory "Fuck you, Konami" post.

Shauni

It's simply amazing to me that we have had so many of these Konami related threads, and yet 3/4 of the people who post in them still don't seem to understand that Konami isn't going anywhere and they have their hands in plenty of other successful pies despite having it said and explained in every one. It's like no one bothers to read anything that's posted. Is this one of the stages of grief or some shit?

Ricky_R

68EGSFi.jpg

I remember when I saw the announcement and thinking, "this is too good to be true!"

Well...

Although the moment things hit the fan with Kojima I knew this was dead.

SerTapTap

While many may disagree the MGS series has really lacked since 4. They kept it on life support but MGS was def going down the drain. While I want to play the next major MGS release I have little hope of it being "good".

But then again "good" is subjective.

Story-wise I'll agree it's (so far) gone downhill since 3, but MGS4 has some great gameplay stuff going on though it was often hampered by level design. Ground Zeros finally had great gameplay and a big level to put it all to use in, I was super excited to play MGS5 even without the story. Damn shame to see it basically shot down right before a potential comeback.

Dunno what to do about MGS5, had the limited edition preordered for a while, but the arm is stupid shit, might have to degrade this to a used purchase of the standard edition.

LiK

I'm confused why some people didn't understand this the moment Guillermo del Toro said so.

Like it was a pretty obvious follow-up to Konami already being cagey about the game and taking down the teaser and throwing out Kojima, since at that point pretty much everyone was already known to be out of the project.

maybe they're hoping they would just get a different director, heh

Kuni

That is some questionable decision making there... But we don't know he story but yes... Weird and disappointing.

Somnid

It's simply amazing to me that we have had so many of these Konami related threads, and yet 3/4 of the people who post in them still don't seem to understand that Konami isn't going anywhere and they have their hands in plenty of other successful pies despite having it said and explained in every one. It's like no one bothers to read anything that's posted. Is this one of the stages of grief or some shit?

Moving out of the gaming industry is certainly going away. You think NeoGaf gives a shit about fitness clubs?

offshore

Can anybody actually explain what is going on at Konami?

If they're really wanting to transition out of home console gaming, why are they saying they'll be more MGS after 5? Likewise, seemingly alluding to more Silent Hill, even though they've just canned this one?

I don't get it.

Taker34

Banned
One can hope that Konami will sell their gaming business and IP's. I don't think there's an existing scenario where they can do anything to prevent ruining all their franchises. We all know how it'll end but not when.

big_z

On geekbox Fitch, who used to work at konami said they've flushed nearly all of their game staff. It's all suits with using cellphones to stimulate the prostate and gambling machines.

Will PT be delisted or completely removed? Will I be able to download it again if it's on my account?

There have been a couple games that have been completely removed, but almost all delisted games can be downloaded again. I'm leaving it on my PS4 just in case...

Sijil

So once PT is removed there will be no way for those without a PS4 to experience it in the future? Well that sucks.

*sigh* Just like the gypsy woman said.

Seriously, I feel like Kojima and them knew it was in trouble with some of the things said in P.T.

Instro

I figured it wasn't going to happen from the get go, but once the Kojima stuff started it was clear to me that it would be dead. Seemed likely that the PT demo was partly a pitch to Konami management, so once Kojima was gone there was no one pushing for this project.

Javin98

Banned
Wait, so the FOX Engine belongs to Konami? Damn, that's terrible. The engine had so much potential. Hopefully we'll see it be put to good use.

FLECKO

there you have it, Konami is proclaimed the worst of this industry, even worst than EA. fuck them, fuck them right in the ear

Red Mage

I really wish they'd sell their IPs if they're not doing anything with them. I'd love to see a new (Good) Suikoden, Silent Hill, and Castlevania.

Dsyndrome

What the hell is going through the heads of Konami? I could totally see them bow out of the console business following MGSV with all the decisions made this year.

So once PT is removed there will be no way for those without a PS4 to experience it in the future? Well that sucks.

Add it to your account now and download it later. Most likely it's just delisted from the store, not completely removed from accounts.

Pilgrimzero

Can't wait for that sweet Silent Hill Mobile phone game.

"James can enter the hospital in 6 hours. Or move him now for just $1.99.

"Uh oh, James has encountered a Bubble Nurse! Purchase the Melee Weapons Bundle for $4.99 to give him a better chance!

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck Konami.
And I'm really sad the FOX Engine, the engine that Kojima personality built to be able to do all of his dream projects, is now dead or will be used for crappy MGS sequels and PES.

Top Bottom