• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Latest Pre-Order Message from Lik Sang...

Piscopink

... has me worried:

No Money Down Special Pre-Orders for Sony PlayStation 3 and 20+ PlayStation 3 Launch Titles
Tue Oct 3 2006 22:38:15 Hong Kong Time - PlayStation 3

Sony's PlayStation 3 is only one month away, with its official release date set to November 11 in Japan and November 17 in the USA.

Virtually place yourself in the waiting line at Japanese videogame shops and let Lik Sang do the dirty work for you. Conditions are quite flexible and there is strictly no money involved. No need to wait for the department store next door to finally get its stock a year later. The price at Lik-Sang.com will remain $0 until we have secured the best possible purchase prices, as many units as possible, and until further details emerge from our suppliers all around the world.

You'll also find a number of official launch titles for the same $0 pre-order price tag in our PlayStation 3 category, but please take into account that some of these games may still be delayed or new ones may get added by Sony to the official launch title list. In any case, you'll always have the final word of what games you want us to ship with your console. By the way, if you have already placed your Special Pre-Order, you can now head over to your my Account page and add them to your list.

PlayStation 3
playstation3.jpg

US$ 0.00
buy_now.gif

Special Pre-Order Terms & Conditions:
1. Your pre-order is not binding and you can cancel at any time.
2. Once release and price details are known, you will receive an email that you need to confirm.
3. As long as you don't cancel, you will keep your position in the pre-order list.
4. Unit price and features are not confirmed and can change at any time.
5. Release date is not confirmed and might change.
6. The product is listed with a dummy price - your credit card is NOT charged.
7. All special pre-orders are limited to a maximum of 1 unit.
8. Depending on release schedule you will be offered choice between US and Japanese systems as Premium or Basic PS3 Pack.
9. Choices and changes are also allowed if several editions/colors are made available.
10. Confirmed launch titles can be added to your order; if a title is delayed, orders can be changed.
11. Again, you will not pay a penny until the minute we ship out your order.

Zip in, zip out, time to make a quick move if you want to catch one of the last remaining spots.

If You Have Already Placed Your Special Pre-Order

If you have already placed your Special Pre-Order Without any games or accessories, you may now head over to your My Account section and add available games to your order. Simply enter the Item Number in the blank field.

• Genji : Kamui Souran (Japanese) (Item No. 9660)
• Mahjong Kakutou Club (Japanese) (Item No. 9661)
• Mobile Suit Gundam : Target In Sight (Japanese) (Item No. 9662)
• Resistance : Jinrui Botsuraku no Hi (Japanese) (Item No. 9663)
• Sega Golf Club (Japanese) (Item No. 9664)
• Ridge Racer 7 (Japanese) (Item No. 9665)
• F.E.A.R (US) (Item No. 9666)
• Madden NFL 07 (US) (Item No. 9667)
• Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 (US) (Item No. 9668)
• Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas (US) (Item No. 9669)
• Call of Duty 3 (US) (Item No. 9670)
• Genji : Days of the Blade (US) (Item No. 9671)
• MotorStorm (US) (Item No. 9672)
• NBA 07 (US) (Item No. 9673)
• Need for Speed Carbon (US) (Item No. 9674)
• NHL 2K7 (US) (Item No. 9675)
• Resistance : Fall Of Man (US) (Item No. 9676)
• The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (US) (Item No. 9677)
• Untold Legends : Dark Kingdom (US) (Item No. 9678)

Extra note: Be prepared that day-1 prices will unfortunately be much higher than the manufacturers suggested retail price, simply for the fact that our purchase cost itself will be much higher than the SRP too. Experienced and veteran hardcore gamers, who are not importing a system for the first time, know that buying a PS3 at launch or a PSP at launch is not the same thing as simply buying a mere PlayStation 3 or a random PSP off some supermarket shelf. People who really want it at the very first moment it is released are paying for the privilege of getting it two months before the massive overflow, and unfortunately middle-men in Japan and the USA who are lucky enough to get their hands on the very first stock know this as well. There is never enough of the good stuff on a launch day, and Lik Sang is required to pay premium pricing to get earlybird stock in sufficient levels for everybody, and yet, as PSP, NDS, PS2 and even Dreamcast releases have taught us in the past, day-one stock will definitely be sold out in a blink of an eye.

It's not that we like this situation or mark up a higher profit rate than we usually do on other systems. It's just that we know by experience that exporting systems from Hong Kong involves dealing with lots of greedy middlemen who know the value of what they have in their hands. It's not as easy as dispatching nationwide unfortunately, it's a very special type of service. After encountering that problem on PlayStation 2 and GameCube for instance, Lik Sang initiated the No-Money-Down Reservation List concept for Nintendo DS and Sony PSP, exactly to tackle this particular matter, letting people choose their timing and pricing. Most of PSP and NDS preorder customers seem to have been pleased with how things went back then.

Basically, we understand the launch prices are crazy high in the beginning, because of the rarity of what we are trying to snatch for you. Hence your freedom to choose for the exact moment you want to act. Unfortunately, Lik Sang has no influence on the open priced policies, the exceeding demand, low supply outputs, or shortages. For instance, the Sony PSP went within a couple of weeks from US$ 529 to US$ 429 to US$ 379 to US$ 329 and then to US$ 279... the PlayStation 2 even started with US$ 1500 back then in Hong Kong, and literally only a few pieces were available in the launch week.

Long story short, we can only extend to you the offers that we get, while waiting for the market to stabilize. But that's the beauty of the No Money Down Special Pre-Order system, you can always ignore day-1 prices and wait for a few more days, a few more weeks, or even several months, until the price goes down to an acceptable level. Without ever losing your pre-order position!

Get informed always when it happens using the Lik Sang Product Alert®. Just enter your email address below and you don't have to worry about knowing EVERYTHING of importance as one of the first persons.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Virtually place yourself in the waiting line at Japanese videogame shops and let Lik Sang do the dirty work for you.

Wow.

Are Lik-Sang going to rent some homeless to camp out in line for them?

Is anyone on GAF seriously thinking of going this route?

The funny thing is, this sounds less sleazy than the rumored Gamestop/EB pre-order set up.

MrDaravon

I have to at least admire the fact that they're being very upfront and honest with you that you're gonna get raped. I'm sure it's largely out of their hands as well. They've been taking PS3 preorders like this for a couple weeks now I believe. Also I know ncsx is going to start taking preorders tommorrow for those interested.

pkasho

Sounds like they're just getting bootleg stock (ie. official JP ones) from HK, which would be reasonable since they aren't likely to line-up themselves.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
I swear, when I read that post, I was ready to preorder.

Then I thought about those rapetime photoshops with my face pasted in there... and yeah, I guess I don't need a PS3 for zero hour that bad.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
PlayStation 2 even started with US$ 1500

So what is PS3 going to cost, upwards of US$ 2500?

Yet another reason why I've never bought a home console until at least six months after release, though I certainly see the appeal.

Piscopink

AstroLad said:
So what is PS3 going to cost, upwards of US$ 2500?

Yet another reason why I've never bought a home console until at least six months after release, though I certainly see the appeal.

This WAS my ace in the hole. I pre-ordered near the first day Lik Sang offered the pre-order. But ****, do I really want to pay $2500? Do you really think it will reach $2500?

Top Bottom