• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Latest EGM Scores

meltpotato said:
i had heard that this type of score would be popping up and i also heard comments about: the controls and "so all you do is smash zombies?"

I was concerned about that until I saw the webisodes.
All Bosses = Paranoid Human Crazies Driven To The Brink?
Day One Purchase.

In that guy's (partial) defense, the G'n'G games could be classified as radioactive in their difficulty.

Anyone care to sum up the Deep Labyrinth reviews?

Bebpo

Banned
UG&G score makes sense when you figure the game, while awesome, is only going to appeal to a niche hardcore market who want lots of deaths and old-school jump mechanics. The mainstream gamer who picks up EGM would probably not enjoy the game.

Ark-AMN said:
Ninety-Nine Nights - 4.5, 4.5, 6.0

Weren't a lot of people here anticipating this one?

Yes but Dynasty warriors and all its assorted clones review poorly. It seems that unless your a fan of the genre, you will hate the games.

reallyfun

Banned
RUMORS...

- Saint's Row to be PS3 launch title
- New Prince of Persia for next-gen consoles
- Crysis sequel/spin-off to next-gen consoles
- Luigi's Mansion sequel for Wii
- Free Virtual Console games to be packaged with select Wii launch titles
- Dumbed-down Halo to launch with Microsoft's inevitable handheld
- The next Elder Scrolls game is scheduled to ship next summer

threeball

Banned
RUMORS

Saint's Row to be PS3 launch title
New Prince of Persia for next-gen consoles
Crysis sequel/spin-off to next-gen consoles
Luigi's Mansion sequel for Wii
Free Virtual Console games to be packaged with select Wii launch titles
Dumbed-down Halo to launch with Microsoft's inevitable handheld
The next Elder Scrolls game is scheduled to ship next summer

Bebpo said:
UG&G score makes sense when you figure the game, while awesome, is only going to appeal to a niche hardcore market who want lots of deaths and old-school jump mechanics. The mainstream gamer who picks up EGM would probably not enjoy the game.

pretty much exactly. if they put up a 9.5 on UGnG they would probably get railed by the majority of their userbase.

its kinda similar with Dead Rising as i dont really see hwo the game would appeal terribly well to people who dont what a sandbox zombie killing game, yet to those people its a high quality release. EGM does not write for GAF.

Scotch said:
dawsowned.jpg
QFT

reallyfun said:
RUMORS...
- Saint's Row to be PS3 launch title
- New Prince of Persia for next-gen consoles
- Crysis sequel/spin-off to next-gen consoles
- Luigi's Mansion sequel for Wii
- Free Virtual Console games to be packaged with select Wii launch titles
- Dumbed-down Halo to launch with Microsoft's inevitable handheld
- The next Elder Scrolls game is scheduled to ship next summer
Go Nintendo!

::SOB:: Dead Rising please don't be mediocre!

threeball said:
The next Elder Scrolls game is scheduled to ship next summer
Geez, it would have to be a spinoff or port or something then. There's no way they could get a full Elder Scrolls entry out in that amount of time.

matrene

7.0-8.0 scroes for Dead rising is bad now. That's about what I expected for this type of game.

Were people expecting 9's and 10's for this game or something? o_O

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
BenjaminBirdie said:
What'd they give Chromehounds again? Seems over for Game Reviews.
Come on, though...there's a damn good reason for that. The game requires some serious online dedication and was reviewed a bit unfairly, perhaps, on the basis of a poor single player campaign.

PS3 launch is 3 months away? how can a game come on a system 3 months from launch and be stated as a launch game and yet not be announced. thats a very "desperate" rumour from EGM

BenjaminBirdie said:
:lol

I don't know which is worse, coming to that conclusion after only one review, or that this conclusion can be reached from any review at all.
It's all I have~!

This makes my decision on Dead Rising vs. Okami so much harder! Patience vs. money!

matrene said:
7.0-8.0 scroes for Dead rising is bad now. That's about what I expected for this type of game.

No, anything from 8.0 to 9.0 for those 3 numbers would rest my soul that it wasn't as shallow as it has the propensity to be :(

syllogism

Chris Remo said:
Geez, it would have to be a spinoff or port or something then. There's no way they could get a full Elder Scrolls entry out in that amount of time.

It's probably the expansion pack they've already talked about

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
OMG here come bombaton/betrayalton/uproarton!

Dead Rising - 7.5, 7.0, 8.0

Good scores for the game it is. It's not a killer app.

Amir0x

Banned
threeball said:
RUMORS

Saint's Row to be PS3 launch title

*shrug*

threeball said:
New Prince of Persia for next-gen consoles
Crysis sequel/spin-off to next-gen consoles

Duh.

threeball said:
Luigi's Mansion sequel for Wii

ugh, use your good IPs Nintendo.

threeball said:
Free Virtual Console games to be packaged with select Wii launch titles

thumbs up. I hope one of them is Metroid Prime III!

matrene said:

It probably got hammered for its short game length.

Bebpo

Banned
jiji said:
This is both: why the audience should not be considered when scoring a game, and why review scores are retarded.

But what if the reviewer is a mainstream gamer and those scores actually represent their non-hardcore-non-old-school-loving self?

When it comes down to it, reviewers are just people with social lives and varying tastes/skills when it comes to gaming.

Amir0x

Banned
I think probably more because Dead Rising is pretty shallow. But this is something you know going in, I expect. It's not going to be a 10/10/10 game or something

Bebpo said:
But what if the reviewer is a mainstream gamer and those scores actually represent their non-hardcore-non-old-school-loving self?

When it comes down to it, reviewers are just people with social lives and varying tastes/skills when it comes to gaming.

reviewers are also hard core gamers unlike the casual crowd

jiji said:
This is both: why the audience should not be considered when scoring a game, and why review scores are retarded.

im not a really big fan of game reviews, so i guess i agree with you. but in the same token, FGM is a business and they DO have to write to their readership. 1up often has much more interesting and open reviews that come to very different conclusions and i think that difference in readership has a lot to do with that.

wiiboxstation said:
reviewers are also hard core gamers unlike the casual crowd

that is not an over-arching truth. not by any stretch

Ark-AMN

Banned
Chris Remo said:
Definitely an expansion pack. I mean, they got those out pretty quick for Morrowind. Considering how well Oblivion has done, Bethesda would no doubt want to have something that can rake in more money soon.

I'm hoping for something to take place in the Black Marsh.

Amir0x said:
I think probably more because Dead Rising is pretty shallow. But this is something you know going in, I expect. It's not going to be a 10/10/10 game or something
No, of course not. Still, unlockables and all... co-op maybe would have bumped those scores up, also.

Bebpo said:

Take yer logic elsewhere

Superfrog

DarienA said:
Crap the commercials and writeups made this one look like it was really improved, I may have to check it out anyway.

It is improved and a really good game. Scored an average 8 in Europe...

Core407

Banned
Amir0x said:

Over 500 weapons, achievements, a cool health system, skill increases through books and a branching questline doesn't sound shallow to me.

Top Bottom