• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KPop-GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peru

Sounds a bit... too much for me.

Anyway, SNSD did Run Devil Run on japanese Music Station http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWfiVz2Rp1w

For me, this song always brings the best out of their live performances. Look at all the sass and energy. Too bad the cameraman didn't quite capture all the awesome synch'd hand choreography. Less close-ups, please.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Eh, I think you're exaggerating on the spiciness. They're on the level with regular spicy ddeokbokki.

Dice said:
Peru and I have been trying to tell you guys about IU. :p

Yeah well, you can blame IU for making me get into K-Pop again. I actually can't believe I am seriously debating whether to buy those Korean Music Festival tix.

And she's so mild mannered in Heroes even though she's basically a kid.

edit: Seo In Young also scares me more than Noh Sa Yeon. She looks mean.

panda21

in Kara's jumping it sounds a bit like they are saying 'tickle me, tickle me, tickle me yeah'

i dont think thats what they are saying though

Dice

panda21 said:
in Kara's jumping it sounds a bit like they are saying 'tickle me, tickle me, tickle me yeah'

i dont think thats what they are saying though
They're saying "take on me"

Sweet, sweet engrish... and nice 80s reference.

Peru

Apropos, Take on Me was actually covered by... was it the winner of the Korean idol equivalent? One of the contestants anyway. Complete with a somewhat ill-fated modern take on the video. Although speaking of Norwegian acts, A-Ha's significance in Korea (Asia) pales in comparison with the legacy of M2M! Go Go Go.

I see Music Station's taken down the youtube above.

DBSK on MS http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjQwMzIyNDY4.html
SNSD on the same show http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjQwMjk3NDY4.html

It was actually a bit mindblowing seeing both on this show because both performances took badass-ery to new heights.

KtSlime

I know this is slightly OT but, I'm pretty versed in my k-pop and j-pop, however I just started to pickup Mandarin but have (pretty much) no clue on where to start. Who's good?

Names in pīnyīn, traditional, and simplified welcome. Thanks.

Ashhong

Prototype-03 said:
LOL, that's exactly why I chose J2 instead of G2.

I got in at exactly 10am. I was in such a hurry I didn't even think to check the different sections. I check after the website came back online from being too busy, and better seats are still available. LAME. Oh well, my G2 seats are aisle seats from the middle so at least I have a straight view compared to the J2 seats I found.

Now the wait for the lineup...

JEKKI

how much?!?! Im too lazy to register for the site rite now and it's too late to call my friend to see if she wanna come with me...

I wanna go, but not alone o_O

JEKKI said:
how much?!?! Im too lazy to register for the site rite now and it's too late to call my friend to see if she wanna come with me...

Depends on the seats... The ones that me and ash got are $70.00

Peru

Dice said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZUCNoIe3sw

Damn! Homeboy just did the best cover of that song I've ever heard.

Nice.. what show is that?

SM Entertainment debuting a new nine member boyband. First SNSD was 'the female Super Junior' and now these guys are the male SNSD. What the world does not need is another serious, angry n angsty boy band stomping about on stage to electro tunes. A different style, please.

Ashhong

JEKKI said:

TH001_theater.jpg

Pretty much any section is available other than the Pool and Gardens

Salazar

It's good. He's below Mong (can't explain it - he's just cool. I know his skills are lower), but above Dynamic Duo.

Salazar

CruxisMana said:
Probably my favourite song of theirs - Can't wait for the MV to drop.

I am yet to be converted to Big Bang and GD and Top music-wise, but I cannot deny the wonder of their videos.

Ashhong

Ronok said:
I really can't work out where I know this song from... Was it in a drama or something?

Not that I know of, though the video got so popular that they made a drama out of the story line. Someone probably linked you before or something, it was huge when it came out years ago.

Sealda

Banned
actually, these are Shin Ramen and they are no where near Teumsae in terms of spiceness.

Shin_Ramyun.jpg

These are teaumsae
2010-12-06-20-03-19.jpg

some reviews:
When I was purchasing these noodles at the local Korean grocery store, the cashier warned me that these were particularly spicy. I shrugged him off, since I have eaten countless packets of spicy Korean instant noodles and lived to tell the tale.

I quickly concluded that these were undoubtedly the spiciest instant noodles I have ever eaten

Read more: http://koreantopnews.com/story.php?title=teumsae-ramyon#ixzz1CXd0eC2X

these are an order of magnitude hotter than any other hot/spicy products out there. delicious, but be prepared for some painful side effects.

I love spicy food but this noodle is too spicy for my liking. This is probably the most spicy Korean ramyeon that I ever tried.

Just saying, they are not like Shin Ramen or Japanese noodles.

Ronok

Ashhong said:
Not that I know of, though the video got so popular that they made a drama out of the story line. Someone probably linked you before or something, it was huge when it came out years ago.

Hmmm... You're probably right, although I don't recognise the video itself, that's why I'm confused. :p I'm gunna just assume my ex made me listen. :-/

panda21

so i figure here is as good a place as any:

i know 예요 comes after a vowel and 이에요 after a consonant, but is it literally just dependent on the word that comes immediately before it? so if its someones name followed by 씨 it would always be the vowel one, regardless of the persons name right?

Dice

You ever listen to the indie scene much? Who knows when if ever the market will open up for indie groups to have national fame, but big cities like Seoul are always beautiful culture centers so artists can find their audience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfzBL5JxILM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRW7A2O7CTU

You can follow a long chain of youtube suggestions on those links to discover more indie groups, but beware, it's kind of a pain to try and follow the scene because most groups aren't popular enough to be able to buy their albums here. I'll probably have to budget a big album haul into any trip to Seoul.

JEKKI

Prototype-03 said:
Depends on the seats... The ones that me and ash got are $70.00

Ashhong said:
Pretty much any section is available other than the Pool and Gardens
sweeeet thanks! I can afford that!!

but my friend wont pick up her phone... I think she hates me X_X

let's cross fingers and hope she call me back!!

Peru

Been listening some to 4Minute's "Huh" mini album. Title track is monumental and I feel they found their sound with the horns and the aggressive delivery. Sets them apart from the other girl groups and definitely moves them past the early accusations of being a 2NE1 copy-cat group (not that there isn't room for two electro hip hop groups).

That Japanese single "First" was a detour... a pretty catchy one, but I hope they stay close to their hip hop roots.

Peru

IU's coming out with a new single / repackaged album in February. Here's a CF song MV she did http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7N3DoBW8t4 It's pretty catchy. Way too lightweight and cutesy, but the beauty of CF deals is that you get to do that without sullying your discography.

----

Refreshing words from a k-idol

BoA_1105
BoA
I don't know how to gain weight.. I need to gain weight.... Huh.....;(

oh boa... I guess she's back in the US now.

----

(Really enjoyed that 'Last Scene' song, dice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom