• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lady yells at man after he claims his name is "Hugh Mungus".

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirap

She was itching for a fight even before Hugh opened his mouth. Even tried to start shit with the interviewers but they shut her down real quick.

Keasar

Honestly, it's so obvious to me that this woman is not well, that I think it's kinda wrong to hold her up to internet mob justice. :/ It reminds me of how people went on about "SJWs" after this woman posted some YouTubes confronting random men and demanding they "stop stalking her" but she is literally neuro-atypical in some way.

I had to look her up and found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzdf4V7Cf_M
Surely this is a joke thing? Either that or she REALLY needs psychiatric help.

Fingers

Banned
I can't believe people are defending this crazy woman for shouting sexual abuse at a dad joke. What i find more crazy is this woman seems to have an army of angry people behind her in this video and i'm worried for someone who ends up meeting them and tries to defend himself without hotel security or back-up. Could lead to some pretty crazy stuff.

All this talk of she needs help, mental disorders n shit when the reality is much more simple

a87c852995e2310bf7416a7e3d64ec28fcb9ccb2a3da03a4a09fa93021d6fc6e.jpg

hypernima

Banned
The H3H3 video is incorrect to state that even if he said 'humongous dick" that its still not sexual harassment.

Oh that's oh so wrong, and I learned that from personal experience.

Seems really pandery tbh though.

Matticers

Lady is 100% batshit insane. And she came to him looking for a fight in the first place, shoving her camera in his face and asking his name when he just wanted to walk by without talking to her. He should have ignored her question and kept walking but there's no doubt in my mind she would've had a meltdown about that too.

Florist

Neo Member
You have to be kidding me.

It isn't a defense of the ridiculous reaction. But he is making a big penis joke. It isn't sexual harassment, but that is what he's doing.

Definitely. The key being he says "it's humongous." Would have loved for him to pull out his ID card, prove to her that Hugh Mongus is his name, and then have said "by the way, I'm hung like a horse."

That woman was going out of her way to get offended so she could pick a fight with some, what a fucking asshole.

People like this just give ammunition to the wankers that go on about SJWs and make it so you can't identify as being a feminist without looking like a crazy person.

TrutaS

If you walk around the street pointing a camera at people, you'll definitely come back home with a lot of material to shout about. A joke, as lightly sexual as can be, becomes a huge thing when recorded and blown up like this. It could be argued it was a inappropriate joke, but that's a looong way from sexual harassment.

I actually think she is making a diservice to other women by giving fodder for those who argue against feminism.. It makes the discussion way less meanigful for those who have actual and rightful claims...

Hoo-doo

Banned
The H3H3 video is incorrect to state that even if he said 'humongous dick" that its still not sexual harassment.

Oh that's oh so wrong, and I learned that from personal experience.

Seems really pandery tbh though.

Could you explain how it is sexual harassment if, hypothetically, the guy said he had a big dick?

I'm using a wikipedia definition here:
Sexual harassment is bullying or coercion of a sexual nature, or the unwelcome or inappropriate promise of rewards in exchange for sexual favors

I don't think that's what was happening here either way. The guy didn't want to give his real name (for obvious reasons) and used a dumb fake name wrapped in a dad joke. That's it.

Dali

Could you explain how it is sexual harassment if, hypothetically, the guy said he had a big dick?

I don't think that's what was happening here either way. The guy didn't want to give his real name (for obvious reasons) and used a dumb fake name wrapped in a dad joke. That's it.
I think telling someone "I have a humongous dick" could qualify as bullying of a sexual nature. Now the joke isn't explicit so I think chick in the video can fuck right off, but if you said the sentence in full to say a child, I have the feeling you might get brought up on charges.

Yeah I mean if he said his name was Dixie Normous would that be sexual harassment all of a sudden? It's just a dumb joke.

It's fine to say "oh she's just unwell."

But why are there a number of comments where people agree that she was harassed on the original post? Are they just unwell too?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. She may well be unwell, but what about all the others who are basically reinforcing her opinion without even a hint of concern that she might be wrong?

hypernima

Banned

It's been common for years now at least where I live that talking about (yours or someone else's) genitals in certain settings is pretty inappropriate. For me, I was a dumb 16 yr old kid that made a bad quip, luckily I didn't lose my job for it.

If it was in the context of "I got a dig bick" and he was repeating it with that intention, then well yeah, it could be considered that because nobody wants to hear all that.

FTR, I thought what he said was a stupid dad joke, and her reaction seemed ignited for such, but I'm not at all to interpret how a woman perceives it.

She was there to take footage and protest the presence of police and the building of a police precinct.

He was in front of the cameras supporting police.

He could have said "excuse me I'm not comfortable giving you my name" and she likely would have flipped out about something else to make him look bad. She had a militant agenda to create a scene and that's what she did.

This lady needs therapy, she's got some mental problems and is probably very unhappy or uncomfortable in her daily life. Even if it's just being too worried about all the percieved problems in the world nobody should go through life being this upset this easily.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I have a very good fwiend in Wome named Hugh Mungus.

How would she react to Mike Hunt?
Or really any of Bart's prank calls to Moe's Tavern?

This woman is what SJW was originally intended for.

This woman is not a warrior of social justice.

She was being a dick.

I refuse to believe that people (who aren't ignorant) believe fighting for social justice is the same thing as being a dick.

maybe hugh mungus is a warning against any type of sexual contact cuz some chix aren't into monster dicks. course i don't know about that personally my wife is into monster dicks if you know what i mean ho ho.

Normally I would question the ethics of Internet dog piling on what could very well be a mentally ill person ... but the second she tried to make issue for that man and (in theory) get the mob after him she lost all sympathy.

Maybe she's a troll?

maybe hugh mungus is a warning against any type of sexual contact cuz some chix aren't into monster dicks. course i don't know about that personally my wife is into monster dicks if you know what i mean ho ho.

SEXUAL HARASSMENT! YOU HAVE SEXUALLY HARASSED EVERY WOMAN AND MAN THAT HAS READ THIS RESPONSE! RAPE!!!

Zoe

This woman is not a warrior of social justice.

She was being a dick.

I refuse to believe that people (who aren't ignorant) believe fighting for social justice is the same thing as being a dick.
The term wasn't invented as a badge of honor. It was too call out bullies.

The term wasn't invented as a badge of honor. It was too call out bullies.

It's a smart play though. I mean shrouding ones self in self-righteous perceived slights is an easy out as you'll almost always have some idiots that buy into the angle. This crazy woman has a little echo chamber going on over on her Facebook page, for example. So she can ignore all the bullies (read: sane people) and just nod at all the love and support she is getting. Then she can double down at some later point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom