• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last of Us 2 Abby Statue Collectible Costs Over $1,000

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Hardcore Last of Us 2 fans can now get their hands on Abby collectible statue "The Confrontation" for $1,099.00, courtesy of Prime1Studio. The highly-detailed 23-inch statue comes with a base themed after the game, swappable arms that allow Abby to hold a handgun and a hammer, an LED illumination lamp, and a swappable bonus right arm that lets Abby hold a Molotov cocktail. The statue is available in extremely limited quantities (only 400 are being made), so those interested will want to get their order in as soon as possible. In the meantime, those wanting to expand their collection even further will have to set aside another $1,000+ for the Ellie statue that's on the way.

Prime1Studio has confirmed that an Ellie statue called "The Theater" is also in the works. The statues are meant to be a pair, so collectors will undoubtedly want to acquire both for their collections. The $1,099.00 price tag is likely to turn away most fans, but that's why only 400 are being made. These collectibles are strictly for the most-dedicated Last of Us fans who happen to be in a position where they can spend over $1,000 on a statue.

last-of-us-2-abby-statue.jpg

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'd imagine that price will go up as it becomes a rare item as very few people will own one 😏

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
So you have this reddit where guys buy expensive weeb figurines and jizz all over it,and post pics.

This would be the best one yet.

Hot glued 1000 dollar Abby 🤣🤣🤣

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Not for me to judge the quality of the statue, since I don't care for these things, but I'm really surprised that there's a market for this.

Is it likely the $110 downpayment covers production?

Definitely worth buying though, the value of these will skyrocket in the future, just like the...

[at this point I thought I'd check and see what Bioshock statues were worth now and found that Ebay are selling NEW bioshock statues for $2000.]

I guess they might end up being worth something. Colour me surprised.

Not for me to judge the quality of the statue, since I don't care for these things, but I'm really surprised that there's a market for this.

Definitely worth buying though, the value of these will skyrocket in the future, just like the...

[at this point I thought I'd check and see what Bioshock statues were worth now and found that Ebay are selling NEW bioshock statues for $2000.]

Dude, it's an ugly bitch that everybody hates. How are these going to skyrocket exactly? More like failure to launch due to her fatass.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Dude, it's an ugly bitch that everybody hates. How are these going to skyrocket exactly? More like failure to launch due to her fatass.
I was making a sarcastic comment about how these ugly statues are surely all headed for either landfill or hidden out of sight, steadily decreasing in value.

But it seems that somehow this stuff does still end up being worth something, as I found out by checking ebay.

It's not for me, but I guess not everyone thinks the same way.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

They have to place a non-refundable deposit to hold your place for the pre-order. Without it, many people would pre-order and not actually commit to their purchase.

I was making a sarcastic comment about how these ugly statues are surely all headed for either landfill or hidden out of sight, steadily decreasing in value.

But it seems that somehow this stuff does still end up being worth something, as I found out by checking ebay.

It's not for me, but I guess not everyone thinks the same way.
Not a viable comparison as BioShock is a beloved classic with a memorable and likeable mascot. This game on the other hand had a mixed reception with a butch character that everybody hates.

Spukc

What the fuck do you people do with these things after you buy them? Shove it up your asses?
Dear summer child

lol wtf ? i have that one the big daddy

Cyberpunkd

Prime1Studio has confirmed that an Ellie statue called "The Theater" is also in the works. The statues are meant to be a pair, so collectors will undoubtedly want to acquire both for their collections. The $1,099.00 price tag is likely to turn away most fans, but that's why only 400 are being made. These collectibles are strictly for the most-dedicated Last of Us fans who happen to be in a position where they can spend over $1,000 on a statue.
My guess is they will struggle to sell even 100 of these.

Spukc

Imagine the state of your life when you're fondling or jazzing on statues. Which is what I presume they do with them... is there something worse I'm not considering? :messenger_grimmacing_
not sure but when i heard about it i thought it was fake,

Top Bottom