• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Krispy Kreme just opened a store by my house

ccbfan

KK has one good donut and that's the honey glaze straight off the belt. Wait an hour and it become exponentially worse. Wait 4 and is become worse than DD.

All their other donuts are straight worse than DD which is worse than local joint. Well except for maybe DD Boston creme which is my favorite donut.

ghostmind

Krispy Kreme isn't anything special. They don't have shit on Lamar's.

large-454f742c0e63aea6c78acc524f8bcbc8.jpg

Praise be!

soco

The allure of KK is getting them hot, which in many locations is happening less and less. Even then, it's mostly a sugar-play as they have ultra sweet glazes, and sometimes glaze + other coating.

In most cities, you can find more variety and better tasting donuts elsewhere. If you can get them fresh, they'll almost always trump the KK ones. Even in some smaller areas, you can find more awesome donuts.

I'm still salty that the Krispy Kremes closed in Toronto (and I mean the ones where the donuts are freshly made, it's not the same with the smaller shops that get their donuts frozen). It was so much better than Tim Horton's.

PHOTOSHOP

havent had one in years. Being older all the sugar really scares me now.

Never understood why people get toppings or even chocolate ones. Original is already good and already has tons of sugar!

TissueBox

Krispy Kreme just ain't that special for me. Have a donut fresh and decently made and I'll be ready for it in most cases. ^^'

HMD

I wish donuts were a healthy snack that you can have with coffee everyday, because coffee and donuts is literally the perfect breakfast for me.

soco

It's sort of a surprise that there's so few on-demand donut shops. The best I've seen is Pip's in Portland and does various toppings, but they're mini-cake donuts. We have on-demand burger shops, and even made-to-order burger machines, but why no major donuts around that idea?

hom3land

How many have you eaten OP?

Did the Krispy Kreme Challenge in February (ran 2.5 miles to krispy kreme, eat 12 donuts, ran 2.5 miles back) eat a dozen in 1 sitting... Then get back to me.

They have these monstrosities called Krispy Kreme in my area. They're only half the machine, starting with a little toaster warmer and then moves on down to get glazed. It tastes exactly as you'd expect a microwaved donut to taste like. I don't even know where the central shop is that actually makes the donuts.

There is a place in town that is 24hrs and everyone adores, but I found their donuts to be too greasy. The dough just held too much oil when it was fried and didn't quite taste as good as I was hoping.

I just wait until I go to Dallas to get them, but even then it's kind of out of the way, so it's a treat. I once got 2 free dozens because I waited like 30 minutes until the oil heated up. Some one forgot to do it before 4pm when they start the hot and ready sign. Totally worth the wait.

Top Bottom