• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lazy Box art

Walter Matthau

Gold Member
God_Hand.jpg

starwarsdarkforces.png

New002

james-bond-blood-stonwydk9.jpg

Good job, interns. That was piss easy. All you had to do was cut out a render of Daniel Craig on Photoshop, slap him against a background of grey nothingness and slap on the logo in the biggest font it can allow, big enough just in case a regular shopper notices it.

I think that's a pretty nice cover :)

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh

I hate this cover with passion of a thousand suns, but it's not really lazy

final-fantasy-xiii-cover.jpg

This is lazy. Just the character stuck on a plain background with a logo in the top right. I like minimilistic like the MGS Cover , but this just screams laziness to me.

Ubi actually did reissue the PS2 Sands of Time using Forgotten Sands artwork for some reason.

Wow are you serious? That's pretty much the most irrational thing for Ubisoft to do. Why would they use boxart from a different game in the series. Just seems like it would confuse people unnecessarily haha.

Man that's crazy. Ubisoft actually was wanting to confuse people into thinking they got The Forgotten Sands for PS2. My apologies friend.

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
A lot of people appear to be confusing simple with lazy. Just because there isn't a custom-designed intricately detailed piece of concept art on the box doesn't mean it isn't a good cover. Like the Trauma Center one with the big red cross on it, I think that's quite effective.

final-fantasy-xiii-cover.jpg

This is lazy. Just the character stuck on a plain background with a logo in the top right. I like minimilistic like the MGS Cover , but this just screams laziness to me.

Whhhyyy did this have to be the PAL boxart too!? It broke the pretty tradition of plain white and a logo. XIII sucks in so many ways.

vareon

I like the minimalist, clean look. The intriguing title is all you need. Just because it's simple doesn't mean it's lazy.

Just because it's simple doesn't mean it's not lazy, though. I mean you can create a "minimalist, simple, clean, and to the point" box art of every game ever by putting its logo on a white background. But not every game has the same impact.

Top Bottom