• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

L.A. bar sells Colt 45 for 15 dollars, in a paper bag. In other news, L.A. is not SF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty77

Natty daddy ain't so bad tbh.
Ugh...any Natty I ever had (ice and light) literally just gave me a migraine, maybe it's just me.

I use to drink Everclear and Baracuda 151, but the only liquor that fucked me up was Old Crow. That shit was straight floor varnish
I was a vodka guy but I would drink almost anything.
Natty is a strictly shotgunning beer. Stab the bottom with a key, put mouth on it, pull tab.
Was never big into that so I never did shotgun one.

Literally across the street from St. Felix you can enter Big Wang's, a significantly less pretentious dive bar where $15 will get you an entire pitcher of actually good beer, or nearly 3 pitchers of the cheap shit.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
What's Colt 45 have to do with gentrification?

40oz in a paper bag knows no race... it's a universal poor drunk beer. Stores by law have to put it in a bag, and leaving it in a bad hides the shame that you're drinking piss with ethanol.

If they can sell it for $15, more power to 'em.

What's Colt 45 have to do with gentrification?

40oz in a paper bag knows no race... it's a universal poor drunk beer. Stores by law have to put it in a bag, and leaving it in a bad hides the shame that you're drinking piss with ethanol.

If they can sell it for $15, more power to 'em.

Gentrification can come down to class. It's trucker hats and Pabst redux.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Gentrification can come down to class. It's trucker hats and Pabst redux.

Pabst was more because there was a want for cheap beer again... it's also not that bad tasting. Though if I'm drinking shit beer give me Montucky Cold Snacks over PBR.

Honestly, it was Hamms before PBR, and before that Blitz Weinhard.. at least in Portland.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I can tell this is gonna be the new thing in 2017. White hipsters with handlebar mustaches in Williamsburg drinking malt liquor straight from the paper bags, getting that classic "urban" alcohol experience.

Well, their other decent-but-not-great lagers are $7 for 12 ounces. The 40 is $4.50 "per beer", which is basically PBR price in that sort of city.

Can we just agree that any beverage at a bar is way overpriced? You wouldn't order a Blue Moon and complain that it's way cheaper if you bought a 12'er from the liquor store..

The thread title is only half of the future dystopia I ordered. $15 Colt 45 in bars is all well and good, but when will the LA/SF sprawls merge into Megacity One? (Yes, I realize they're like four hundred miles apart. It's gonzo 80's cyberpunk rules, it's fine, just like Colt 45 for $15.)

full

Chichikov

The problem is not that you can get it cheaper at a store. Everything you buy at a bar is way more expensive (bars generally aim for the alcohol cost to be at 30% of charged price, but that's on average). What you pay for is the rent, the staff, the owners making a profit and ideally a more fun experience than drinking at home. Now sure, that seem to be on the high end of those margins, but I'll bet you the wine on the menu have higher margin (quick google search shows that St. Francis Cab is $14 a bottle on the internet, they should be able to easily get that for at at least half the price of retail). And yeah, that's an expensive bar as a whole, but I guess that's a reflection of the rent and the general cost of living in the area.

No, the problem with that shit is that it's LOL POOR PEOPLE, with just a dash of LOL BLACK PEOPLE, and that's fucking disgusting to me.

scust.png

God damn hipsters. You expect me to pay $25 for a Marb to chase that shit with?

Jesus.

The problem is not that you can get it cheaper at a store. Everything you buy at a bar is way more expensive (bars generally aim for the alcohol cost to be at 30% of charged price, but that's on average). What you pay for is the rent, the staff, the owners making a profit and ideally a more fun experience than drinking at home. Now sure, that seem to be on the high end of those margins, but I'll bet you the wine on the menu have higher margin (quick google search shows that St. Francis Cab is $14 a bottle on the internet, they should be able to easily get that for at at least half the price of retail). And yeah, that's an expensive bar as a whole, but I guess that's a reflection of the rent and the general cost of living in the area.

No, the problem with that shit is that it's LOL POOR PEOPLE, with just a dash of LOL BLACK PEOPLE, and that's fucking disgusting to me.

This is the natural evolution of hipsterism. They've now fully co-opted their perception of the "culture" while not realizing that it's SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER racist and fucked up.

I think the 15 dollars is on point for the volume of booze you get. You are getting 2.3x times more beer then a bottle.

The paper bag is so the bottle doesnt sweat on your hands.

Nothing to do with class warfare.

Slayven

scust.png

God damn hipsters. You expect me to pay $25 for a Marb to chase that shit with?

Jesus.

This is the natural evolution of hipsterism. They've now fully co-opted their perception of the "culture" while not realizing that it's SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER racist and fucked up.

I got some 76 dollar private reserve Zima.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

This is why hipsters are the fucking worst.

Aside from having bad taste in everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom