• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KPop-GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

I just hope that Soshi don't ever do Australian morning/daytime tv.

Someone needs to tell them that they are so far above it that it's just not funny.

vanty

Salazar said:
A friend at uni is a tv academic, and he was talking about the stupidly big numbers that show about teen mermaids (H20: Just Add Water) did in Asia and Europe. Vaguely embarrassing, really.
Well based on the tiny amount of that show I've seen, it would make creepy-GAF explode with joy. So I can understand why people would watch it ahah.

runs in syndication on channels in over 120 countries and has a worldwide audience of more than 250 million.
FUCK?!? That's like Top Gear worldwide numbers.

2San

Salazar said:
A friend at uni is a tv academic, and he was talking about the stupidly big numbers that show about teen mermaids (H20: Just Add Water) did in Asia and Europe. Vaguely embarrassing, really.
I know that show(googled to make sure). It's not that odd though. It's a show for young girls, they aren't really known for their high standards. :eek:

Salazar said:

They showed that here, too. Don't know if it was popular, though.

Ashhong

Can't stop listening to Tablo album. I have so much respect for the guy. Seems like hes still extremely scarred from his controversy, so to come back with such great music deserves major props. You can really feel the emotion in the songs. I hope he kills it on stage.

Big Bang unsurprisingly won the Asian category for the MTV European Music Awards, now they are competing in the Worldwide Act category up against:

Africa/India/Middle East:
Abdelfattah Grini

Asia Pacific:
BIGBANG

Europe:
Lena

Latin America:
Restart

North America:
Britney Spears

Vote Big Bang here:
http://uk.mtvema.com/artists/big-bang

Peru

Big up to e.via

Y7vIL.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Numbering off a chronology like that is weird.

Hipster-ass music articles are surprisingly twice as annoying when they're about kpop. His description of Seo Taiji & Boys makes me want to throat-punch his fingers for typing it.

Dice

Like I care how old he is. I hate how magazine people write music articles. I also hate how movie critics describe movies.

DXPett1

Cross post from SNSD thread:

LTTP I know but what is everyones favourite from The Boys? Only recieved my album today and was a little devo the big poster was ripped :( (smaller poster of Taeyeon was fine so all is right in the world).

So fun I am digging Telepathy, Trick & Oscar. The album as a whole is vastly different to their Japanese Album which I am totally fine with. Seems more Korean?? More of a throw back to their earlier stuff.

Dice

Telepathy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>by this point in number of >'s nothing else on the album even matters.

Peru

Boys >>>>>>> Trick > Telepathy > Sunflower > Oscar, rest is meh

JP album AOTY contender, KR album not in my top 20.

ramyeon

Peru said:
I don't get it. e.via doesn't even belong here if he's listing influential groups in kpop history. Like, at all. And GD&TOP in place of Big Bang as a whole? Okay... Numerical order doesn't make sense after awhile because although it followed their debuts at the start towards the end it's all mixed up. Also lol, SNSD listed under Nayutawave instead of SME.

Haven't seen anything on the M.I.B album here. The promoting single, GDM, isn't really representative of the whole album. It's actually pretty good. It's polished, anyway.

ramyeon

Peru said:
It's just a numbered list, "10 reasons this is cool" not a ranking or a chronological account.
Ah okay, in the opening paragraph it says "It has a history..." so I thought that was what it was. Still, as much as I appreciate her, e.via is definitely the odd one out in this list :lol

Peru

Lol, watching M Countdown, thinking "who's this rookie singer?" Turns out its' Kim Wan-Sun, 42 years old! (Who had some really great stuff earlier in her career)

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
don't know if anyone else here plays tap sonic, but they're having a sale right now where premium songs are 40% off, making them cost only around 400-500 points. some good artists included: kara, brown eyed girls, orange caramel, dal shabet, and a couple others.

Sealda

Banned
Damn Telepathy is such a good song. Makes me happy. The whole album is amazing,no wonder with the resources SNSD got though.

Biscuits

Sealda said:
Damn Telepathy is such a good song. Makes me happy. The whole album is amazing,no wonder with the resources SNSD got though.
Well I wouldn't say the whole album is awesome, but most of the songs are pretty good. I've had Trick on repeat for forever.

Peru

cloudwalking said:
don't know if anyone else here plays tap sonic, but they're having a sale right now where premium songs are 40% off, making them cost only around 400-500 points. some good artists included: kara, brown eyed girls, orange caramel, dal shabet, and a couple others.

Ah, getting in on this. Non-premium is annoying me. Really good song selection in general, though.

--
Watching Music Bank... yesterday was Noel's first performance in five years. Let's hope they stay away for five more after this. YAWN.

JEKKI

I listened to the new Tablo u guys were talkin about.

yah it's ok... I never been an Epik High fan coz their music always sounds too pop for me, and this album in particular is so moody that I really cant get into it...

I'ma tell u guys what I do like tho,

Simon Dominic.

who is he?? I dont know... member of Supreme Team?? I've prolly listened to them before and dont remember lol.

regardless I listened to it and it's real good!!! especially after all my disdain for k-rap, an artist finally came and did the genre correct!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2osMy9KBsJw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AgsZKi86YM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaIRr_gXQXc

seriously, I've listened to this album a lot already, he did everything I wanted out of a koren hiphop album

Ashhong

JEKKI said:
I listened to the new Tablo u guys were talkin about.

yah it's ok... I never been an Epik High fan coz their music always sounds too pop for me, and this album in particular is so moody that I really cant get into it...

I'ma tell u guys what I do like tho,

Simon Dominic.

who is he?? I dont know... member of Supreme Team?? I've prolly listened to them before and dont remember lol.

regardless I listened to it and it's real good!!! especially after all my disdain for k-rap, an artist finally came and did the genre correct!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2osMy9KBsJw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AgsZKi86YM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaIRr_gXQXc

seriously, I've listened to this album a lot already, he did everything I wanted out of a koren hiphop album

I personally love the pop sound of Epik High. Theyre singles were my favorites. Tablo went through a lot though, he's allowed to make moody music =P I look forward to his new song with Taeyang.

I was never able to give Simon D a chance because I can't take him seriously after seeing him on variety shows. Is he really that good? Some of the songs you linked arent bad at all...hmmm

Ashhong

ramyeon said:
He's only just made his solo debut, so there's only the one album. He's also part of Supreme Team.

Yea I knew he's a part of Supreme Team, but I guess I'll check out his solo and then go to ST if I feel like it

Dice

Someone should explain to Korea that "get it in" is not a phrase English speakers use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom