• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light |OT| - Play This GOTY Contender

ArjanN

Opus Angelorum said:
I don't think this has been posted, first details of the next Tomb Raider game (apparently a reboot):

There were some "rumors" about this a couple of months ago.

Here is some artwork for it:

20090712144226_image_tomb_raider_9-11141-1912_0001.jpg

20090712144226_image_tomb_raider_9-11141-1912_0002.jpg

20090712144226_image_tomb_raider_9-11141-1912_0003.jpg

Apparantly it was going to be more open-world-y and somewhat survival horror like.

burgerdog

MrTroubleMaker said:
PC question

I've looked though the setup options and checked to see if there is an ini to edit for a way to let it run in a windowed mode. I can't find anything, is there a way to do it? I would like to run it in a window like I do with all of my games (need to look at the rest of the desktop for important things)

thanks

Also. anyone else have an issue with using a 360 controller and every once an a while the mouse aim reticule shows up and effects your aim? I've even unplugged the mouse and it still happens.
Mouse reticule always appears if a pop up is displayed or I press start or back.

Okay Ami... I preordered the PC version based upon your unending love for this title.

This better be the second coming of Christ in game format or else...

Or else I'll do nothing and just complain here.

Edit:

Hot damn! Thanks for the tip, Blizzard!

Korey

I know it was asked (and kind of answered) on the last page, but has it been confirmed that the 360 coop is going live next Tues (28th)?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Korey said:
I know it was asked (and kind of answered) on the last page, but has it been confirmed that the 360 coop is going live next Tues (28th)?
They confirmed it would come out next week along with the free DLC pack.

Online co-op for the 360 version is now slated for release at the end of September alongside the first of five planned packs of downloadable content. The first of those packs will be free for Xbox 360 users for the first 30 days of release.

Source.

derFeef

I would love an open world Tomb Raider game. CD is really on a run, improving quality game after game so I am very confident.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Safe Bet said:
Online co-op and free DLC for the 360-version?

*sigh*

fuck you too CD

Settle down. Because they delayed the online co-op for PS3/PC (why, I dunno) we also get the first DLC for free.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
As fun as this is in SP, this is way more fun in coop. Just had so much fun doing the first three levels.

burgerdog

ArjanN said:
oldmen.jpg

Every version will get online co-op. And the PS3 and PC get the first DLC pack free.
Every platform is getting the first dlc for free. 360 should be getting the first dlc and online coop patch on the 28th.

Blizzard

Banned
I played a little bit of the PC version this morning, and it's about time to get back to it. It looks good so far, but my one big issue is with the torches...I know there is the seizure warning, but I think the frequency or repetitive brightness changes with the torches bothered me, even with background lighting on in my room. It would be awesome (in case the community contact is reading this) if there were an option to either make the brightness relatively constant, or tone the effect down, for people who have problems with the flicker.

Further opinions as I progress, maybe!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Blizzard said:
I played a little bit of the PC version this morning, and it's about time to get back to it. It looks good so far, but my one big issue is with the torches...I know there is the seizure warning, but I think the frequency or repetitive brightness changes with the torches bothered me, even with background lighting on in my room. It would be awesome (in case the community contact is reading this) if there were an option to either make the brightness relatively constant, or tone the effect down, for people who have problems with the flicker.

Further opinions as I progress, maybe!
Wut? My eyes tend to be irritated by that sort of thing fairly easily, but I didn't notice that.

Y2Kev

derFeef said:
I would love an open world Tomb Raider game. CD is really on a run, improving quality game after game so I am very confident.
I thought Tomb Raider in the style of Metroid made a lot of sense.

It was a nice treat this morning finding out that with the Gamespot demo code I was eligible to purchase and play early on Steam. I played a little bit and REALLY dig it. Hope other GAF folk have time for some co-op.

ArjanN said:
There were some "rumors" about this a couple of months ago.

Here is some artwork for it:

*awesome concept art*

*awesome concept art*

*awesome concept art*

Apparantly it was going to be more open-world-y and somewhat survival horror like.

Makes me think of sort of Lovecraftian-hybrid approach. Man, that could be so fucking awesome for the series.

Y2Kev

Jtyettis said:
Local? I'll hit up the online next week as well.
Yeah. I'm not actually sure how it compares online. I was pointing at specific places on the screen for my friend to throw spears to :lol

Blizzard

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Wut? My eyes tend to be irritated by that sort of thing fairly easily, but I didn't notice that.
Well I am bothered by odd things. Normal FPS motion doesn't bother me, but sideways bobbing in STALKER and Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising bothered me. I seem to recall almost getting nauseous in STALKER.

Those games aren't in regard to flicker though. For flicker, I had to look away during that one scene in Kick Ass, but as far as I know my family members haven't had photosensitive seizures at least. Large screenshot: http://www.abload.de/img/lcgol2010-09-2515-49-4xt7m.png

In that shot, both the lower left and top right areas that are lit have a somewhat rapid, seemingly uniform repetitive brightness change. Maybe I'll get used to it though.

On a positive note, the game seems to run very smoothly as long as vsync is on (horrible jerking/tearing otherwise). I really like how smooth the jumping/rolling/running controls are for Lara.

Animator

Xater said:
Uh ok you can unlock the full game right now on PS3 if you get the demo from Gamespot. :lol

How so?

I have been trying to buy the game for the past 30 minutes. Just downloaded and finished the demo from gamespot it said "you can purchase the game early" and I would love to do it but everytime I click unlock it gives an error :(

Blizzard

Banned
After over an hour of playing, I think I have finished 2-3 levels. Of course, I'm collecting a good many items as I go, so I take my time. I like it! The torches only seem to be very noticeable to me in a few indoor areas, and when I'm moving around it's not a big deal.

Combat tends to be quite smooth, and I could probably turn the AA down to 4xAA to make the occasional graphical slowdown go away, but otherwise it runs quite well. I have been playing with mouse and keyboard controls, and I haven't minded it so far. The auto-aim for spearjumping and ring-grappling seems to avoid making things frustrating for the most part. In particular, the control and player orientation for the moveable weighted balls is excellent. Sometimes if you are not careful when you move them they can keep rolling for a bit, but for the most part the control scheme works great, and I could see those sorts of balls being super frustrating otherwise, especially with an isometric mouse+keyboard system.

PC version looks way nicer than the PS3 version....a lot nicer. But I don't think I can play a game on local co-op on PC. Just can't really do it. I'll go with the PS3 version.

Lime

Discotheque said:
PC version looks way nicer than the PS3 version....a lot nicer. But I don't think I can play a game on local co-op on PC. Just can't really do it. I'll go with the PS3 version.

2 Xbox 360 controllers + Wireless dongle should solve your problem.

I don't have those, and I don't see myself playing too many local co-op games on PC, so yeah. Not really a worthwhile investment. My PCs more for single player games or online multiplayer.

Sent

Discotheque said:
I don't have those, and I don't see myself playing too many local co-op games on PC, so yeah. Not really a worthwhile investment. My PCs more for single player games or online multiplayer.

And the reason why Im so irrationally angryyy arghhhhh lol :lol

Yeah, this would have been straight up preordered right now if they hadn't delayed the online co-op patch. That's the only way I see myself playing the PC version, that and the free TR:Legend game with preorder.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just got all the achievements on the first level. This game is soooo awesome!

Plus it looks freaking beautiful and runs like a dream with max everything (AMD 955, 4GB 1600 DDR3, 5850) on this wonderful engine.

Blizzard

Banned
I just got some sort of freeze bug. In the third or so level, after I found the
flamethrower
, I went to try to equip it, and it just showed the bottom of the HUD, with a solid color or something for the top, and my fans spun down. I alt-F4'd it, so hopefully next time it works.

*edit* Continue started me in the same room, but with the weapon missing from the floor, and I was able to use it from my inventory.

I got this free on PS3 via that Gamespot glitch but bought it on PC anyway.

So far the game is awesome. I've only done like two levels, but several times to get everything before moving on. I hope online co-op comes eventually. It is kinda funny how many of the achievements are for co-op play.

Blizzard

Banned
5 achievements so far, and I think 5 maps done. I have gotten the red skulls in most of those maps, only replayed one map, and gotten a reasonable number of powerups. I finally turned down the graphics to 4xAA at 1680x1050 since the boss map (level 5) was making things chug a bit. It was still a little slow on the trees, but mostly good. The relics, or whatever the clay lizard etc. ones are, are a bit similar so far, but I imagine there may be powerful ones towards the end of the game. I like the variety in weapons.

<Indiana Jones>WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE
SPIDERS...at least I got the flamethrower. :lol
</Indiana Jones>

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Lime said:
2 Xbox 360 controllers + Wireless dongle should solve your problem.
They don't sell those alone anymore, the only way to get one is by buying a combo pack that comes with another wireless controller. They were also cheaply manufactured and broke after a fucking year.

Top Bottom