• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Krispy Kreme just opened a store by my house

Luschient

hlsign.png

Gaf, I'm dying. Krispy Kreme has opened a new store a block from my house and I ate waaaaay too many hot, glazed donuts this morning. There were people camping out waiting for the doors to open.

If you've never had "real" Krispy Kreme (and not the packaged kind from a gas station), it's hot sugar-covered greatness.

To me, Krispy easily blows away any other donut place I've tried, including mom & pop shops and Dunkin. Has anyone ever had a better donut than a fresh, hot Krispy Kreme original glazed?

Rootbeer

Banned
I know that feeling. One didn't open near me... but at one time I moved into a place that already had one about a block away. I ended up going there a lot early on weekend mornings and occasionally on workdays to treat co-workers to a box of donuts.

I loved it but I know my body didn't.

Moderation... if you have the willpower.

Otherwise, RIP

FWIW, my favorite is the glazed chocolate cake. fresher the better, of course. they always had interesting ones during the holidays too. I kinda miss their coffee... nothing great, but it went so well with their donuts. Mmmm....

lem0n

I'm from Boston so I'm not technically allowed to say KK is better than Dunks, but my god do I love Krispy Kreme. Maybe more than, say, a competitor. But yeah one time years ago my best friend and I binged Halo 2 and PGR on XBL for like 3 days straight and we were on a diet of Surge and KK donuts... It was years before I touched them again but man when I did, it was just as good as I remembered. Lol.

One opened the next block over from my house last year. I go sometimes, but I prefer the local donut shops. The only real advantages that Krispy Kreme has IMO are the drive-thru and acceptance of credit cards.

Rootbeer

Banned
One opened the next block over from my house last year. I go sometimes, but I prefer the local donut shops. The only real advantages that Krispy Kreme has IMO are the drive-thru and acceptance of credit cards.
I get what you are saying about local places, particularly living in the city now I really appreciate that sort of thing. But what I liked about KK was they made them throughout the day so you could get them fresh easier. Like, you didn't have to go right at 4AM cause they continually were making donuts by the hour.

Another thing I like is the SIZE of their donuts. They aren't huge. This is great cause if you only eat one you don't feel so self loathing. But let's be honest... you aren't gonna eat just one.

eosos

Banned
Krispy ain't shit compared to Stan's, Glazed and Infused, or Fire Cakes. Although they are pretty good.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Congrats on the Krispy Kreme
3Q7eVnd.gif

I've limited myself to only going there for their Valentines donuts and free donuts on Talk Like A Pirate Day. Otherwise I would go every day and my body would morph into a blob.

hydruxo

Obligatory
tumblr_ngt8b3G8qW1sr2rwmo4_r1_400.gif

I had a Krispy Kreme right next to campus in college and it took everything I had to not take a detour and be late to class everyday when the hot light was on lmao. Nothing better than a hot Krispy Kreme donut.

Lego Boss

A guy got on the train next to me with a tray of these fat bombs.

I'd never tried one before and I told him that and he gave me one (he was a nice guy).

They are delicious. Would kill me eating them everyday though.

DOWN

Banned
It's amazing. I've waitied an hour before just to watch the hot donuts on the conveyer belt and then eat them freshly glazed and warm.

Like people just have no clue how good they are fresh.

Krispy kreme is indeed delicious. The only donuts I really think are superior are cider mill donuts (and only from two or three places in my state, most are disappointing).

Actually, there's a place called Loony Baker near where I grew up, I remember their donuts being pretty tasty, too

jeemer

the original glazed and raspberry glazed are pretty great, but i'm still in a huff with krispy kreme cause they stopped doing iced caramel rings here in the uk. also they keep bringing out special edition ones like nutella and hersheys that i can't be arsed with.

this may be sacrilege but as far as filled doughnuts go, in my experience tim hortons are way better.

I've always loathed Krispy Kreme. The Ben & Jerry's of donut places.

If I'm ever craving a donut, I get them at Dunkin Donuts ^^

Ever sliced an original glazed in half, grilled them, then used the two halves as the bun for a bacon cheeseburger? If not, you haven't lived.

Those flat tire donuts that Dunkin sells are shit tier, and all of you should be ashamed for thinking they are better than a hot KK. Their cruellers are superior as well.

Otherwise, I'm fine frequenting local shops. But just don't try and pretend their glazed can hold the tiniest of candles.

Spuck-uk

Banned
the original glazed and raspberry glazed are pretty great, but i'm still in a huff with krispy kreme cause they stopped doing iced caramel rings here in the uk. also they keep bringing out special edition ones like nutella and hersheys that i can't be arsed with.

this may be sacrilege but as far as filled doughnuts go, in my experience tim hortons are way better.

They need to stop trying to sell Hershey as a thing over here in the UK. Literally every local brand of chocolate is better than that vomit tasting shite.

Obligatory
tumblr_ngt8b3G8qW1sr2rwmo4_r1_400.gif

I had a Krispy Kreme right next to campus in college and it took everything I had to not take a detour and be late to class everyday when the hot light was on lmao. Nothing better than a hot Krispy Kreme donut.

Best part about this gif is cut off, the guy fucking demolishes their 'hot donuts now' sign

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The GOAT. Hands down.

Shipley-Logo-%28Donut-Only%29.png

There's one within 30 miles of home. They are pretty freaking tasty, even though if I eat more than 1 at a time, I feel like my arteries are dying. Cherry frosted ones are probably my favorite.

daveo42

Banned
I had one down the street from my house till it closed. It's bad to have fresh donuts so close. Personally, the best donuts I've had were from a local place called Milton's.

muteki

I grew up near krispy kreme hq and had my share. They are pretty good especially when fresh but often times I find the in store selection lacking a few of my favorites fairly often. After they closed a bunch of stores a while back there aren't many around that are easy to get to for me.

More often nowadays I go to Duck, Rise or this local place Daylight donuts as they are just as good and have better selection.

Top Bottom