• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lakers get permission to interview Luke Walton for coach | UPDATE: Walton hired

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm Luke I would have at least waited to see if they land a franchise changing player like Simmons in the draft.

Not like there's a huge selection of head coach's available for the Lakers to choose from, they already passed on Thibs and Brooks by taking too long to give Scott the boot. They would have waited.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
aw man, Kobe was supposed to be head coach and then Derek Fisher was supposed to be assistant coach!!!!!

D i Z

I'm good with this. It's been a rough ride. Maybe Luke can get these young cats to the next level. They don't have to be the best, but they've got to have the heart worth supporting.

I'm good with this. It's been a rough ride. Maybe Luke can get these young cats to the next level. They don't have to be the best, but they've got to have the heart worth supporting.

The Lakers have been so bad and insufferable the last 3 years that Luke has a pretty low bar to pass. All he really has to do is get these young guys to play an entertaining style and, even if they still lose a lot of games, he will have a pretty long leash for the first year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom