• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lady yells at man after he claims his name is "Hugh Mungus".

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like he's making a joke a about his penis size, and being a smirky annoying ass about it, being a bit disengenuous.

But unless she's battling some trauma demons, why flip the fuck out about it.

Maximo

It seems like he's making a joke a about his penis size, and being a smirky annoying ass about it, being a bit disengenuous.

yea-k.gif

Hes being a smirky annoying ass? Yeeeeeep....

Averon

This was a woman that was looking for a fight. There was nothing the guy could have said or did that would not set this woman off.

She saw him as 'the enemy' first and foremost.

Keasar

Or, throwing this out there, he could be, just hear me out, joking about his body weight? Crazy I know. I do that sometimes as well and I don't feel like I hurt my own feelings!

Honestly, that is what I think, he was pointing at his belly, he was looking down at his belly (trust me, at that size, you don't see your own crotch by just looking down, you have to manoeuvrer a bit), he was making a reference to his body as a deflection to some crazy lady shoving a phone in his face and asking for his personal name which he didn't feel like giving out to random strangers.

Woah...she went fucking nuts. I wonder if she was just making a huge scene just because she was recording.

Who the fuck would react like this? Laugh at the dude and tell him to fuck off or something if you're actually offended for some reason. Her reaction was just insane.

Kurdel

Banned
All I see in this thread is a trigger cascade of people triggered by SJWs triggered by stupid thing.

It's triggers all the way down.

Or, throwing this out there, he could be, just hear me out, joking about his body weight? Crazy I know. I do that sometimes as well and I don't feel like I hurt my own feelings!

Honestly, that is what I think, he was pointing at his belly, he was looking down at his belly (trust me, at that size, you don't see your own crotch by just looking down, you have to manoeuvrer a bit), he was making a reference to his body as a deflection to some crazy lady shoving a phone in his face and asking for his personal name which he didn't feel like giving out to random strangers.

It very well could be. Regardless I think as a poster above said was looking for a fight. She could have had a few choice words and moved on, but nope, gotta raise hell and for what.

Vagabundo

I worked with a Paddy Ennis before, on his locker it said P.Ennis. He was a complete horndog too and had seven kids at home.

I love how suddenly assholes who live in echo chambers are somehow now extremely likely to be mentally ill. And that even if they were, that's somehow a defense for being an asshole.

Unreal.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon

Paches

I like the girl in the background that screams "WHAT THE FUCK?" after the crazy cameralady tells her what happened.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Waaat. I'm on team "woman is crazy attention addict" but the dude made a throwaway dong joke and underestimated her tenacious madness.

The idea his grade school pun meant anything else is a reach worthy of Mr. Fantastic.

RawNuts

I love how suddenly assholes who live in echo chambers are somehow now extremely likely to be mentally ill. And that even if they were, that's somehow a defense for being an asshole.

Unreal.
They can be both; being mentally ill shouldn't absolve anyone of everything and they should deal with the consequences of their actions. However, they also need to realize that they're not right and possibly seek help outside of their echo chamber; mocking them may only serve to validate their dangerous paranoia.

I don't see how that is a defense at all; she is more dangerous than your run-of-the-mill asshole.

Oddduck

This lady would have still went crazy even if he whipped out his Driver's License / ID and showed her his name.

Greddleok

What do Seymour Butts, Hugh Jass, Mike Hunt, Peter File, Hugh Mongous, Ben Dover and Richard Holder all have in common?

They have recently been involved in numerous sexual assaults after attending the local church's meet and greet for neighbourly christians.

Oh and Connie Linguis.

Something I noticed that I thought was interesting was that she was getting all in the face of one of the security guys who was staying silent and stoic.

She kept demanding his name...finally he gave his name, and it's hard to even tell what it is, very foreign-sounding, and he speaks with a thick accent...she immediately runs away from the dude and targets someone else, because she didn't want to be seen as hassling a minority.

This lady would have still went crazy even if he whipped out his Driver's License / ID and showed her his name.

This right here. It appeared to me that she was looking for a way to harass, intimidate, or find some way to invalidate the guy for disagreeing with her stance on the police.

SugarDave

Who cares what he meant by it? The woman was being a dickhead, full stop. If he went full blown DX and screamed "It's Hugh Mungus and if you ain't down with that, then I got two words for ya..." then maybe I'd understand being miffed, but she was the only one being unpleasant in this situation.

Media

People need to realize the 'shouting the loudest and longest' thing doesn't make people want to help you. Being nice and polite makes (most) people eager to please you. In this way, I'm super selfish because I'm always nice.

Also, I'm not going to argue if he sexually harassed her or not, but I was under the impression that sexual harassment isn't illegal? I mean, if he stalked her, threatened her, or put hands on her I'd understand wanting legal action against him.

beasty

She was looking for a fight.

When I worked in a grocery store, I had a couple costumers that would come into the store with no intention of buying anything. Some people have alot of stress and anger, they become so warped that they feel its ok to just attack people for the slightest problem. I had a one lady lose her mind because she found a bad plum tomato in stack of hundreds of plum tomatoes. She wanted to see the manager and was going to file a complaint. Everyone just wanted her to leave the store.

I sympathise with this woman. I was once out at a gym and I asked a woman what her names was, she replied 'Mike Hunt'. Couldn't have yelled any louder if I wanted to, my throat was roar and my heart was beating like a large man at the apex of a slight incline. I couldn't believe she sexually harassed me like that, making reference to her vagina after I, out of the shadows, approached her and demanded to know her name with a clearly already irate demeanor. The worst thing was that when I told the gym owner he denied seeing it and just said he couldn't do anything despite me now being a victim of sexual harassment. Luckily, all of my alt-right friends agreed that this was ridiculous and we'll probably to a protest soon.

In all seriousness, there's been this move recently of trying to catalogue the 1% of the 1% of a lot of groups that have these crazies. First, we had that woman whinging about a hawaiian hula girl and suddenly the whole narrative becomes not just about one person but about a broad spectrum of people that can be painted with a brush by anyone wishing to dismiss an argument lazily.

Any woman who is upset about an issue - ridiculous or not ridiculous - can be called an 'SJW' because we've decided this narrative of either a group on tumblr or a woman in a video that one time can be used to tar literally anyone we disagree with because we think it's this huge issue when it's not. Likewise, you can't say anything about men needing help without being some alt-right shill cunt who wants rape to be legal. You can't dislike 'white people dancing gifs' because it makes you a pseudo-racist but you also can't support Black Lives Matter because suddenly you're this anarchist self-righteous person who wants cops to die.

Every opposing group seems to have absorbed these handy stereotypes to stifle discussion wherein most of us can be referred to as a leftist loon one moment and a right-wing nut the next moment because the conversation has become so polarized we've forgotten most of us are in the middle. What's even worse is when we let this seep into the consciousness of people who should otherwise know better and I feel videos like this one and the hula one are kind of a part of that. I see it when I see my brother's generation discussion sexuality and they have all these opinions about pansexuals and trans people that they've clearly got off 4Chan or Tumblr or something like that because they're only interested or absorb the messages of crazies on both sides and it's almost like the narrative has been manipulated or controlled - in this case - by people that actually are transphobic and it's making everyone else believe their shit.

Sorry for the rant, I'm probably off-base about some of this but it's been whirling around in my head recently and it's quite stressful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom